Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 08:56 AM
    Target stores have a new view of Satan?
    Target received some serious pushback for their over the top celebration of Pride Month, so much so that they ended up pulling down much of their displays. Their pres, Brian Cornell, explained that it was due to some crazy right wingers. He also explained that the suggestions that Target had involved a satanic group in the designs of some of their materials was supposedly not correct. Here is the enlightening explanation.

Target previously worked with the U.K.-based brand Abprallen for Pride Month. The brand has displayed merchandise with messages such as "Satan respects pronouns," and the designer, Erik Carnell, has espoused Satanic beliefs.

"Satanists don’t actually believe in Satan, he is merely used as a symbol of passion, pride, and liberty. He means to you what you need him to mean. So for me, Satan is hope, compassion, equality, and love. So, naturally, Satan respects pronouns. He loves all LGBT+ people. I went with a variation of Baphomet for this design, a deity who themself is a mixture of genders, beings, ideas, and existences. They reject binary stereotypes and expectations. Perfect," Carnell wrote on Instagram.
    It's certainly good to know that Satan actually LOVES people. Thank goodness Mr. Cornell helped us see this essential truth. [SARC]

https://www.foxnews.com/media/target...-not-safe-work

I would agree with this quote about pronouns. "So for me, Satan is hope, compassion, equality, and love. So, naturally, Satan respects pronouns." Yes, Satan is behind this entire move towards the denial of the obvious which is that there are TWO genders and two only.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    there are TWO genders and two only.
    Nope, sorry. Not true. Please do honest and all-encompassing research and reading. A degreed librarian will be able to help.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 10:50 AM
    Thus sayeth WG. As seems to be your custom, you claim great things, but can provide evidence for but little.

Still waiting to see where God made the great announcement you referred to earlier. Can the "degreed librarian" you referred to find that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 11:21 AM
    Thus sayeth WG. As seems to be your custom, you claim great things, but can provide evidence for but little.

Still waiting to see where God made the great announcement you referred to earlier. Can the "degreed librarian" you referred to find that?
    If I post evidence no matter how good, you spit on it and twist it. So, canny researcher, it's out there. Use your brain and google without twisting and shouting.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 11:39 AM
    Excuses, excuses. Bottom line is, you have nothing but your own thoughts. This is your pattern. You make a wild claim (announcement, for instance), but when pressed for something to support it, you retreat in a hurry and then suggest it's the other guy's fault that you don't know what you're talking about and can't find any support at all. Sorry, but that won't work here. I just don't accept liberal propaganda.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 11:49 AM
    Excuses, excuses. Bottom line is, you have nothing but your own thoughts.
    Nope. I'm friends with at least six transgender people who have told me their stories, including the scientific and medical aspects. I have their stories, in their own words, in my Word files, but am sure ol' skeptical you wouldn't believe them either.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 11:52 AM
    Since you evidently don't have the ability to do your own research, I did some for you. If you need some help, then let me know. Rather clearly, even a "degreed librarian" can have no idea of how to do internet research. Claiming to have spoken with TG individuals is far removed from honest research. You don't know that?

https://www.heritage.org/gender/comm...ow-the-science

These methods overlook the fact that 88% to 98% of those struggling with gender dysphoria will accept their biological sex after going through puberty, according to the fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Association’s “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.”

“Intersex conditions” or disorders in sexual development are statistical rarities occurring in approximately 1 out of every 5,000 births, according to Ryan Anderson’s research.
    https://www.str.org/w/humans-come-in-only-two-sexes

Males have one X and one Y chromosome (XY), while females have two X chromosomes (XX). The Y chromosome contains a “male-determining” gene called an SRY gene. It signals to the developing human embryo to create a penis and testicles. Without an SRY gene, the embryo develops a vagina and ovaries. This has been understood since its discovery by biologist Nettie Stevens in 1905.
    Nope. I'm friends with at least six transgender people who have told me their stories, including the scientific and medical aspects. I have their stories, in their own words, in my Word files, but am sure ol' skeptical you wouldn't believe them either.
    As you have been told many times, anecdotal accounts mean very little in research, and especially the ones who are hopelessly biased. You really don't understand how this works, I think.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 12:09 PM
    In today's newspaper, advice columnist, Amy Dickinson:

Nonbinary adult gets misgendered at work
    Dear Amy: I’m a young professional in my second year at an office job that I love. I’m also nonbinary — neither a man nor a woman — and my pronouns are the gender-neutral “they/them.”

My workplace is very accepting, and my pronouns are displayed on our agency’s website and on a nameplate at my desk.

Most of my co-workers are mindful of how they refer to me and correct themselves when they make mistakes. However, there are a few people in our small office who have trouble getting it right.

I have to make choices every day between the discomfort of getting misgendered and the vulnerability of correcting others, and I accept this as part of my life as an openly nonbinary individual. But at a certain point, when someone I know well and see every day doesn’t even notice when they’ve gendered me incorrectly, it can be hurtful.

