Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2023, 07:35 PM
    It Never Ceases to Amaze
    Now we have a liberal dem pulling a fire alarm in an attempt to delay a vote. Thankfully for him, his last name is not "Trump", so it's unlikely he will be charged with anything.

Representative Jamaal Bowman, Democrat of New York, pulled a fire alarm in the House Cannon office building on Saturday as his party was trying to delay a vote on a stopgap spending bill, prompting an evacuation of the building and investigations by the Capitol Police and the House Administration Committee.
    The alarm was triggered at the same time that House Democrats at the Capitol were stalling a vote on a spending measure to keep the government operating for another 45 days. Speaker Kevin McCarthy had unveiled the bill just minutes earlier, and Democrats were scrambling to read the bill and determine whether to support it. Later in the day, the bill passed 335 to 91, with more Democrats voting for it than Republicans.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/30/u...arm-house.html
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2023, 03:11 AM
    I posted this yesterday morning

Disrupting a Congressional Proceeding (askmehelpdesk.com)

I was not aware about the Dems wanting to delay the vote. I just figured he was as dumb as a rock .
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2023, 03:44 AM
    In Tennessee 3 Dems were trying to delay a gun vote. They joined protesters and then approached the podium out of turn carrying bull horns to lead the protest in the halls of the legislature.

2 of the 3 were expelled from the Legislature. But the Repubs have a super-majority .

It is doubtful that Bowman will face any disciplinary penalties.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2023, 04:23 AM
    I was not aware about the Dems wanting to delay the vote. I just figured he was as dumb as a rock .
    Perhaps both are true???

It is doubtful that Bowman will face any disciplinary penalties.
    Very likely true. Already it's been downplayed by the press. If a repub had done that, he would be pilloried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A company ceases to exist if one of its owners should die? [ 3 Answers ]

A company ceases to exist if one of its owners should die. Is this true or false. Explain your answer.

Ah Fox News, you never cease to amaze [ 9 Answers ]

Show of hands in PA diner yields one vote for McCain, nearly unanimous support for Obama, FOX Brian Wilson calls it "split." KTkqosRiyYo

View more questions Search