Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    photographybabe01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
    What kind of bug is this?
    Hi. When I lived in Alabama, I found this caterpillar, or at least I think it's a caterpillar :), in front of my trailer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind it is and what they know about it. Thanks!

Emily

P.S. I took these pictures in 2005, so I would like to know soon if anyone has the answers. I have been wondering for a long time what I saw! Thanks! :)

missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 22, 2007, 11:41 AM
    I think that caterpillar turns into a monarch butterfly, but I'm not for sure. Hopefully someone else who really knows will answer. I have seen those at my house in Texas and that it what my neighbor told me.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Looks like what we call here on the farm -- a hornworm -- loves tomatoes, but will eat anything.-- Savage
    hornworm - Google Image Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery bug? [ 10 Answers ]

This bug/bird/insect has been flying around our butterfly bushes for the past few weeks. Any ideas on what it could be. We are stumped because it appears to be a hummingbird/butterfly type specie but up close it looks like a lobster! We would love some insight. :confused:

Mystery bug [ 4 Answers ]

We have a bug that keeps showing up. I have searched bug sites but I cannot figure out what it is, or where they are coming from, or how to get rid of them They are 6 legged, cream/tan, with antenna. They are about a 1/2 inch long and usually just sit on the wall or ceiling, but they can go pretty...

What typ of bug is this [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I need to know what type of bug is this I'm finding them in rooms all over my house. They are small almost the same body as a lady bug but smaller black with white dots on the back

What kind of bug is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail....

Internet bug [ 4 Answers ]

My internet stops working every so often. Can't find the site. When I go to earthlink.net it works and then the other sites work, really weird. Any Ideas?

View more questions Search