I try to continue correcting people, but it gets more difficult as it becomes clear they aren’t making the effort to avoid putting me in that position. What should I do?
    — Tired of Trying

Dear Tired: When I use “they/them” pronouns in this space (referring to a nonbinary person, or to a person whose gender is not made clear), some readers push back with, “But ‘they/them’ is plural! An individual is singular!”

At this point (over five years after this usage became standard), this plural pushback is sounding less like a rationale and more like a refusal.

With the holdouts who are not making any effort at all to refer to you correctly, you may attempt to redirect them by asking, “Can you tell me why you don’t use ‘they/them’ to refer to me?”

Regardless of how they answer, you should go to HR with your concern. Anyone who misgenders you is disrespecting you and violating your company’s values and policy.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 12:26 PM
    I looked in vain to find any evidence at all that there are more than two genders in this opinion piece from an "advice columnist". Would you be so kind as to show me where the evidence is that you are trying to put forward? Perhaps I just overlooked it. Please be specific.

“Can you tell me why you don’t use ‘they/them’ to refer to me?”
    My answer would be it's for the same reason I don't refer to him/her as a cat, dog, senior, baby, adolescent, black or native American (assuming he/she is white), group of people, herd of antelope, or any one of many other awkward and ridiculous categorizations. I am not going to change the English language to accommodate people with a mental disorder.

Have you ever decided where this "announcement" is located that you referred to several days ago?

I’m also nonbinary — neither a man nor a woman
    Someone needs to tell this poor soul that they are deluded and are believing something that is demonstrably untrue.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 12:29 PM
    And there are several LGBTQ+ in your extended family.

How about reaching out to a person in the LGBTQ+ community or even to a doctor who has patients in that community and thus go to the horse's mouth, as they say.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 12:34 PM
    And again, "Would you be so kind as to show me where the evidence is that you are trying to put forward? Perhaps I just overlooked it. Please be specific."

And for the tenth or so time. "Have you ever decided where this "announcement" is located that you referred to several days ago?"

I have a relative who considers himself to be gay. I also have a relative who has seriously considered suicide. Finding that out and speaking to him at length certainly did not lead me to conclude that suicide is normal and should be celebrated.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 02:05 PM
    I have a relative who considers himself to be gay. I also have a relative who has seriously considered suicide. Finding that out and speaking to him at length certainly did not lead me to conclude that suicide is normal and should be celebrated.
    "Considers himself to be gay"??? Good grief! You can't even be honest with and about your own relatives.

You do understand about his suicide ideation, don't you?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 02:43 PM
    And still no answers. Makes things kind of difficult.

And again, "Would you be so kind as to show me where the evidence is that you are trying to put forward? Perhaps I just overlooked it. Please be specific."

And for the tenth or so time. "Have you ever decided where this "announcement" is located that you referred to several days ago?"
    "Considers himself to be gay"??? Good grief! You can't even be honest with and about your own relatives.
    Many a person has considered him/herself to be gay only to change course and live life quite differently. I know some of these people.

You do understand about his suicide ideation, don't you?
    Comparisons, dear WG. Comparisons.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 03:35 PM
    I'm sure you scare LGBTQ+ friends and family members into silence.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 03:43 PM

And for the tenth (fifteenth??) or so time. "Have you ever decided where this "announcement" is located that you referred to several days ago?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 04:01 PM
    You'd just twist them. No thanks.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 05:11 PM
    Running fer them hills!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2023, 05:44 PM
    Running fer them hills!!
    Nope. I'm in a wheelchair, can't run.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2023, 06:13 PM
    You get the point.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2023, 05:24 AM
    The city I live in does not have a Target store in it. I wish it did so I could stop going to it.
    It was also previously revealed that Target partnered with GLSEN, a K-12 education group that focuses on getting districts to adopt policies that will keep parents in the dark about their child's in-school gender transition, providing sexually explicit books to schools for free and integrating gender ideology at all levels of curricula in public schools. GLSEN, which had signage inside Target stores’ Pride displays, has received at least $2.1 million in donations from Target.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refer to Target Corporation's financial statements (http://investors.target.com/phoen [ 1 Answers ]

(millions, except per share data) 2008 2007 2006 Sales $ 62,884 $ 61,471 $ 57,878 Credit card revenues 2,064 1,896 1,612

Satan and his best friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I was hanging out on the sidewalk of a semi-crowded city street with four friends, just outside of Bearnos. Sitting at a table within the outdoors eatery was a HUGE (I'm talking tall for a Great Dane) slender black dog with a very sleek, shiny coat. It had red eyes with no irises or pupils- just...

Contact Name and Address of Target Stores [ 4 Answers ]

Does Anyone know who is the President of and the address of the Target Stores in the Carolinas?

Satan [ 6 Answers ]

When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?

View more questions Search