Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2023, 04:28 AM
    Trivial pursuits
    The bikeshedding theory says that we spend too much time discussing trivial issues and not enough on the important ones.

Urban Dictionary: bikeshedding

That is true in this country where a lot of time is wasted on things like the transformer issue while the nation is crashing and burning in so many other ways

In Israel they let their security guard down in a year long navel gaze about judicial reform legislation .
    That was all the news from Israel through September
    Israel judicial reform explained: What is the crisis about? - BBC News

The Hamas terror attack was their wake up call.

They suspended talk of the proposed legislation Wednesday and formed a war time unity government.

Israel's parliament approves national unity government | Reuters

Before the attack, Bibi's plans to overhaul the country’s judiciary had sparked the largest protest movement in Israel’s history and divided Israelis. Some Israeli security officials had warned that Israel’s enemies might seek to take advantage of the turmoil. They were right

Political rivals Bibi and Benny Gantz agreed the new cabinet would only deal with legislation and government decisions related to the conflict for as lon crig as it continues.
    Anti-government protests scheduled for yesterday were cancelled .

What crisis will it take for the US to end it's trivial pursuits ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2023, 08:40 AM
    Time wasted on the transformer issue? Then stop objecting! It's simply repairing what Mother Nature screwed up.

What's missing in this world is empathy.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2023, 09:07 AM
    simply repairing what Mother Nature screwed up.
    What arrogance that humans think they can fix what God has done !
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2023, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What arrogance that humans think they can fix what God has done !
    God loves. He isn't cruel. God doesn't harm His creation! He gave the universe free will, hopefully to do good, but evil is also a choice. Babies are born with missing or messed up internal and external body parts, physical/mental/develpmental disabilities and so on.

God has given humans the knowledge and ability.to fix many of those problems.
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2023, 12:44 PM
    mutilation is evil

Deut 23:1
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2023, 02:08 PM
    The OT has been superceded by the NT. (If you put your faith in the OT, hope you haven't had your tonsils or gall bladder or any polyps or tumors removed.)
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2023, 02:57 PM
    I don't recall anywhere in the NT where it says it's ok to mutilate your body.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2023, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I don't recall anywhere in the NT where it says it's ok to mutilate your body.

mutilation is evil

Deut 23:1
    Were you circumcised? (Gen. 17:11)

Trans surgery is making right what was created wrong.

(Smashing an enemy's infant against a rock is "biblical" too. I'm much more interested in the love and care that Jesus gave people, even His enemies, and told us to be that way too.)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2023, 07:30 PM
    Trans surgery is making right what was created wrong.
    We only have your word for that. You have never been able to present any med science to back that claim up.

Are you really interested in EVERYTHING that Jesus said?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2023, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    We only have your word for that. You have never been able to present any med science to back that claim up.
    Would you believe a person who spent five years in transition?

Are you really interested in EVERYTHING that Jesus said?
    Do you know He mentioned to "love one another"?
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2023, 03:46 AM
    Time wasted on the transformer issue?
    Absolutely..... this obsession for the benefit of maybe 1% of the population ;most of whom are joining a fad , is trivial compared to the challenges this nation faces . The left seized on this fake gender theory because it helps them divide the country by attacking traditional taboos .

It is extremely harmful because it destroys reasons for sexual boundaries to exist . How can women be protected if there is not even an agreed definition of what a woman is ? The sickness tramples on all things male /female from sports ,to bathrooms ,to shelters to child adoption ,to education ,to parental right ,to health care ,to free speech , to science and medical ethics itself .

The Hippocratic Oath says 'first do no harm' . The transformer movement rolls back women's rights ; and rolls back protections for innocent children .The education system is confusing the children and in essence CAUSING the gender identity problems. Then adult and children alike are subject to the sick medical experiments that would make Josef Mengele proud . Mutilation on the false hope of clearing the gender confusion they plant into people minds .
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2023, 04:57 AM
    Would you believe a person who spent five years in transition?
    Anecdotal accounts do not even come close to being med science.

I asked, "Are you really interested in EVERYTHING Jesus said?" Rather than answer the question, you avoided it with, "Do you know He mentioned to "love one another"?" Well, Jesus did not merely mention it, He commanded us to love one another. But why are you afraid to answer my simple question?

Absolutely..... this obsession for the benefit of maybe 1% of the population ;most of whom are joining a fad , is trivial compared to the challenges this nation faces .
    Completely agree. What adults choose to do with their bodies is largely their own business, but we have no business celebrating these choices, and certainly we should not present these decisions to our children as being normal and proper. Rather, we should mourn them, and then put the whole issue on the back burner while we tackle the truly important problems we face.

The transformer movement rolls back women's rights ; and rolls back protections for innocent children.
    Very true.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2023, 08:39 AM
    Anecdotal accounts do not even come close to being med science.
    She's very knowledgeable about the science.

I asked, "Are you really interested in EVERYTHING Jesus said?"
    Yes, and have been my entire life.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2023, 12:58 PM
    She's very knowledgeable about the science.
    Sure she is.

Yes, and have been my entire life.
    Glad to hear that, but you haven't been your entire life. You haven't been even the past two or three years. Matthew 25, for instance, is one you don't like. Or this from Matthew 7.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. 14 How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.
    15 “Be on your guard against false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves. 16 You’ll recognize them by their fruit. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. 18 A good tree can’t produce bad fruit; neither can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.
    21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?’ 23 Then I will announce to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers!
    Now we'll get the usual response about cherry-picking, metaphors, and so forth, but I'm convinced that you simply don't like those statements and so reject them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2023, 02:00 PM
    Sure she is.
    Yep. Glad you agree. She's a treasure!

Glad to hear that, but you haven't been your entire life.
    Yep, all my life!
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2023, 03:21 PM
    Yep, all my life!
    Glad to hear that. It means you accept both the Matthew passages. That's progress.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2023, 03:58 PM
    Glad to hear that. It means you accept both the Matthew passages. That's progress.
    What's not to "accept"?
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2023, 05:02 PM
    For me? Nothing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 16, 2023, 05:23 PM
    For me? Nothing.
    And your accusation regarding my not accepting what?
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2023, 05:39 PM
    Matthew 25.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trivial space pursuits [ 4 Answers ]

Remember a short time ago when the space race between Richard Branson and Elon Musk was treated a trivial pursuits by the uber-rich with too much time on their hands ? Well maybe not . The value of Musk's Space X shot up to $100 billion today....up 33% from February . It is now the 2nd most...

Trivial pursuit [ 0 Answers ]

Thinking of buying a new version for the family. We have a few, some we like, some less so. Anyone know what categories the new master edition has and if it is basically the same as the original classic version but with a timer? Anyone got any other recent releases they would recommend?

Shall we compare Obama's healthcare pursuits? [ 3 Answers ]

Shall we go back and compare Obama's healthcare pursuits? The Illinois State Lege and U.S. Senate? It's worth taking a good look at! VIRTUAL CITIZENS - Barack Obama: Hypocrisy on Health Care

View more questions Search