Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2023, 09:09 PM
    Bummer for the Bidens
    This can't be good news for dad, especially if it turns out to be, as seems likely, merely the tip of the iceberg. I can see this snowballing into dad deciding not to run.

President Biden's son Hunter Biden was indicted in California Thursday on a litany of tax charges, according to documents made public.
    The indictment Hunter Biden's failure to pay nearly $200,000 of income tax in the year 2019.

Special Counsel David Weiss has been using a federal grand jury in Los Angeles to gather evidence of possible criminal tax charges against Hunter Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...ent-california
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2023, 04:22 AM
    A slap on the wrist . At most he will be fined . Meanwhile it takes the heat off of Quid. It also means that the Justice Dept can continue to stonewall in Congressional hearing saying they can't comment on an ongoing investigation yada yada .
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2023, 08:43 AM
    According to FoxNews, it's all about evading taxes to the tune of 1.4 mil and he could face 15 years. I wonder if he ends up turning state's evidence on dad as part of a deal?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2023, 10:57 AM
    not likely This prosecutor Weiss was the same one that was going to allow a plea deal on gun charges . The only reason that didn't go down was because the judge started questioning the deal ;and then Hunter refused the deal when it was revealed that he was not immune from other charges

So then AG Garland decides to appoint the same prosecutor as special council . Cute . There is where the case would've died except for the fact that there were now IRS whistleblowers telling Congress that the Justice Dept stonewalled the Hunter investigations with the goal of getting past the statute of limitations .

Under the circumstances these charges are the least that can be brought up .They have no choice . Hunter did not pay his taxes .Hunter falsified returns on the year he actually paid them . When his taxes were paid ;a business associate paid them because the money owed the IRS was spent on drugs and prostitutes .

Look for this narrative going forward . Hunter is being politically persecuted by the Repubs .

I don't know the time line going forward except that I am certain that Quid being the Pres will before he leaves office or before Hunter goes to jail or pays any penalty ; pardon Hunter because he is the victim of a political witch hunt.

yeah they will adopt Trump's rhetoric verbatim .
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2023, 11:24 AM
    There is no winning hand for the Bidens. If they treat him with kid gloves, there will be an outraged voting public, or at least many of them will be. If they are honest in applying the law, HB will begin to sweat and who knows what will happen then. Having gone public and brought the charges, Weiss has put himself in something of a hole.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2023, 11:55 AM
    Weiss had no choice . Given what the whistleblowers revealed he would risk his career by not indicting .

The DOJ now has another reason for not handing over subpoenaed docs to the Repubs in the House impeachment inquiry (ongoing court proceedings )

Meanwhile clowns like Poppy Harlow at CNN are already saying that in a 56 pge indictment ;Quid was not mentioned once.......and yet the Repubs continue to use Hunter Biden's business as a pretext for impeachment .

CNN.com - Transcripts
    BTW
    good luck finding a jury willing to convict him in LA
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2023, 11:59 AM
    If the evidence makes his guilt obvious, then not convicting him carries more political danger than convicting him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2023, 04:45 AM
    The numbers seem off to me . The income was more than $20 million from foreign sources. Seems some of that was overlooked.

Also there are no charges about not being a registered foreign agent. Manafort (spent time in solitary confinement) and Gates went to jail for that. The charges don't address repayment of loans that did not exist in the Biden Crime Family laundering model.

As often times when Quid or his crime family is in hot water the DOJ goes into damage control. How many times have raids on political opponent's homes happened when Quid needed a distraction ?

These indictments would not have gone down at this time except for the fact that the Congressional Repubs want Hunter in a private sit down interview with their attorneys . Now; document along with testimony can be withheld because of an ongoing criminal proceeding . He can now plead the 5th for the same reason.

Convicted or not ;I still predict he won't spend a day in jail .....and will be pardoned by Quid before he leaves office. The precedent is the Nixon pardon. He was pardoned before any charges were even filed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2023, 05:06 AM
    Abbe Lowell, is Hunters lawyer . He is already spinning that had Hunter any other name but Biden ;that he would not have been charged . That will soon by the Dem narrative.

Interested to see if Newsom's California follows up with their own charges for violating a state income tax that is the highest in the land .(13.3%)
    Does a snow ball have a chance in hell ?
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2023, 06:37 AM
    He is already spinning that had Hunter any other name but Biden ;that he would not have been charged . That will soon by the Dem narrative.
    The level of audacious lying here is really stunning, but the Nazis demonstrated that if you're going to lie, you have to go all in to make it believable. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are lying. It's rather shocking that so many people are willing to believe it all.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2023, 05:27 AM
    Hunter Biden yesterday refused to testify in closed Congressional session . Instead he stood outside of the Senate (not the House where the Sergeant-at Arms has authority to arrest him ); and demanded to testify in public.

There is of course a clear difference between public testimony ;which is often a zoo review as lawmakers trip over themselves looking for camera time during their 5 minute "questioning" period; and a privately held session.

In private testimony Hunter would be quizzed by Congressional lawyers in what is essentially a deposition. There is no time limit placed or the manner of questions asked.

It is a good ploy if he can get away with it. (and I suspect he will ) James Comer threatened contempt charges and I hope he follows through.

Donald Trump Jr sat through 5 separate sessions with the Dem controlled Congress. Just imagine what would've happened if he defied them . The compliant press yesterday gave him the pass telling their sheeple that there is nothing there there.
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2023, 05:50 AM
    The hypocrisy of this whole thing is just stunning. What is fine for some people (liberal dems) is a gross breach of morality for others (conservatives).
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2023, 06:03 AM
    This is actually an interesting development for another reason. Quid's stratergy to date was Sergeant Schultz 'I know nuthink ' ;and to downplay and dismiss Hunter's business dealings .

Hunter getting on the soap box yesterday is a break from that plan.He linked it back to the impeachment inquiry.
    Comer said ,as the House was voting to continue their impeachment inquiry "Today's obstruction by Hunter Biden reinforces the need for a formal vote"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bummer [ 4 Answers ]

Im a forty nine year old man. I work in an assisted living facility in nc and chose to do so to change my career. One of the requirements for nursing was to get a Cna license. I have been here for a year. I have applied for employment at a nc veterans home. I was hired and went through five days of...

Waterheater bummer [ 2 Answers ]

Installed new water heater but no hot water comes out just lukewarm water what could be the problem .never had this problem before. Item 1 Item 2 [/LIST

View more questions Search