Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's over WG. Only one of us wants to see the illegal traffic on the southern border stopped and that's me. You seem to be just fine with it. You will never, ever be critical of a liberal dem pres no matter what is allowed into this country.
    I said long ago in this thread that nothing was done to prepare for that onslaught of illegal immigrants. And yes, effective measures could have been taken -- and were even talked about by government officials -- but, like too many other times, nothing was done.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 05:43 PM
    So you’re saying that lack of preparedness was Biden’s responsibility?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 05:46 PM
    So you’re saying that lack of preparedness was Biden’s responsibility?
    Trump's too.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 06:03 PM
    And what has Biden done to correct that mistake? For that matter, what do you suggest?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 06:50 PM
    And what has Biden done to correct that mistake? For that matter, what do you suggest?
    Trump didn't correct his own mistakes regarding the wall and how to achieve legal immigration. Trump could have been the inspiration and set the pace for Biden and administrations that followed.

What I suggest is in Post #6.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 07:10 PM
    Checkpoints and drones are already being used and restaurants and temp housing will only serve to attract more illegals. What do you suggest that would actually work against this flood of illegals? And why did you leave Biden out of your criticism?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 08:36 PM
    Checkpoints and drones are already being used and restaurants and temp housing will only serve to attract more illegals. What do you suggest that would actually work against this flood of illegals? And why did you leave Biden out of your criticism?
    I did not leave Biden out!!! Please read my Post #43.

What would work would be giving financial aid and hands-on help to struggling countries so their citizens will want live out their lives in those countries.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 06:11 AM
    In post 45 you predictably reserved all of your criticism for Trump. It's your pattern. And your scathing criticism of Biden in post 43 was, "Trump's too." Gosh. I hope you didn't blow a gasket!!

Where will the money come from to help these struggling nations? We are presently 33 trillion in debt and still running enormous deficits, and yet you propose more new spending?

Complete the wall. There is no other solution. It will eliminate the vast majority of illegal immigration and prevent most of the fentanyl importation and human trafficking, both of which are tragedies we must address and which restaurants and temp housing will do nothing to stop.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 08:14 AM
    In post 45 you predictably reserved all of your criticism for Trump.

Nope. I answered "Trump's too." Note the operant adverb, TOO. That includes Biden, who is mentioned in your post.

Where will the money come from to help these struggling nations? We are presently 33 trillion in debt and still running enormous deficits, and yet you propose more new spending?
    We wouldn't be in such huge debt had we done it right from the get-go. We might even be making money!

Forget the wall. It's too late.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 08:46 AM
    Nope. I answered "Trump's too." Note the operant adverb, TOO. That includes Biden, who is mentioned in your post.
    Yeah, that was really a powerful rebuke. You managed to be critical of Biden without even mentioning his name. I hope it didn't exhaust you.

We wouldn't be in such huge debt had we done it right from the get-go. We might even be making money!
    Being stupid in the past is no excuse for continuing to be stupid in the present.

Forget the wall. It's too late.
    It's the only answer, especially in comparison to little restaurants and temp housing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 09:42 AM
    Yeah, that was really a powerful rebuke. You managed to be critical of Biden without even mentioning his name. I hope it didn't exhaust you.
    I'm so sorry you weren't able to understand "Trump's too" as including Biden.

Being stupid in the past is no excuse for continuing to be stupid in the present.
    The entire situation would now be different had we been smarter in the beginning.

It's the only answer, especially in comparison to little restaurants and temp housing.
    Nope, you don't understand the logic at all.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 11:49 AM
    There was no logic to understand. Building restaurants will do nothing to stop illegal immigration.

Your scathing, merciless criticism of Biden has been noted. [SARC]
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 12:10 PM
    There was no logic to understand. Building restaurants will do nothing to stop illegal immigration.
    I said, "Many more government checkpoints should have been strung along the southern border. Temporary housing, small restaurants, and social services should have been set up. Maybe drones flying overhead too?"

Your scathing, merciless criticism of Biden has been noted. [SARC]
    Biden is too old to be reelected and run the country. Same with Trump. Neither of them has any worthwhile ideas. Nor can either one express himself coherently.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 12:36 PM
    I said, "Many more government checkpoints should have been strung along the southern border. Temporary housing, small restaurants, and social services should have been set up. Maybe drones flying overhead too?"
    We already have many checkpoints and already use drones. Housing and "small restaurants" are useless against illegal immigration, so I don't think there is any logic to be found there.

As to your second post, it's fascinating that you can't bring yourself to say anything critical of Biden without having to also mention Trump. Still, your assessment of Biden was entirely correct.

Trump's idea of a wall needs to be instituted immediately.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 01:35 PM
    Trump's idea of a wall needs to be instituted immediately.
    All of Trump's ideas need to be deep-sixed.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 02:59 PM
    Trump's big mouth should be deep-sixed. His ideas, like the wall, were frequently quite good. Some of them resulted in the lowest minority and female unemployment numbers in history and got rid of the poorly decided Roe vs. Wade abortion decision.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 03:21 PM
    The wall wasn't Trump's idea. Sections had already been built long before he showed up on the scene. And why didn't he finish it?

And that wall would have gone through protected wetlands, private property, and state/federal parks. It never would have been finished.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 05:04 PM
    The wall wasn't Trump's idea. Sections had already been built long before he showed up on the scene. And why didn't he finish it?
    A relatively small section had been built, but the idea of building a substantial wall across our southern border was definitely Trump's idea. He should certainly have finished it.

And that wall would have gone through protected wetlands, private property, and state/federal parks. It never would have been finished.
    80% finished would be much better than what we have now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2023, 06:53 PM
    80% finished would be much better than what we have now.
    Nope. The 20% would have been open doors. It would become common knowledge and where immigrants would travel to.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2023, 08:01 PM
    Most people can figure out that protecting a 200 mile border is far easier than protecting a 1,000 mile border. And that's even assuming that there are parts of the border which cannot be walled. I doubt that is true.

It would become common knowledge and where immigrants would travel to.
    You mean kind of like the ENTIRE BORDER is now???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

City say I did damage in car crash, and I have no idea what they are talking about [ 1 Answers ]

I got call from a collection agent to day saying there client is I owe them $450 ,for damage to city property/ and I have no idea what they are talking and won't show me how the can say this ,do I counter sue city and the collection agent ,so they have to bring evidence to court and should not my...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search