Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 11:35 AM
    Oh, I forgot!! There is a prison I drive by twice a week. It has a twelve foot or so chain link fence around it which is topped with razor wire. There is a club in our area filled with fence climbing enthusiasts who regularly go to the prison to have a "fun challenge" of climbing the fence. They have such a wonderful time!! [big time SARC]

In all of my reading, I've yet to read about that security wall that attracted so many people seeking a "fun challenge". Perhaps you can point us all to that story.

Surely you have to realize how foolish that contention sounds.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 11:39 AM
    I sure hope you have a library card. You'll need one.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 11:41 AM
    An answer showing that you have nothing to support your argument. Give it up.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 11:55 AM
    How you cherry-pick. I can hear Athos' chuckles.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 01:21 PM
    You were asked to support your ridiculous (my view) contention that many people would view a southern wall as a "fun challenge", and plainly you cannot, so you persist with cherry picking, library cards, and other silliness. It would bother me if I behaved that way, but you seem to like it. It is what it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2023, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You were asked to support your ridiculous (my view) contention that many people would view a southern wall as a "fun challenge", and plainly you cannot
    It's already been done, multiple times!!!

Here's one story (out of many) about it:
    https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west...rn-border-wall
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2023, 07:21 PM
    This was your contention. "A wall will be a fun challenge that will attract even more so."

I asked, "Can you point to any time in history when that happened?"

Now maybe you can point to any place in this story (which you linked) where the reporter actually saw the wall attracting even more illegal immigration than was happening before, since that was your puzzling suggestion. Can you quote the documentation for that from the link?

You can't, since it wasn't there, so it would certainly appear that you are still sitting on zero. The "reporter", in fact, never claims to have personally seen a single person cross the wall. He only supposedly found evidence that some people had breached the wall. Please start reading your own links.

It's already been stated here, multiple times and quite sufficient for any person with any real interest in the truth, that walls don't completely stop the flood, but slow it down enormously. The same is true, as has also been stated many times, for practically ALL security measures.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 08:18 AM
    I wasn't talking about illegals, but about ANYONE. Sections would eventually be knocked down so the migrating hordes can travel north.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 08:30 AM
    I wasn't talking about illegals, but about ANYONE.
    Uhm...when people sneak over a wall to enter the U.S., they are by definition illegals.

Sections would eventually be knocked down so the migrating hordes can travel north.
    And that has happened when? You couldn't answer my first question so maybe you can answer that one.

An unhappy truth remains. You seem to want to continue this tidal wave of illegal immigration along with the influx of illegal drugs and the human sex trade that accompany it. That's pretty sad.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 09:04 AM
    Uhm...when people sneak over a wall to enter the U.S., they are by definition illegals.
    And others who want to prove a point.
    And that has happened when? You couldn't answer my first question so maybe you can answer that one.
    Whenever a wall needs to be challenged.
    An unhappy truth remains. You seem to want to continue this tidal wave of illegal immigration along with the influx of illegal drugs and the human sex trade that accompany it. That's pretty sad.
    Sad that you don't read carefully.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 09:50 AM
    You want to have it both ways. You want to appear to be against illegal immigration with the drugs, urban problems, and sex trafficking that go with it, and yet not be prepared to do anything at all about it because you want to let the millions of illegals into the "hospital" since it doesn't disrupt your life. Well, you can't have one without the other.

You see, I read your responses very carefully. The truth is evident.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 10:03 AM
    And others who want to prove a point.
    And what point is it you think they're trying to prove? We will not respect nor abide by your laws?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 11:14 AM
    And what point is it you think they're trying to prove? We will not respect nor abide by your laws?
    I/We can get past this wall. It won't stop me/us.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 11:28 AM
    I/We can get past this wall. It won't stop me/us.
    We would need to then teach them a new point. We will enforce our borders.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 12:49 PM
    We would need to then teach them a new point. We will enforce our borders.
    You can't. Too many miles to guard.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 12:57 PM
    Yep. It’s why you need a wall. I’m not content to live with fentanyl, urban disruption, and human trafficking like you seem to be.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 02:31 PM
    Yep. It’s why you need a wall. I’m not content to live with fentanyl, urban disruption, and human trafficking like you seem to be.
    You already do, even before any illegals scale the wall. U.S. homeboys are hard at work, spreading the joy.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 04:12 PM
    I always know when I’ve got you. It’s when you are reduced to making silly posts like that one. It amounts to, “Oh yeah? Well you too, buddy.” Just hilarious!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2023, 05:03 PM
    I always know when I’ve got you. It’s when you are reduced to making silly posts like that one. It amounts to, “Oh yeah? Well you too, buddy.” Just hilarious!!
    You don't know about the drug dealers on the streets of East Vancouver and Chicago and NYC and other cities and towns? Several of my Facebook friends are hooked and tell me in some detail how they shoplift in order to buy those drugs.
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2023, 05:08 PM
    It's over WG. Only one of us wants to see the illegal traffic on the southern border stopped and that's me. You seem to be just fine with it. You will never, ever be critical of a liberal dem pres no matter what is allowed into this country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

City say I did damage in car crash, and I have no idea what they are talking about [ 1 Answers ]

I got call from a collection agent to day saying there client is I owe them $450 ,for damage to city property/ and I have no idea what they are talking and won't show me how the can say this ,do I counter sue city and the collection agent ,so they have to bring evidence to court and should not my...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search