Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2024, 05:03 PM
    Now back to the subject at hand, I do believe the pro-abortion sentiment in so many women is going to be hard to overcome.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2024, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Right again. You are so predictable.
    You too. How you twist!
    The Bible, to my knowledge, never directly says
    Hmm, somewhere in the Bible, hmm, I think in Genesis, it says something about, with the first breath, that bunch of tissue becomes a living soul.
    Tens of millions of American women have had abortions
    Why?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2024, 06:12 PM
    Now back to the subject at hand, I do believe the pro-abortion sentiment in so many women is going to be hard to overcome.
    Many Republican women are raging about men trying to control their reproductive selves.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2024, 06:20 PM
    You too. How you twist!
    Except that you can find no place I have done that.

Hmm, somewhere in the Bible, hmm, I think in Genesis, it says something about, with the first breath, that bunch of tissue becomes a living soul.
    Try reading what I posted above and get a little honesty about you. Even worse, it doesn't even say that to begin with. Most modern translations render it as, "...became a living being or creature." Now that, of course, would have been needed since, as dust, he was dead as a doornail. So your dishonest approach just continues on.

Why?
    Also already answered above. This really gets tedious.

No one is trying to control women reproducing. It's what happens once they have already reproduced that is in question. Please learn to use your terms accurately.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2024, 07:06 PM
    No one is trying to control women reproducing. It's what happens once they have already reproduced that is in question. Please learn to use your terms accurately.
    You've never been a woman, have you. Maybe that will be your assignment in Purgatory.

As I said:
    "Many Republican women are raging about men trying to control their reproductive selves."
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2024, 07:20 PM
    You've never been a woman, have you.
    An argument with no meaning whatsoever. It's like saying, "How dare men stand up to preserve innocent lives!!"

As I said:
    "Many Republican women are raging about men trying to control their reproductive selves."
    And as I replied, "No one is trying to control women reproducing. It's what happens once they have already reproduced that is in question. Please learn to use your terms accurately."

I'm going to give you an honesty test. You continue to appeal to an account in Genesis which you consider, you have said, to be fictional. How you can make a truth appeal from a story that, in your view, never happened? Can you answer that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2024, 07:57 PM
    An argument with no meaning whatsoever. It's like saying, "How dare men stand up to preserve innocent lives!!
    But they don't. "Get 'em pregnant and move on with your life -- and go on to get another one pregnant. It proves we are REAL MEN!!!"
    And as I replied, "No one is trying to control women reproducing. It's what happens once they have already reproduced that is in question. Please learn to use your terms accurately."
    Surely you jest!
    I'm going to give you an honesty test. You continue to appeal to an account in Genesis which you consider, you have said, to be fictional. How you can make a truth appeal from a story that, in your view, never happened? Can you answer that?
    You believe it's Truth. Now, live by it.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2024, 08:02 PM
    But they don't.
    I do as do many other men.

Surely you jest!
    You might want to try a genuinely thoughtful answer as opposed to that non-thinking foolishness.

You believe it's Truth. Now, live by it.
    You failed the honesty test. Sad yet unsurprising. But to reply to your non-reply, I am very happy to live with the truth of the Bible, including that passage you so dishonestly quote.

Please stop thinking on a third grade level and try to offer up something meaningful and intelligent. It would be very helpful. Add a large dose of truth and honesty and you'll start making progress. THINK!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2024, 03:08 AM
    I guess this posting is done
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2024, 06:10 AM
    Sorry Tom. I did try. "Now back to the subject at hand, I do believe the pro-abortion sentiment in so many women is going to be hard to overcome."
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2024, 06:36 AM
    I am encouraged . The Dobbs case that overturned Roe appears to be working as intended . Alabama has a law that the state Supreme Court misinterpreted to mean that IVF test tube frozen embryos are babies. There was confusion after the ruling . It caused a pause in IVF services in the state.

The good news is that Dobbs gives the legislature back the power to correct it . It appears that is what will happen.

Lawmakers file bills to address Alabama Supreme Court's IVF ruling (alreporter.com)
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2024, 07:18 AM
    I attribute the Dobbs case backlash to be the reason the repubs did not meet expectations in the midterm elections. The diminishment of Christian values in our country is inevitably leading to a diminishing regard for life in the womb. After all, if we were not really created, and created in God's image, then what's the big deal? And if those two assumptions are correct, then they have a good argument.

