Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2023, 08:45 AM
    Steel Rims / Winter Tires...
    I just Bought 4 New Steel Rims to Mount our Winter Tires.. The previous set of steel rims didn't hold up well to the Elements.. Question, Would a couple coats of Clear Coat help from getting the Rusty Look ?? I did look into having the previous Rims cleaned and Repainted but was told to Replace the Rims is Cheaper.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated ??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 25, 2023, 09:25 AM
    Powder coated rims would last far longer than merely applying lacquer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

17" Steel Rims for Winter Tires / Finish Rusty Looking ?? [ 0 Answers ]

If I could get a Decent of set Alloy Rims problem solved but looking for matching Bolt pattern next impossible at an affordable price.. Hence Steel Rims, problem is there from an Automotive Parts Supplier and the Finish on them starts going Rusty looking after one season.. Curious ? To clean rims...

Should I buy separate rims for winter tires? [ 7 Answers ]

If I decide to purchase 4 rims, there is now the added expense of that new law that requires tire sensor guages to be put on each tire... This would cost me about $720 total... Obviously, it would be much cheaper to just switch out my summer tires and use the same rims... So my question is:...

How can you tell if you have bad rims or tires [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wabol in the front end and the allignment was double checked and it is that the tires are wobbling a bit. I went to where I bought the tires from and they said we can't tell if it is the rims or the tires. The rims were mounted and spun to show me the run out it didn't appear to be...

Will these tires fit my rims? [ 2 Answers ]

I've got 235- 80- R16 tires on my truck right now that are in pretty rough shape. I've been offered a set of used, but in better shape, 225-70-R16 tires. Will these fit until I can spring for some new tires of the correct size? Thanks.

Rims and Tires - Are they still good after sitting for 3-years [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter totaled her 2001 Tiburon - rolled it... luckily nobody hurt. Anyway, she had real nice Motegi rims and new Potenza tires. They have been sitting in my garage for almost 3-years. Are they still good?? One of the rims had weeds between the tire and rim, and the rim has some...

View more questions Search