Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2023, 01:45 PM
    What will happen in the Afterlife?
    People throughout the centuries have talked about and looked forward to an Afterlife -- Happy Hunting Grounds, Nirvana, Heaven, Valhalla, Paradise. etc. The older I get and the closer I get to death, the more interested I become in an Afterlife and wonder what it really will be like.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2023, 02:30 PM
    That's a surprising comment coming from a person who considers herself to be a Christian. What brought this on?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2023, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's a surprising comment coming from a person who considers herself to be a Christian. What brought this on?
    I'm trying to liven up this site!!!!!
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 13, 2023, 03:42 PM
    You do understand that it has nothing to do with (afterlife) going to live in heaven.
    It has everything to do with God coming to live in/with you. God in You (here on earth). Not - as in; "we go to live in heaven coming into the afterlife." There is only life. There is no "afterlife."

Life = Jesus. It's that same life, as he lived and died and rose again...one and the same life. God has given us a messiah. He has given us his life. Jesus is a man - Jesus (as a simple man) needed the holy spirit before he could start his ministry...as a man, we need that same Spirit in order to live that same "life" that Jesus already lived.

Too many Christians believe they have to couple Science with Scripture...unbeknownst to them; believing that Science holds the keys to life. Believing there is a scientific method, scientific reason, and scientific explanation. Scientific Formula in Creating Life... there well maybe? Building, creating, or growing a human Body is Not life!
    I'm trying to liven up this site!!!!!
    That seems to be the story of your "life." Liven up your life...with what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2023, 05:07 PM
    Therefore, waltero, after we have been resurrected, we will still be here on this Earth? And then we will live here on Earth, living a sinless life, showing Christ's love all the time to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Liven up your life...with what?
    Liven up this site (not my life, which is actually very lively) and keep it from being shut down.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2023, 05:13 PM
    It appears Walter is angry again. We never really know why.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2023, 05:20 PM
    There is only life. There is no "afterlife".
    Well, yeah there IS an afterlife. Most of us who have lived on this Earth have died or will die. Afterlife is the life we live once we've been resurrected.

And I don't believe those who have died are senseless. I've heard from our deceased son a number of times, so much so that I am keeping a journal about it. And Athos has given me several surprising and very obvious nudges, the most recent one being this afternoon.
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2023, 06:18 PM
    Gotta go with WG on this one. The afterlife would be the life AFTER this life, so plainly it does exist. I'm not real sure what Walter's objection is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2023, 06:27 PM
    I'm wondering where God is going to put us all. And how will I find my friends and relatives in that crowd? And will we be on a pristine Earth?
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2023, 08:05 PM
    That's all the second level stuff.

Sep 14, 2023, 01:19 PM
    Afterlife is the life we live once we've been resurrected.
    Don't you understand: it is that same life.
    It appears Walter is angry again
    Appearences can be deceiving, just as the two of you are deceiving yourselves.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2023, 01:23 PM
    WG -- Afterlife is the life we live once we've been resurrected.
    Don't you understand: it is that same life.
    Yes, that's what I said!

Sep 14, 2023, 02:03 PM
    Yes, that's what I said!
    Would you just stop?
    the more interested I become in an Afterlife and wonder what it really will be like.
    I'm afraid you have little to know Idea of what that life is, or what it is I'm talking about.
    In short; The two become one. Those that claim to have Christ Jesus, have already made the transition. They have already died...they will not die again.

And don't give me any of this - well you know what I mean malarkey. Jesus said Lazarus was asleep. The disciples didn't understand, so he told them plainly...Lazarus is dead. Jesus lived the life - so we don't have to. Jesus died a murderous death - so we don't have to. Enoch walked with God and was taken up. How much different was he vs the Israelites when they heard the voice of God?

It's not about us - it's not about us going to heaven in the afterlife. It's about God coming to earth to live his life with you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2023, 02:06 PM
    So, waltero, your conclusion (in plain English and understandable terms) is....

Sep 14, 2023, 02:09 PM
    It's not about us - it's not about us going to heaven in the afterlife. It's about God coming to earth to live his life with you.

What's it going to be like? And I knew this man, if in a body or if without the body, I do not know. 2 Corinthians 12:3

You are thinking carnally.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2023, 03:05 PM
    God HAS been living with me and in me since I was born!

No, that's what YOU are doing!
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2023, 03:32 PM
    just as the two of you are deceiving yourselves.
    If believing the Bible is being deceived, then I plead guilty.

As to a life after this one, Jesus had this to say. "Don’t let your heart be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to myself, so that where I am you may be also." Now I realize you frequently seem to place but little value on the Bible, but it does certainly seem that you see this differently than Jesus did.

Even the text you quoted does not support you. "And I knew this man, if in a body or if without the body, I do not know. 2 Corinthians 12:3." You did not give the entire quote because, I suppose, it does not support your ideas. "2 I know a man in Christ who was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know; God knows. 3 I know that this man—whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know; God knows— 4 was caught up into paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a human being is not allowed to speak." Very plainly Paul was not on this earth in that experience. He was in a "third heaven" which he referred to as "Paradise".

Walter, your basic problem here is that you expect us to agree with your beliefs simply because they are your beliefs. I hope you realize that you must have far more than that.

Yes, we do already have the life of Christ. That is not the issue at all.

Sep 14, 2023, 06:36 PM
    @JL
    You are upside down. Paul was saying that life is not a matter of the flesh. He mentioned that [a man in Christ] was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Being in his body he did not know because his life is in Jesus, and his body doesn't exist. He could not tell the difference because he did not live according to the flesh.
    No, that's what YOU are doing!
    Do not love this World or the things of this World. We do not belong to this world. We belong to the Kingdom of Heaven (try convincing others of that fact)...believe it.
    Gotta go with WG on this one
    . You go with her. I'll go with God. :-P
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2023, 08:08 PM
    Being in his body he did not know because his life is in Jesus, and his body doesn't exist.
    Paul's body did not exist??? Just nonsensical.

I'll go with God.
    I seriously wish you would, but to go with God you have to go with the Bible. That is the very thing you are unwilling to do. Still, I do hope to see you go in that direction.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 11:33 AM
    Well, it would seem that Walter has disappeared again. It does get frustrating to try and have a discussion with a person who does not seem to like having his ideas questioned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Afterlife and about spirits [ 6 Answers ]

Why do I feel spirits and not see the? Why do they come when I'm sleeping? What does it mean when I can't move,cant speak, heart beats fast and my eyes role back?

I want to know if there is shopping in the afterlife? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that when I fall asleep at night, I visit the astral world. Sometimes, I am hanging out with deceased friends by swimming and exploring areas of the this world. One thing that baffles me is that I see shops and restaurants that I enter with my friends. They sit down to eat or shop but I can...

Is there an afterlife? [ 54 Answers ]

Do you believe in a life after death? Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life? I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard...

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search