Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2023, 04:45 AM
    You would think that it's just a matter of time before we have fatalities or lose some aircraft.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2023, 04:55 AM
    UN Sec GeneralAntónio Guterres basically said in a Security Council meeting that Israel had it coming.

It is important to also recognize the attacks by Hamas did not happen in a vacuum.
    The Palestinian people have been subjected to 56 years of suffocating occupation.
    Secretary-General's remarks to the Security Council - on the Middle East | United Nations Secretary-General

Israel's Ambassador to the UN has called for his resignation.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2023, 05:39 AM
    suffocating occupation.
    A really ignorant comment considering that Gaza has not been occupied by the Israelis since 93 and the Oslo Accords.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2023, 04:23 AM
    Clueless Joe Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah Two state solution Blah;Blah;Blah;Blah............................... .................

Biden: Israel-Hamas war must end with vision for a 'two-state solution' (cnbc.com)
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2023, 04:28 AM
    The Gaza strip was a two-state solution in miniature. Mr. Biden, how did that work out?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2023, 05:12 AM
    Since 1967 we've heard that peace will come when there is are 2 states . Then they can live in peace. This is an invented trope that was never part of any settlement between nations or the UN . It is sorta like the elusive search for the Holy Grail. It was never part of any UN Resolution . Between 1948 and 1967 the Arab nations controlled all the land in question in Judea and Samaria Gaza was Egyptian . You see how anxious they are to get it back . They won't open the gate into Sinai to allow Palestians to enter (another case where a wall works )

No Palestinian state was created . Why . Because in truth they don't give a rat's a$$ about the people of Palestine and they don't want the problem of Palestinians in their land

Black September - Wikipedia

It can't happen when one of those state's primary doctrine is the eradication of the other state and the extermination of it's people .

When there is a Palestinian state it will only mean that more and more sophisticated weapons will legally be exported to the Palestinians. `

Which would suit Iran just fine. In fact the whole conflict needs to be looked at in that context. 1967 Iraq joined the Arab nations that attacked Israel. They entered into the conflict through Jordan. Today Iraq is controlled by Iran courtesy of the emperor's desire to make Iran a regional hegemon. Iran funnels weapons to the Palestinas . Iran provides more sophisticated weapons to Hezbollah which controls the STATE of Lebanon . Iran proxies attack Israel through Syrian ,Lebanon ,and the Palestinian territories . Weapons to a Palestinian state would no longer need to be smuggled. The Palestinian State and Iran could have a recognized defense treaty .

There is a REAL Resolution 242 recognizes Israel's rights to defensible borders . How could that happen if the charter of a Palestinian State calls for the extermination of Israel ?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2023, 05:19 AM
    They are fighting over land that no one wanted until the Jews came in, put their backs and minds to work, and developed the area into what it presently is. As long as the Arabs controlled it, it was a wilderness.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2023, 06:15 AM
    and in Gaza they are turning the fertile lands that Israel cultivated in South Gaza back to desert .
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Oct 26, 2023, 01:39 PM
    All of this is interesting. Will it still be interesting when it hits our front door?
    I think we'd better run for cover now before it's too late.

It's a distraction.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2023, 03:27 PM
    nah pages of debate about infant baptism on this board is a distraction This is "Current Events ".

Oct 26, 2023, 06:24 PM
    It's a distraction.
    This is "Current Events
    Not in his (our) Kingdom.
    What you're dealing with, here, is old News...We know how this story ends.

(I was surprised to find out American troops have landed in Isreal...actual Boots on the Ground)
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2023, 08:33 PM
    Tom, just as you predicted.

US warplanes carried out airstrikes on Iranian proxy forces moments ago inside Syria: US

F-16s and F-15s were used to strike targets in Syria earlier tonight in retaliation for the attacks on US troops in the region.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2023, 04:17 AM
    Yes it took the repeated attacks on American troops for Clueless to act.
    US troops attacked in Iraq, Syria and on alert for more strikes | Reuters

He still has it wrong . These attacks are directed by Iran . Targeting Iran assets in Iran should be the appropriate response. ie Take out the ports where Iran's Persian Gulf fleet operate from .

