Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 06:03 AM
    Curioser and Curioser
    Students at Clemson are protesting because the university has decided to remove tampon dispensers from the men's restrooms. Pan (note the creative first name)Tankersley declared, "Today, we are marching for the reinstatement of the menstrual products in the men’s restrooms in Cooper Library and throughout campus." It seems strange to have to explain to COLLEGE students that men don't use tampons. If you need a tampon, then you are not a man and thus should not be in the men's restroom. Perhaps sixth graders would need to have that explained to them, but at the age of twenty, people generally know that MEN don't use tampons. It's like the idea that men don't wear bras, or that men don't have babies. Do we now have to explain to COLLEGE students that these things are true??? And if a young adult cannot understand such a basic concept, then does that person really need to be in college? "Yes, I want to get my degree in physics, but first I need to run down to the men's restroom and get a tampon." Huh?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/studen...mens-bathrooms
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 07:45 AM
    The university is incorrect in its reasoning.

https://www.self.com/story/male-peri...el-kenny-jones
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 08:06 AM
    Uhm...it is necessary to have a vagina in order to use a tampon, and in that situation, the individual is a...WOMAN, even if she is pretending to be a man. The university's reasoning is so correct that it's overwhelming. In the case of this Kenny Jones, he/she would not need to get a tampon to begin with, so the whole point of you linking this story is to demonstrate what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Uhm...it is necessary to have a vagina in order to use a tampon, and in that situation, the individual is a...WOMAN, even if she is pretending to be a man. The university's reasoning is so correct that it's overwhelming.
    No pretending is going on. She IS anatomically (but not chromosomally) a woman who is transitioning to be her real self: a man. Please read the article I posted.

Read the story after this subheading:

"I knew I was meant to be a boy since I was 14. At 15 years old, I started menstruating."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2023, 08:35 AM
    They are not fooling me . This is college age people. They live for the high . Now if you soak a tampon in 190 proof ethyl alcohol or vodka and shove it where the sun don't shine ;the body absorbs the alcohol quickly. It is a dangerous practice .
    Some kids mistakenly think doing this will prevent breathalyzer failure .
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 08:59 AM
    No pretending is going on. She IS anatomically (but not chromosomally) a woman who is transitioning to be her real self: a man. Please read the article I posted.

Read the story after this subheading:

"I knew I was meant to be a boy since I was 14. At 15 years old, I started menstruating."
    Even if I agreed with all of this, what does it have to do with a person with no vagina thinking he/she needs to find a tampon in a men's restroom? Why wouldn't a person with a vagina simply go into the women's restroom, or better yet, if that is perceived as being a problem, buy these articles at Walmart? Why should a college have to waste money on such a childish undertaking as putting tampon machines in men's restrooms?

They are not fooling me . This is college age people. They live for the high . Now if you soak a tampon in 190 proof ethyl alcohol or vodka and shove it where the sun don't shine ;the body absorbs the alcohol quickly. It is a dangerous practice .
    Some kids mistakenly think doing this will prevent breathalyzer failure .
    Tom's statement is a far more likely explanation. At any rate, only fifty deluded souls were in the protest march, so it would seem that sanity is, for once, prevailing on a college campus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 09:21 AM
    She DOES have a vagina and a uterus (and will get periods) until she's allowed to and can afford to have surgery. She doesn't go into the women's restroom because she must live her authentic life as a male. That will be done gradually to promote the highest standards of care (WPATH) over the next years --

***Hormone therapy (to create masculine characteristics such as a deeper voice, facial hair growth, redistribution of body fat away from hips and breasts, and not getting a period.

