Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2023, 05:01 AM
    TDS on overdrive this campaign
    The compliant press recently have been playing the "dictator card " ;warning about a possible Trump 2nd term

Cheney: U.S. 'sleepwalking into dictatorship' if Trump wins (ny1.com)

Is Trump running for dictator? | TPR

Trump’s Recipe for a Shockingly Raw Power Grab - POLITICO

Neocon Robert Kagan of the Compost writes

"Will his presidency turn into a dictatorship? The odds are, again, pretty good."

Opinion | Would Trump be a dictator? And can he be stopped? - The Washington Post
    This in the wake of a Clueless Joe presidency who has used executive action more than any before him.

The Atlantic (subscription required ) took this trend to new levels . Their new issue released yesterday devotes the entire issue to a Trump dictatorship.

Trump and Trumpism pose an existential threat to America and to the ideas that animate it. With each writer focusing on their subject area of expertise, the issue argues that assuming a second term would mirror the first is a mistake: The threats to democracy will be greater, as will the danger of authoritarianism and corruption. A second Trump presidency, the opening essay states, would mark the turn onto a dark path, one of those rips between “before” and “after” that a society can never reverse.
    The Atlantic's Jan/Feb issue: Next Trump presidency - The Atlantic

David Frum (former speech writer for GW Bush) argues that "A second Trump term would instantly plunge the country into a constitutional crisis more terrible than anything seen since the Civil War.”

The Danger Ahead - The Atlantic

I will be interested to see who in tonight's Repub debate will challenge this narrative . Besides perhaps Vivek I do not think they will . Christie agrees with it . Nikki couches it in terms like 'chaos ' . DeSantis ? maybe.

I think it would be wise for any Repub candidate to take on the compliant press corruption . The 4th Estate has become the 5th Column ,They have become the propaganda tool of the deep state ;a role that should never be condoned in a free society
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 08:48 AM
    Strange how The Atlantic could title an article, "The Truth Won't Matter," but then include material that is not true.

The president’s gut would go on to inform him that climate change is partisan propaganda (Well, is it?); that COVID-19 might be cured through the injection of bleach (Except that Trump did not allege that was true); that any election that fails to produce a Trump victory must be rigged (He has never suggested that). Trump gut-trusted the nation into political crisis. (What political crisis are they referring to? Perhaps the one where the HC campaign falsely claimed a Russian election interference had taken place?)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 10:43 AM
    Trump wants power. He wants to be Putin the Second, even Hitler the Second.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 11:16 AM
    He was in office for four years. He did not become Putin or Hitler. Case closed, is it not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 12:11 PM
    Nope. He was on his way. (Remember, he didn't want to give up the office to someone else.) Plus now he's determined to RULE, had interacted with powerful world leaders and dictators while he was president. He wants to be president again and actually make it happen, become a powerful dictator!
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 12:23 PM
    Nope. He was on his way. (Remember, he didn't want to give up the office to someone else.)
    So that's it? He didn't WANT to give up the office, but he did and did so peacefully. So while he didn't authorize the feds breaking into his opponent's house and seizing documents, or used the power of the federal government to spread a wild rumor about supposed Russian interference in the election, or have his spouse meet with the sitting attorney general to make sure charges would not be brought against him, or met with "powerful world leaders and dictators" (which all presidents have done), you still know he was "on his way" because he did something, but he didn't WANT to do it?

Well...OK. Perhaps Webster should use your response as an example of TDS?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 01:07 PM
    PEACEFULLY??? All we've heard from him is yowling about how he was cheated when he was deprived of continuing as president. Woe to us if he is elected again.

TDS!!! Ha! You worship him more devotedly than you do your Creator.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 01:28 PM
    All we've heard from him is yowling about how he was cheated when he was deprived of continuing as president. Woe to us if he is elected again.
    About the only yowling I'm hearing is from you. You get mad when your posts are questioned.
    TDS!!! Ha! You worship him more devotedly than you do your Creator.
    That comment comes from the one who claims to believe in civility here. At any rate, I've stated many times that I despise his big mouth and his lack of preparation for debates. I would much prefer DeSantis, Haley, Carson, or any one of several others, but I'm not going to start lying about his record.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 02:40 PM
    He's a joke!!! He can't even speak understandably, coherently.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 02:56 PM
    He's a joke!!! He can't even speak understandably, coherently.
    Wait, now. We're not talking about Biden. This thread is about Trump. I'll grant you, it's an easy mistake to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wlQZ5N_2k
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 03:03 PM
    And Trump is fat, ugly, has a greasy orange face and neck. Don't even ask me about his hair.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 07:20 PM
    I never cease to be amazed at the vitriolic hatred tossed towards Trump by liberal dems who supposedly believe in civility, tolerance and inclusion. It's not enough merely to disagree with his policies. It has to become personal and include, "fat, ugly...greasy orange face and neck...hair...can't even speak understandably, coherently." And of course he is trying to become a Putin or a Hitler. It really borders on hysteria.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 07:34 PM
    I've been a registered Republican for 60 years. I see the candidates (ALL of them), listen to them, and vote for the ones I agree with and who have a good chance to make improvements.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 08:14 PM
    A liberal dem wolf in republican sheep's clothing. You seem to love tossing hateful comments towards Trump. I would suggest you adopt a more civil approach and simply discuss the man's policies.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 09:00 PM
    Trump has no policies except to become the first U.S. king.

You watch that debate tonight? *giggle*
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2023, 09:13 PM
    Just more unhinged vitriol coming from someone who claims to be in favor of civility. I guess the truth comes out after all.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2023, 09:54 PM
    He said so himself!!!!
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2023, 05:08 AM
    He said he wants to be king? Yeah. Right.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2023, 05:15 AM
    He made a joke on Hannity that the TDS crowd took seriously.

https://www.marketwatch.com/video/tr...250334512.html

Every grown man hyperventilating about this clip needs to find a sense of humor" Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biden campaign releases it's official campaign anthem [ 0 Answers ]

Rise and shine, sleepy Joe Now's the time, don't you know To get into a new kind of dream You've been living alone With no Bell telephone And you don't have a shirt that is clean You can rest your head on the corner of your bed You can watch the world go by But you never gonna see What the...

Did Evita's campaign illegally launder $84 million in campaign funds ? [ 14 Answers ]

That is what a filing in the DC circuit court claims . http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/feccomplaint.pdf Here is how the scheme worked . They would use State Dem chapters to circumvent campaign donation limits and launder the money back to the national campaign. The...

Going up a hill kicked in to overdrive (very hard) finally got it out of overdrive, [ 4 Answers ]

Going up a hill kicked in to overdrive (very hard) finally got it out of overdrive, and it lost lots of power, got the truck home and killed it and then it didn't want to start, ground for a long time then finally started... like it's getting no fuel... changed the fuel filter din't help... what...

The Republican campaign [ 55 Answers ]

Conservatives and Republicans Does the endorsement of Mitt Romney by National Review (long time publication founded by William Buckley ) mean anything to you ? Will it have any influence on who you support ?

Campaign money [ 1 Answers ]

When an candidate decides to no longer run for office either drops out or isn't running for the next term, does he/she get to keep the money raised on their behalf? If not, what happens to it? Thank you.

View more questions Search