I am hearing reports that I have yet to verify that the US helped bust an Israeli spy cell in Lebanon; and that contributed to a lack of intel about the Hamas attack. The cell in question was headed by Israeli Russian nationals.

What you're dealing with, here, is old News...We know how this story ends.
    Yes I've heard end times predictions many times yawn

From a Current Events angle I guess the reactions are old news . First we pledge complete support for Israel . Then ;we council restraint by Israel . Then we give material assistance (humanitarian it is called ) to the terrorists. Wash rinse repeat .

Behind Biden's shift on Israel-Hamas war: Gaza deaths, international pressure | Reuters

And of course the American 5th column aka the left sides with the terrorists .

Imagine if after 9-11 ;students demonstrated for al Qaeda like they did this week for Hamas.

Thirty-one Harvard organizations blame Israel for Hamas attack (nypost.com)

GWU students project messages in support of Hamas (nypost.com)

New York University students demonstrate in support of Palestine - YouTube

University of Chicago students show support for Palestinians, Israel as tensions surge on campus - YouTube
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2023, 04:42 AM
    The Communist revolution in Russia was preceded by the universities becoming indoctrination camps for radical ideas. The same thing seems to be happening here.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2023, 05:09 AM
    Walt I have seen no reports of US troops on the ground although it would not surprise me. If there is a hostage rescue attempted I and sure US troops will be involved . Also it is not uncommon for US troops to be on the ground when American equipment is introduced into a conflict .I have no doubt that Americans are in Ukraine supporting the Patriot battery (if it hasn't already been taken out by the Russians ) .
    Also American special forces are covertly deployed all over the world's hot spots.

Oct 27, 2023, 09:29 AM
    A friend showed me, by Vidio (while in Israel) American troops exiting aircraft. Apparently, there were three planeloads of American ground forces. He's still in Israel. He used to be a journalist. He is now doing interviews with other news agencies.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2023, 10:37 AM
    3 whole plane loads . Like I said ;US weapons like Patriot and Terminal High Altitude Area Defense( THAAD ) systems would require US trainers

U.S. sending additional air defense systems to Middle East, Pentagon says | Reuters
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2023, 04:50 AM
    Clueless Joe has pivoted from unconditional support for Israel to the plight of the Palestinian in Gaza. He is listening to his left flank again.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2023, 04:57 AM
    This is about an accurate and succinct a description of the ME problem as I have seen in a while.

The Middle East conflict is framed as one of the most complex problems in the world. But, in reality, it's very simple. Israelis want to live in peace and are willing to accept a neighboring Palestinian state. And most Palestinians do not want Israel to exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancée is in israel but he say he can't leave israel until he pays 10 percentage [ 14 Answers ]

He called me and ask if I had a credit card that he can put money on and once I get it withdraw the 10 percentage that he needs to pay so he can come home. But what he's asking I can't understand why he can't pay cash or get cashiers check to pay the 10 percent of $750,000.00 he inherited

Hair tragedy [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter dyed her blonde hair brown, it looked horriable so we used oops color remover The color was still bad so we took her in for a malibu treatment, still bad.We put blonde color on and now she has green hair! What should we do?

Something sea tragedy not pure title but almost a tragedy in a sea [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie and I didn't get its title, can you help me with that? Some friends on vacations plan to sail in a sea and one of them hires a smart ship from another friend. And in the mid of the sea they started jumping in the sea in fun and forget to pull the ladder down and then after they...

Minneapolis tragedy [ 27 Answers ]

Let's all hope and pray for those involved in the highway collapse in Minnesota.

Another global warming tragedy [ 11 Answers ]

Warming causing gray whales to lose weight, say scientists I tried but could not find a photo of one of these skinny whales. But I have an idea, instead of a "fat tax" why not promote global warming as a way to combat obesity?

View more questions Search