Male chest reconstruction, or “top surgery” (to remove the breasts and breast tissue)

Hysterectomy and salpingo-oophorectomy (to remove female reproductive organs such as the uterus and ovaries/fallopian tubes)

Phalloplasty or “bottom surgery” (construction of a penis using skin from other parts of the body). Metoidioplasty is a type of “bottom surgery” that causes the clitoris to work more like a penis, which is accompanied by hormone treatment to make the clitoris grow larger.***
    https://www.center4research.org/what...emale-to-male/
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 09:40 AM
    She DOES have a vagina and a uterus (and will get periods) until she's allowed to and can afford to have surgery. She doesn't go into the women's restroom because she must live her authentic life as a male
    So you are basically arguing that everyone else must accept this insanity of putting tampons in the men's restrooms because people like KS don't have enough sense to go to Walmart and pick up what she needs? That doesn't sound very compelling.

But even at that, if you had read your own article, you would have noticed this. "Now I am 24 years old, and I haven't bled since I was 19." So this person, as it turns out, does not need tampons. How about that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 09:55 AM
    So this person, as it turns out, does not need tampons. How about that?
    She isn't the only trans at Clemson (28,000+ students). Women's washrooms should have a condom dispenser too.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 10:03 AM
    She isn't the only trans at Clemson. Women's washrooms should have a condom dispenser too.
    Yes, and they should spend millions to put urinals into the women's restrooms as well.

If a person has a working, menstruating vagina, which this person does NOT have, a fact you missed since you didn't even read your own article, then rather than inconvenience everyone else, that person could simply step into the women's restroom and get a tampon, or better yet, they could use even a little bit of common sense and get them at Walgreens. But that wouldn't serve the purpose of making everyone else bow at the altar of TG.

I have nothing at all against these people, but I absolutely will not participate in this lunacy with them.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2023, 10:18 AM
    Why is the term "leading he/she/zie/their authentic life/self" trawled out for these cases.
    Mother Nature has already made that determination, so anything else is basically against nature.
    Has humanity finally decided that they are above mere natural selection and biology.

Bottom line, once you're an adult, do as you please, but don't expect everyone else to buy into your delusion...
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 10:37 AM
    Bottom line, once you're an adult, do as you please, but don't expect everyone else to buy into your delusion...
    Well said. I can and must love all sorts of people, but I dare not encourage them in their sad, mistaken delusions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Why is the term "leading he/she/zie/their authentic life/self" trawled out for these cases.
    Mother Nature has already made that determination,
    Nope. Mother Nature screwed up. Messed up the chromosomes and hormones and slapped the opposite sex organs onto the baby's exterior.

Well said. I can and must love all sorts of people, but I dare not encourage them in their sad, mistaken delusions.
    I'm sure you have family members and/or relatives who are in the LGBTQ+ community.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2023, 11:08 AM
    Has humanity finally decided that they are above mere natural selection and biology.
    Thank you . It is the humans created God complex if only they just dream it

When you wish upon a star
    Makes no difference who you are
    Anything your heart desires
    Will come to you
    If your heart is in your dream
    No request is too extreme
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 11:10 AM
    Yes, and they should spend millions to put urinals into the women's restrooms as well.
    Great idea! And only one per bathroom would be needed.

If a person has a working, menstruating vagina, which this person does NOT have, a fact you missed since you didn't even read your own article, then rather than inconvenience everyone else, that person could simply step into the women's restroom and get a tampon, or better yet, they could use even a little bit of common sense and get them at Walgreens. But that wouldn't serve the purpose of making everyone else bow at the altar of TG.
    Apparently, YOU didn't read the article.
    I have nothing at all against these people, but I absolutely will not participate in this lunacy with them.
    Bwahahahahaha!! Tell me another lie!!!
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 12:12 PM
    Just the usual nonsensical reply. I read the article enough to find what you didn’t. Nuff said. And as usual, WG, who loves to lecture to everyone else about not being judgmental, makes a stupid judgment about someone supposedly lying. Pretty bad. It’s what people do when they know the battle is lost.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 12:52 PM
    And what did I lie about?
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2023, 01:21 PM
    I didn't say you lied.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2023, 01:31 PM
    What was my "stupid judgment"?