Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2023, 04:47 AM
    Why is Romney not seeking reelection ?
    He says it is because he thinks it is time for a new generation of leaders .
    Mitt Romney won't seek second Senate term but isn't 'retiring from the fight' : NPR

I would applaud him for that view if it were real.

But I suspect that it has more to do with potential candidates building up a huge war chest to primary him .
    Potential Romney primary challenger builds up $2.1 million war chest (axios.com)

That and the fact that the Repubs in his home state don't want him .

More than 60 Utah Republicans endorse primary challenger to Mitt Romney | Fox News

He'd rather bow out gracefully than spend his huge war chest fending off a challenge. Not to worry . He has a lucrative career ahead as a guest commentator on various compliant press talking head shows as long as he remains a "moderate" who attacks Repubs.

Check out some similar questions!

Romney and taxes.. [ 58 Answers ]

Hello again, I can't find the thread where we were discussing Romney and his taxes, so I thought I'd start another one... He's FOOLING you, and you're BUYING it... He SAYS capital gains taxes should be eliminated because the capital was ALREADY taxed at the 35% corporate rate. He said...

Mid East erupts, and so does Romney [ 129 Answers ]

Hello: First off, why don't we shut that guy up down in Florida? Maybe our First Amendment is causing the Middle East to melt down... But, on to my post... Did Romney shoot himself in the foot? Should he have mouthed off before he knew the facts? Didn't he know that when American is...

Why Romney is the way he is [ 28 Answers ]

Like Daryl Hannah, Dan Akroyd, probably Johnny Depp, Sean Penn, Keanu Reeves, Al Gore, and many others, Mitt Romney probably has Asperger's syndrome. He's very smart, but as an Aspie he has trouble connecting with people, and it's why he seems to have no empathy for the common man, why weird...

You DON'T want Romney, do you? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: I've alluded to something weird happening in Republican circles.. I thought maybe they'd EVEN let Obama win in order to NOT have president Romney. Of course, I'm just excon. Nobody knows me... But people know right wing Erick Erickson. This is what HE said: Mitt Romney as the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.