Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2023, 05:44 PM
    Home alone in the Bidenomics era
    'Home Alone ' was filmed 1990 . 2 bags of groceries containing a half gallon of milk, a half gallon of orange juice, a TV dinner, bread, frozen mac and cheese, laundry detergent, cling wrap, toilet paper, a pack of toy soldiers , and dryer sheets were $19.83 (with a dollar off coupon for the OJ ) He broke into his piggy bank for the money

Today the same 2 bags with the same groceries costs $72.28

So you think 'that was 33 years ago true . But just last year those same 2 bags cost $44.40 . A $28 increase in a year

and that is under the assumption that the container sizes are the same and have not been creatively shrunk .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2023, 06:44 PM
    How anyone can vote for this current administration is just beyond me. And to be fair, the repubs don't seem to have the courage to effectively resist this craziness. We are carrying a national debt equivalent to 100K for every man, woman and child in the country.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2023, 06:09 AM
    Either the Fed is playing things by the seat of their pants ;looking in the rear view mirror to predict the future ;or they are getting marching orders .

The unconstrained spending is of course a huge issue. But the Fed since 2008 has played money games with easing and tightening.

The Fed now employes 24,000 people . Of them are 400 PHD egg head economists . You can't tell me they don't see what is clearly evident to idiots like me.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 06:34 AM
    You can't tell me they don't see what is clearly evident to idiots like me.
    That is the really strange part. They have to see the damage this is doing. If that's true, then there is a direction to this thing.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 9, 2023, 09:40 AM
    The massive increase in the cost of living isn't limited to the USA, it's a Global issue, fueled by the massive uncertainty in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, as well as profiteering companies.
    Global inflation is forecast to rise from 4.7 percent in 2021 to 8.8 percent in 2022 but to decline to 6.5 percent in 2023 and to 4.1 percent by 2024.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2023, 12:57 PM
    You are right . It is a global problem Since 2008 central banks have had the printing presses churning out monopoly money . All this QE has come due .
    Global debt is currently somewhere around $305 trillion. Combined public and private debt owed is 238 % of global GDP . I don't see a way out .
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 01:45 PM
    Global debt is currently somewhere around $305 trillion. Combined public and private debt owed is 238 % of global GDP . I don't see a way out .
    Chilling post. In the meantime, people worry about Trump's hair.

Like you, I don't see a plausible way out of this, but other than having stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, I have no credentials at all. I do know that if my wife and I were carrying a combined 200K of debt, I'd be terrified.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2023, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Chilling post. In the meantime, people worry about Trump's hair.
    And his mental abilities that lie under that orange mop.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 02:11 PM
    You support Biden and yet worry about someone else's mental abilities??? Curiouser and curiouser.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2023, 02:15 PM
    You support Biden and yet worry about someone else's mental abilities??? Curiouser and curiouser.
    Oh, I haven't unloaded yet on Biden. (Who says I support him? The door to the candy shop is still open.)
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 02:57 PM
    Correct. You have predictably said nothing negative about Biden.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2023, 03:01 PM
    Correct. You have predictably said nothing negative about Biden.
    Actually, I have. He's too old to be president again. And yes, he fumbles and stumbles and trips.-- both body and tongue.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 04:31 PM
    I commend you! I would only add that it's his fumbling and stumbling of mind that would give me greater concern than his speech or body.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2023, 05:09 PM
    At least he doesn't babble about peach-tree dishes and bowel movements.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 08:44 PM
    peach-tree dishes and bowel movements.
    First of all, the peach-tree dishes fumble was by MTG and not Trump, so I think you missed that one. I have no idea what the BM comment is about. At any rate, I don't concern myself with silliness such as that. I try to ask some common-sense questions.

1. Would I prefer the Trump economy or the Biden economy?
    2. Would I prefer 3% inflation under Trump or 8% under Biden?
    3. Do I want a pres who will appoint qualified judges who believe in the rule of law or liberal idealogues?
    4. Would I prefer a pres who refuses to force me and other taxpayers to pay off student loans incurred by others, or the pres we have now?
    5. Do I really want to have a pres who, along with his son, engaged in a corrupt influence peddling scheme to the tune of millions of dollars?
    6. Between Biden and Trump, who did a better job of controlling runaway fed spending and budget deficits?
    7. Would I like to have a pres who will make a legit effort to control immigration on our southern border?
    8. Do I want a pres who loves the killing of unborn children or a pres who opposes it?

That's how I am approaching it. Ideally we'll end up with DeSantis.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 10, 2023, 12:42 AM
    Your #5 is an interesting one considering the totality of current criminal actions.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2023, 05:53 AM
    That's a fair observation as long as we consider the purpose of the criminal prosecutions.

You can refer to Tom's related post here. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...-a-851084.html
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2023, 12:23 PM
    First of all, the peach-tree dishes fumble was by MTG and not Trump, so I think you missed that one. I have no idea what the BM comment is about.
    It may as well have been from uneddicated Trump.

Without addressing her gaffe, Greene continued and warned of Americans receiving a "zap" if they eat meat.
    "You will probably get a little zap inside your body and that is saying 'no, no, don't eat a real cheeseburger, eat the fake burger,' the fake meat from Bill Gates," Greene said.

"They probably also want to know when you go to the bathroom, if your bowel movements are on time or consistent, what else do these people want to know?"

https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...eorgia-1711261
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2023, 12:49 PM
    It may as well have been from uneddicated Trump.
    I know. Anything to keep you from having to admit you were wrong.

So you had two objections to Trump, and all you proved was that you didn't know who you were talking about? Oh well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2023, 01:45 PM
    I know. Anything to keep you from having to admit you were wrong.

So you had two objections to Trump, and all you proved was that you didn't know who you were talking about? Oh well.
    Huh? You're still having problems tracking. I had said:

"At least he doesn't babble about peach-tree dishes and bowel movements."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home wiring diagram 1962 conner moblie home electrical [ 2 Answers ]

Mobile home electrical wiring diagram for a 1962 conner mobile home

If a Home Health Nurse has her spouse drive her to her patient\'s home (home visits) [ 5 Answers ]

If a Home Health Nurse has her spouse drive her to her patient's home (home visits) and remains in the car during the visit... Is this a violation of HIPPA. Is this a violation of title 22 regulation

Tenant in my private home has not paid rent, so can I limit her access to my home? [ 7 Answers ]

I live in NJ.. My wife and I separated in 2009, to cover bills, she allowed a friend to move into a room in our private home and gave her a basic lease which is NOT dated. My wife does not own the home, I am the primary owner on the mortgage. Anyway, this woman she allowed to move in is a horder,...

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

View more questions Search