Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2023, 11:45 AM
    Why wouldn't the kids tell their parents?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2023, 05:39 AM
    You say you're a counselor, and yet you don't know that children frequently hide important things from their parents? Kids withhold this kind of information from their parents because they know the parents won't let them go merrily along with their nonsense.

At any rate, the post was about a school district compelling teachers to withhold information from, and even to lie to, parents. Surely you don't support that, do you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2023, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You say you're a counselor, and yet you don't know
    There ya go again with the putdowns! My question was rhetorical. And it gave you the opportunity to fall back on your experience as a parent.
    that children frequently hide important things from their parents? Kids withhold this kind of information from their parents because they know the parents won't let them go merrily along with their nonsense.
    And why would they instead confide in teachers? Oh, yeah, some parents may be a parent like you, calling it "nonsense".
    At any rate, the post was about a school district compelling teachers to withhold information from, and even to lie to, parents. Surely you don't support that, do you?
    As a CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR, I would meet with the students and teachers and parents separately and together AND in good order to help everyone be together in one loving, caring mind.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2023, 10:46 AM
    There ya go again with the putdowns!
    Don't be so sensitive.

And why would they instead confide in teachers?
    I don't know that the children have confided in teachers. It might simply be more on the lines of what the teacher has observed. At any rate, the first level of authority is the parents, and you seem to be condoning the teachers lying to them.

Oh, yeah, some parents may be a parent like you, calling it "nonsense".
    Funny how you are opposed to the use of putdowns unless, of course, it's being done by you to someone else. I would suggest you first concentrate on setting a good example. Your use of putdowns doesn't bother me, but the incessant moralizing about it, and your excepting your own use of it, does.

Christian counselor? Not too sure about that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2023, 01:53 PM
    I don't know that the children have confided in teachers. It might simply be more on the lines of what the teacher has observed.
    What the teacher has observed has nothing to do with it. Except as discussion with the hopefully open-minded school counselor.
    At any rate, the first level of authority is the parents, and you seem to be condoning the teachers lying to them.
    Nope. You don't understand.
    Funny how you are opposed to the use of putdowns unless, of course, it's being done by you to someone else. I would suggest you first concentrate on setting a good example. Your use of putdowns doesn't bother me, but the incessant moralizing about it, and your excepting your own use of it, does.
    Am just trying to keep up with you.
    Christian counselor? Not too sure about that.
    There ya go again. Just can't hold back, can ya.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2023, 02:41 PM
    Nope. You don't understand.
    I know. You want the government school to be the ultimate authority in every child's life. That's how they do it in China.

Am just trying to keep up with you.
    It's so funny. You always want to blame your problem on someone else. It's what children do. "Mom, I only did it because Johnny did it first!" I would encourage you to take some responsibility for your own actions. If put-downs are wrong, then it's wrong for you to do it and you should stop.

As to the rest, it wasn't a put-down but just an honest inquiry. A Christian counselor, in order to be genuinely Christian, would have to point people to Jesus and to His Word. I have never seen you do either. Perhaps you can point to places where you have? Or perhaps you can point us to all those places where Jesus endorsed boys becoming girls. I must have missed that one.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2023, 03:34 PM
    I know. You want the government school to be the ultimate authority in every child's life. That's how they do it in China.{/quote}
    Nope, you're wrong.
    [quote[It's so funny. You always want to blame your problem on someone else. It's what children do. "Mom, I only did it because Johnny did it first!" I would encourage you to take some responsibility for your own actions. If put-downs are wrong, then it's wrong for you to do it and you should stop.
    But but but I wanna be just as mature as you are -- but NOT with your unkind criticisms!
    As to the rest, it wasn't a put-down but just an honest inquiry. A Christian counselor, in order to be genuinely Christian, would have to point people to Jesus and to His Word. I have never seen you do either. Perhaps you can point to places where you have? Or perhaps you can point us to all those places where Jesus endorsed boys becoming girls. I must have missed that one.
    You must have been hiding in a closet all your life! How little you understand about Jesus. And I'm beginning to wonder if you're struggling with gender dysphoria.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2023, 04:02 PM
    But but but I wanna be just as mature as you are -- but NOT with your unkind criticisms!
    I didn't realize you are so convinced that I have the power to govern your behavior.

