Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 06:18 AM
    Being a Sancutary City...not a good idea?
    Mayor Adams, who once was rather proud of the influx of illegals into NYC, has now announced budget cuts to education, police, sanitation, and (gasp!!) LIBRARIES. And what prompted this? Having to pay through the nose to house illegals in hotels by the thousands. Congratulations, Mayor Adams. Why we keep electing loons like him is just a mystery.

Mayor Eric Adams announced painful budget cuts to New York City services on Thursday that would freeze police hiring and close libraries on Sunday and warned that more cuts would be necessary without additional federal funding to manage the migrant crisis.
    The budget cuts would bring the number of Police Department officers below 30,000 for the first time since the 1980s, slash the Education Department budget by $1 billion over two years and delay the rollout of composting in the Bronx and Staten Island — one of the mayor’s signature initiatives to address rats and climate change. The cuts would also weaken two popular programs: summer school and universal prekindergarten.
    And, of course, as a typical pol, he is unable to accept any responsibility for the mess or manage it in an adult fashion. “No city should be left to handle a national humanitarian crisis largely on its own, and without the significant and timely support we need from Washington, D.C., today’s budget will be only the beginning,” he said. Yeah, it's always someone else's fault.

The cuts to the pre-K program must be particularly painful since it constrains the city's ability to indoctrinate young children on the wonders of being gay and TG.

Library leaders announced that the budget cuts would force them to close branches on Sunday starting in December.
    “Without sufficient funding, we cannot sustain our current levels of service, and any further cuts to the libraries’ budgets will, unfortunately, result in deeper service impacts,” the leaders of the Brooklyn, Queens and New York Public Library said in a statement.
    Mayor Eric Adams Says N.Y.C. Will Slash Budgets For Police, Libraries and Schools - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

This is, as I said above, the same mayor who once welcomed illegals into the city. "Last August, Adams went to Port Authority to welcome a bus full of asylum seekers sent from Texas by Republican governor Gregg Abbot, who argued progressive cities should also bare the costs of the influx of asylum seekers crossing the southern border." That was, of course, before he began to see that his show of love and affection with the money of other folks was going to cost him politically.

NYC Mayor Eric Adams WELCOMED migrants to the Big Apple and was 'proud to be a shelter state' as they arrived on buses in 2022 ... before begging Biden for aid and saying the crisis will destroy the city (msn.com)

COMPLETE THE WALL!! It will then be relatively easy to deal with the 2% who manage to get across or under rather than the 100% who are presently pouring across completely unhindered.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 08:27 AM
    There was no plan once the migrants arrived in this country -- no plan for housing, employment, education, daily food sustenance, medical care, etc. And no limit on the number and legitimacy of migrants entering this country.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 09:59 AM
    Good observation. However, I’m not sure we should have a plan for housing, food, clothing and so forth. That’s their job. But we should certainly exercise control over who comes in and how long they stay. The only way I know to have reasonable control over that is a substantial wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 10:27 AM
    Churches and village social groups/organizations and schools can help (at least answer questions) with finding suitable housing, food shopping, English learning, tutoring. We did that for Vietnamese refugees after the Tet Offensive.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 04:51 PM
    I agree with that, but bear in mind that there were about 100,000 Vietnamese LEGAL refugees. These illegals are flowing across our wide-open southern border at a rate of two hundred thousand every month.

Hope you and the hubster are having a great Thanksgiving and that the two of you are doing better these days.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 05:05 PM
    I agree with that. Many more government checkpoints should have been strung along the southern border. Temporary housing, small restaurants, and social services should have been set up. Maybe drones flying overhead too?

Part of our problem was Covid that stalled everything. Another problem was the huge numbers of migrants.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 06:24 PM
    Checkpoints don’t work against this avalanche. Only a wall will do it. Slow the tidal wave down to a trickle.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Checkpoints don’t work against this avalanche. Only a wall will do it. Slow the tidal wave down to a trickle.
    How and when did this avalanche begin?
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 07:02 PM
    What difference does it make?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What difference does it make?
    For the book I'm writing.

E.g., Venezuela is in the midst of an unprecedented social and humanitarian collapse—the result of bad economic policies and political conflict—that has led to food insecurity, the second largest migration crisis in the world, and regional instability.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 07:57 PM
    When the patient is bleeding profusely, you don’t waste time wondering what caused the injury. You concentrate on stopping the bleeding. Only a wall will stop this bleeding.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 08:34 PM
    In other words, lock the hospital door before he can come in.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 08:53 PM
    An answer which illustrates that you sure don't seem at all to want the border controlled. You seem perfectly willing to have a wide open border with uncontrolled fentanyl and human trafficking, and with the resulting chaos in our major cities such as NYC. It's why so many people oppose the wall. It's not because they think walls don't work, but rather because they know walls DO work, and they don't want that. It sure looks an awful lot like the usual deal of wanting to appear noble by spending someone else's money.

We are not a hospital. We are a sovereign nation which, thanks to liberal dem leadership, cannot find the will to control its own border.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 23, 2023, 09:10 PM
    The border doesn't need a scalable wall. Then let's put towers along the top of the wall so marksmen can control things.
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2023, 10:07 PM
    And again.

"A (sadly non-serious) answer which illustrates that you sure don't seem at all to want the border controlled. You seem perfectly willing to have a wide-open border with uncontrolled fentanyl and human trafficking, and with the resulting chaos in our major cities such as NYC. It's why so many people oppose the wall. It's not because they think walls don't work, but rather because they know walls DO work, and they don't want that. It sure looks an awful lot like the usual deal of wanting to appear noble by spending someone else's money."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 10:56 AM
    Then elect someone in 2024 who will build the wall. (A wall can be scaled, burrowed under, gotten around at each end, and flown over.)
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 11:17 AM
    Yes, walls can be defeated, as can bank vaults, locked doors, internet passwords, guard dogs, and any one of a number of other security techniques that we have the very good sense not to abandon simply because they don't work 100% of the time. Sensible people realize that a device that is 98% or 99% effective is far, far better than an open invitation to law-breakers to just come on in, which is what you favor. All of this has been explained to you repeatedly, so I don't understand what your issue is. Why do you favor the illegal importation of fentanyl and human beings destined for the sex market as well as the ever-growing disruption of major cities from the flood of illegals? What is it about that which you find appealing?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 11:23 AM
    A wall will be a fun challenge that will attract even moreso "the illegal importation of fentanyl and human beings destined for the sex market". "Illegals" will give up; the wall will stop them, the "good guys" whom we DO want in our country.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 11:28 AM
    A wall will be a fun challenge that will attract even mor
    Can you point to any time in history when that happened? Did the Berlin Wall attract more crossers? How about the fence around the White House or the walls around prisons? We have door locks. I haven't noticed people flocking over here seeking a "fun challenge". The banks in our city don't seem to have those thrill seekers coming by in the dozens because they just want to have some fun breaking into the vaults.

I never cease to be amazed at the lengths you will go to simply to avoid admitting that your argument is weak.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 11:33 AM
    You don't read much, do you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

City say I did damage in car crash, and I have no idea what they are talking about [ 1 Answers ]

I got call from a collection agent to day saying there client is I owe them $450 ,for damage to city property/ and I have no idea what they are talking and won't show me how the can say this ,do I counter sue city and the collection agent ,so they have to bring evidence to court and should not my...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search