And that is really the question to be faced. Is an unborn child truly a living human being made in God's image? I think most people would agree that at somewhere in the 8 to 12 weeks range, the unborn child is human. Before then is a little tougher decision, but it's a discussion we need to have. I hope we don't get into a "What the hxll" mentality, but I suspect that is pretty much where many people are.

Name:  fetus 12.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  9.4 KB Unborn child at 12 weeks.
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2024, 07:26 AM
    Short of dictatorship ;politics is the art of persuasion. The founders knew very well that democracy can't survive unless there were a moral people .
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2024, 09:58 AM
    They also realized that we cannot have a moral people without the influence of religious faith.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2024, 10:19 AM
    we cannot have a moral people without the influence of religious faith.
    Not true!

AND in the Holy Land, why are people of two religious faiths hurting and killing each other?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2024, 10:41 AM
    Name:  fetus 12.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  9.4 KB Unborn child at 12 weeks.
    A cat fetus --

Uber Member

Feb 26, 2024, 11:32 AM
    Not true!
    The founding fathers believed it.

The Forgotten Triangle of Freedom? - News - First Liberty

What is the point of your fetal cat pic? The cat is clearly not human, and the human is clearly not a cat. Was that the point?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2024, 12:34 PM
    The founding fathers believed it.
    They lived how long ago? The U.S. has changed a lot since then.

What is the point of your fetal cat pic? The cat is clearly not human, and the human is clearly not a cat. Was that the point?
    My point is to demonstrate how similar the unborn cat is to the unborn human.
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2024, 01:23 PM
    They lived how long ago? The U.S. has changed a lot since then.
    I'm sure every complete fool in America thinks we are smarter than they were.

My point is to demonstrate how similar the unborn cat is to the unborn human.
    Two points. 1. You admit the unborn are human. That's progress. 2. Anyone capable of sight and rational thought would immediately be able to tell the difference. You can start with...the tail. Pretty obvious.

But even at that, all advanced organisms begin as a single cell which all look, I imagine, more or less similar. The point is that the similarities end there in terms of worth. Now I grant you that those outside of the Christian faith cannot establish that, but the those inside the faith recognize it readily. We are made in God's image. If you throw that out as you do, then you are left with nothing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2024, 01:32 PM
    I'm sure every complete fool in America thinks we are smarter than they were.
    Smarter? No. More diverse in culture and nationality and attitudes about religion? Yes.

Again I ask: AND in the Holy Land, why are people of two religious faiths hurting and killing each other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump to DeSantis ....wait your turn [ 51 Answers ]

Trump has the 1st tv ad of his 2024 campaign airing . It is not an attack of the Dems or Clueless Joe. It is an attack ad against Ron DeSantis. Medium Buying on Twitter: "The Trump campaign is up on TV with this 60-second spot. Airing nationally This is the first TV ad spending of the 2024...

Casey DeSantis' powerful Mama's for DeSantis Ad [ 3 Answers ]

This should shape the debate Mamas for DeSantis - YouTube The left is calling this ad 'desperate '. I call it a shot across the bow to the progressive left's woke agenda.

Refer to Target Corporation's financial statements (http://investors.target.com/phoen [ 1 Answers ]

(millions, except per share data) 2008 2007 2006 Sales $ 62,884 $ 61,471 $ 57,878 Credit card revenues 2,064 1,896 1,612

Carrier furnace turns off before target temp, then right back on [ 23 Answers ]

I have a approx. 6 year old Carrier 58STA110 natural gas furnace. The blower motor and circuit board was replaced last year. I have installed a new digital thermostat, and the problem is still happening. The filter is new. No return vents are blocked. There is no signal of an error on the...

20 yr old son moves back home [ 6 Answers ]

:mad: my son who is twenty couldn't wait to move out and now he's back just as irresponsible as he ever was and disrespectful as well if I try to speak to him on these subject he goes into a screaming rage and don't hear anything I am saying how can I try to get him to understand about priorities...

View more questions Search