I asked for places where you point people to Jesus and His Word, and I get this? "You must have been hiding in a closet all your life! How little you understand about Jesus. And I'm beginning to wonder if you're struggling with gender dysphoria." Oh well. It is what it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 20, 2023, 04:07 PM
    Remember, the Adam and Eve story is an allegory.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2024, 06:34 AM
    So now Australia is going woke. No more "brother " and "sister " the correct woke word is "sibling" .

Ridiculous push to ban the phrase 'brother' and 'sister' - as 'woke' equality group reveals the new 'inclusive' term we should be calling our loved ones | Daily Mail Online

I'm worried . My name is traditionally a name given to a male. Will that too be outlawed ? Is naming a baby by male or female names discriminatory ? Regressive ? Will we only have non-binary androgynous ·names ? Or even worse . Shall we refrain from naming a baby until that person decides which gender they are ?
    But it is Australia .......a nation that was once a penal colony.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 10:22 AM
    I asked for places where you point people to Jesus and His Word
    I do when I am counseling someone. I don't counsel here on AMHD.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2024, 12:44 PM
    So you can only mention Jesus in a professional setting? Interesting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 02:19 PM
    So you can only mention Jesus in a professional setting? Interesting.
    Too bad we're not cyber friends. You'd be in awe.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2024, 03:44 PM
    In awe that you claim you only mention Jesus in a counseling setting? Kind of doubt that...seriously. VERY seriously. But I guess you are certainly impressed with yourself???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 04:45 PM
    In awe that you claim you only mention Jesus in a counseling setting?
    I "only" mention Jesus in a counseling setting? Who said that? Oh, YOU did....

As appropriate on Facebook Messenger and in email and when on the phone and in person.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2024, 04:54 PM
    You said you mention Him in a counseling setting. Now you seem to be expanding on that. I would hope you would point people to Him on every occasion possible, be it AMHD or otherwise.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 05:02 PM
    You said you mention Him in a counseling setting. Now you seem to be expanding on that. I would hope you would point people to Him on every occasion possible, be it AMHD or otherwise.
    I don't brag about my mission work.
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2024, 05:43 PM
    No. You just claim we should be in awe.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 05:53 PM
    No. You just claim we should be in awe.
    I was being sarcastic.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2024, 11:31 AM
    Justice will, perhaps, be served here. The district was ordered to reinstate the teachers involved. I don't know if that order is permanent or not. It certainly should be.

A federal judge ordered a California middle school to allow two school teachers suing district administrators and the California Board of Education over gender identity policies back into the classroom, months after the duo were placed on paid administrative leave last May.
    "I’m shocked! I’m still processing. I cannot believe it," Lori Ann West, one of the teachers behind the lawsuit, told San Diego's FOX 5 last Wednesday.
    Elizabeth Mirabelli, the other teacher involved in the case, will also be allowed to return to the classroom.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/califo...policy-lawsuit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How big is a Billion? If you had a million dollars in a suitcase and you spent a thou [ 1 Answers ]

How big is a billion? If you had a million dfollars in a suitcase and you spent a thousand dollars each day.How many years would it take you to use all the money spending at the same rate,Hoe many years would it take you to empty a suitcase filled with a billion

Can my partner adopot my son without the fathers permison even thou he not on birth c [ 2 Answers ]

I want my partner of 7- 8 months to adopt my son but I do not want to ask permission from the father we ended our relationship before the birth of our son and he is now in prison and is not on the birth certificate can he stop the adoption

I don't know if he really wants to b together thou. [ 5 Answers ]

OK so here it is... I really like this guy and I can tell he likes me back... and our best frn even told me he thinks I'm really hot and you know stuff like that! And the day we met he lent me his belt, after I said "i'll love u forever and ever and longer!" but he wouldn't give it to my other...

Registry where art thou? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I navigate to the registry in XP??

View more questions Search