Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2023, 07:41 PM
    What a tragedy in Israel.
    Several hundred dead in what amounted to a large, well-coordinated terror attack. The Israeli response will doubtless be overwhelming. I would think they are going to clear the Arabs out of the Gaza Strip, or at least in some portions of it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2023, 04:04 AM
    I find it hard to believe that Hamas could sneak attack without Israel having some awareness it was coming . UNLESS it was planned and coordinated by an outside nation . And I don't mean Iran. The Israeli and US SIGINT and HUMINT are very aware of Iranian provocations.

Three possibilities. First Israel and the US knew it was coming and let it happen . Not likely .

Second ;Russia helped coordinate the attacks.

The third possibility and least likely is that Hamas is so sophisticated that they could smuggle in all those weapons ;communicate without electronics ;and still have a coordinated land ,sea, and air assault without any warning to Israel.

This is most unlikely because it comes on the anniversary of the surprise attack on Israel on Yom Kippur 1973. Israel is acutely aware that the Muslims love to attack on anniversary dates.

As an example ;the 9-11 attack occurred on the Muslim holiday of Eid ul-Fitr at the end of Ramadan. The 7/7 /05 London subway bombing happened on the Muslim celebration of Eid al-Adha .

So Israel should've been in a heightened state of alert .

Russia has an interest in both distracting attention from Ukraine and complicating Israel's rapprochement with Saudi Arabia by creating tension in the region.
    Hamas will deplete it's weapons .Israel will again enter Gaza and pummel Hamas. Then they will succumb to international pressure to end the war unresolved. Wash/Rince /Repeat. There is also a possibility that Hezbollah could attack from the north. Israel can deal with that too ;but it would take longer .

Already there is talk of US $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and weapons to be sent to assist Israel. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and weapons to Israel will not go to Ukraine. Russia plays the long game.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2023, 01:50 PM
    And just like clockwork ;the Dems observe a day of Palestinian relentless attacks on Israel. Then just as Israel prepared a counter attack ;they call for cease fire.

All Out Crazy ..... “An immediate ceasefire and de-escalation is urgently needed to save lives”

Ilhan Omar ......."we need to call for deescalation and ceasefire.”

I would think they are going to clear the Arabs out of the Gaza Strip, or at least in some portions of it.
    That is the method we used to have peace with the Native Americans in the 19th century ....... remove the threat . The time for a cease fire is after an Israeli victory .
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2023, 02:00 PM
    Who could blame them for wanting to basically clear the Arabs out of the Gaza Strip? From any reasonable person's perspective, the Israelis need to be able to defend their little country, and it's plain that, under the current arrangement, it cannot be done.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2023, 02:01 PM
    You want more killing, more deaths?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2023, 02:09 PM
    I propose that what I suggested will ultimately save lives .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2023, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I propose that what I suggested will ultimately save lives .
    After an Israeli victory? More deaths and destruction? More anger and hatred churned up?
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2023, 03:53 PM
    Israel suffering 700 deaths is on the order of us having 22,000 dead. So I would think that after an Israeli victory is the way to go.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2023, 05:59 PM
    What is happening in Israel is coming here soon enough thanks to the Clueless Joe invasion of illegals .

Reporter says he filmed hundreds of military-age Chinese men heading toward US in migrant groups | Fox News

I have been following the reporting of combat reporter Michael Yon for over 2 decades

This was his tweet today

Hamas Raping and Killing Women — Darien Gap is WIDE OPEN FOR BUSINESSMeanwhile uncategorized Arabs flow through Darien every hour. Including “Palestinians” I personally encounter.
    Michael Yon: Callsign BIG HONEY 6 on X: "Hamas Raping and Killing Women — Darien Gap is WIDE OPEN FOR BUSINESS Meanwhile uncategorized Arabs flow through Darien every hour. Including “Palestinians” I personally encounter. Jews and others have nowhere to run because not tossing out vaxxing-and other self-destructive… https://t.co/JSkDpZJFLe" / X (twitter.com)

Michael Yon: Callsign BIG HONEY 6 on X: "Hamas is raping and killing women and children. This is their way. This is a population vs population war. The populations will fight forever until one or the other is gone. Hamas has chosen an evil path and should be destroyed in detail. Terrorists of many stripes flood… https://t.co/sK9nJTYQtj" / X (twitter.com)

Meanwhile Flashback September 12 in a prelude to war ;Hamas Leaders meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov .

The meeting is likely to further strain ties between Jerusalem and Moscow, already frayed amid Israel's support for Ukraine since Russia's invasion over six months ago and Moscow’s attempt to close the Jewish Agency within its borders.
    Airstrikes in Syria attributed to Israel have also sparked conflict between the two nations, with Lavrov condemning the attacks in August.
    He specifically singled out what he called the "very disturbing" attack on Damascus airport on June 10, and attacks on the port of Tartus on the Mediterranean coast, which Israel did claim responsibility for.
    Russia’s Lavrov Meets With Hamas Chief In Moscow - I24NEWS

Port of Tartus ......where have I heard that name before ?

Russia Expands Military Facilities in Syria (voanews.com)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2023, 03:01 AM
    Was Hamas attack funded with US $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??????

U.S. makes deal with Iran to swap prisoners and release $6 billion in frozen money | PBS NewsHour
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2023, 03:26 AM
    After an Israeli victory? More deaths and destruction? More anger and hatred churned up?
    The Hamas Charter calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Just having them in Gaza makes them an existential threat to Israel. Their intentions are clear and unambiguous .

• Article 11 Palestine is sacred (waqf) for all Muslims for all time, and it cannot be relinquished by anyone.[1]
    • Article 12 affirms that "Nationalism, from the point of view of the Islamic Resistance Movement, is part of the religious creed".[1]
    • Article 13 There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer.[1]
    • Article 14 The liberation of Palestine is the personal duty of every Palestinian.[1]
    Hamas Charter - Wikipedia

What everyone should concern themselves with is that a terrorist organization has achieved that level of command and control; coordination and sophistication of the attack in the face of arguably the best intel network on earth.

I would be hard pressed to argue against someone saying that the US knew it was going to happen. We think of 9-11 a terrible intel failure because we did not detect a single terror cell infiltration.

This operation by Hamas rivals the performances of the best militaries in the world . That should keep everyone awake at night.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2023, 03:36 AM
    Senator Spartacus was in Israel and had to shelter in place.

Sen. Cory Booker says he is shaken, angered, heartbroken after taking cover in bomb shelter in Israel (msn.com)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2023, 03:42 AM
    Israel will be needing an infusion of US weapons . But all our surplus stock has been sent to Ukraine.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2023, 04:48 AM
    another thought . Much like the CIA has preferences on which administration it supports ;and which it undermines ..... is it possible that the Mossad has decided to knee cap Bibi ?

The Israeli government issued a statement on Sunday firmly rejecting assertions contained in the leaked Pentagon documents that the leadership of the Mossad, Israel’s foreign intelligence service, had encouraged the agency’s staff and Israeli citizens to participate in the anti-government protests that roiled the country in March.
    Mossad and other senior Israeli defense officials denied the assessment’s findings, and The New York Times was unable to independently verify the U.S. intelligence assessment.
    The statement issued on Sunday by the Israeli prime minister’s office on behalf of the Mossad described the assertion as “mendacious and without any foundation whatsoever.”
    Senior U.S. officials said the F.B.I. was working to determine the source of the leaked documents. The officials acknowledged that the documents appeared to be legitimate intelligence and operational briefs compiled by the Pentagon’s Joint Staff, using reports from the government’s intelligence community, but that at least one had been modified from the original at some later point.
    Israel Denies Leaked Claim That Mossad Encouraged Protest - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2023, 12:18 AM
    we supplied both sides

Israel: US arms left in Afghanistan reach Gaza – Middle East Monitor
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2023, 06:28 AM
    How long do you suppose it will take our ever-alert pres to refreeze Iran's 6 billion in assets we control? I have read that Iran has not used any of to date.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2023, 01:08 PM
    Right now they don't admit that Iran was involved . Funding for Hamas typically is a Saudi effort or more correctly ;the Saudis do not directly fund them , They turn a blind eye to Hamas funding from Saudi Arabia.

Iran direct funding goes to Hezbollah. If they get involved ;along with attacks from the West Bank things can get very tough for Israel . They are the world’s most heavily armed terrorist group , and has been described as “a militia trained like an army and equipped like a state.", and] its fighters “are nothing like Hamas or the Palestinians,” “They are trained and highly qualified,” he said, equipped with flak jackets, night-vision goggles, good communications and sometimes Israeli uniforms and ammunition.

Hamas already shocked with their coordination and competence. Hezbollah has been there for a decade .

Hamas rocket fire overwhelmed Iron dome. Hezbollah has no less than 130,000 missiles that are longer range and more accurate.

