Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2023, 02:26 PM
    A better way, a more positive list to post in publc buildings
    Not, DON'T DO THIS! Instead, DO THIS!

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2023, 02:41 PM
    I'm not sure who these "most vocal Christians" are, but I think the Beatitudes are mentioned frequently by Evangelicals. The 10 Commandments have been in conversation for years because of Supreme Court decisions.

How about, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness," in the White House?

I will enthusiastically vote for displaying both in as many public buildings as possible.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2023, 04:13 AM
    Simply stated ,the Ten Commandments are the very foundations of western law. The beatitudes are a statement of obtaining grace.

How could they possibly be made into law ? But of course the progressives of the world would like to force people to be merciful or would expropriate the wealth of others to achieve a goal of creating a merciful nation .They would create a "good " tyranny .

I have quoted this before . But it bears repeating

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

( C. S. Lewis)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2023, 04:53 AM
    They would create a "good " tyranny .
    There are two kinds of people. One wants to take care of himself and thus wants a government that will create an environment of freedom whereby he, and everyone else, can do that. The other person wants someone else to take care of him. That is the person who will end up living under that "good tyranny".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search