A Disciplined Hezbollah Surprises Israel With Its Training, Tactics and Weapons - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

They also have anit-tank /ship and AAM rockets in their arsenal.

Hezbollah is more well armed than many of out European partners ,

The US claims the $6 billion is still safe in a Qatari bank.But money is fungible . The money in Qatar frees up money that would've been used for so called "humanitarian" uses for fighting israel. I do not believe that Clueless Joe would do any more than the lip service he has given the war so far .
    RandomPerson36 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2023, 08:44 PM
    Hundreds of deaths in "Israel," meanwhile, Palestinians have been victims of genocide and ethnic cleansing for 70+ years. This thread criticizes the Hamas while Zionists have (and continue to) snipe and lethally gas civilians - women, children, medics, and journalists - as they were peacefully protesting and documenting during the Great March of Return in 2018-2019. All war crimes and egregious acts per the Geneva Conventions.

Yet, when they now try and fight back for basic civil and humanitarian rights, Palestinians are the ones called "terrorists." "Terrorists" who live in poverty; have one of the highest rates of unemployment; not enough food, water, or electricity, and under constant siege so that these resources are constantly cut off and strictly distributed just above malnutrition levels; buildings bombed and decimated, unable to be rebuilt because Israel prohibits construction materials from being imported to them; houses bulldozed down with Palestinians still inside; people taken in and out of jail or shot on the streets and unable to work or go to school or live normal lives. They cannot go anywhere even if they wanted to as Israel has sieged them by land and sea via checkpoints and blockades. The checkpoints Palestinians need to cross just for food and what little work they can find are so strict/controlled and manipulated so that those who "cross" are deemed exiled and are attacked if they try to return. These paths have even been planted with mines in the past.

But western media will not show any of this; it is so biased and one-sided. This is one of the only sources I have been able to access and post without it being taken down:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZSaKYmP2s

Or, if you can't find the time to watch the entire documentary, see below, but I highly recommend the documentary:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyMae...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPqv...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2023, 04:26 AM
    genocide and ethnic cleansing???? Israel does neither . Some of Israel's policies are debatable that is true . But none of them reach the levels of either extermination or forceable removal. Palestinians in Israel are citizens with full citizen rights. Palestinians are in Israel's Knesset .

Now if the situation were reversed and the Palestinians controlled the small sliver of land that is Israel then you would see brutal ethnic cleansing and genocide . The Hamas Charter makes that an explicit goal.

highest rates of unemployment; not enough food, water, or electricity, and under constant siege

As Golda Meir said "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us."

Measures Israel takes are defensive. They exited Gaza and gave the Palestinians the assistance needed to become a prosperous area . Instead of working to build their economy the Palestinians in Gaza used it as a base to wage war on Israel They looted the green houses where hundreds of them were employed . They use cement imported from Israel not to build up their community but instead to construct attack and smuggling of weapons tunnels .
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2023, 04:47 AM
    Yet, when they now try and fight back for basic civil and humanitarian rights, Palestinians are the ones called "terrorists."
    When this effort to "fight back" centers around killing hundreds of innocent civilians, raping women, and beheading soldiers, then please don't expect any sympathy. It was a sickening example of terror and hatred on a large scale.

RP36, I hope you keep posting but start thinking more clearly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancée is in israel but he say he can't leave israel until he pays 10 percentage [ 14 Answers ]

He called me and ask if I had a credit card that he can put money on and once I get it withdraw the 10 percentage that he needs to pay so he can come home. But what he's asking I can't understand why he can't pay cash or get cashiers check to pay the 10 percent of $750,000.00 he inherited

Hair tragedy [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter dyed her blonde hair brown, it looked horriable so we used oops color remover The color was still bad so we took her in for a malibu treatment, still bad.We put blonde color on and now she has green hair! What should we do?

Something sea tragedy not pure title but almost a tragedy in a sea [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie and I didn't get its title, can you help me with that? Some friends on vacations plan to sail in a sea and one of them hires a smart ship from another friend. And in the mid of the sea they started jumping in the sea in fun and forget to pull the ladder down and then after they...

Minneapolis tragedy [ 27 Answers ]

Let's all hope and pray for those involved in the highway collapse in Minnesota.

Another global warming tragedy [ 11 Answers ]

Warming causing gray whales to lose weight, say scientists I tried but could not find a photo of one of these skinny whales. But I have an idea, instead of a "fat tax" why not promote global warming as a way to combat obesity?

View more questions Search