Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 17, 2023, 05:34 PM
    Honestly - what is the matter with you?
    I have never once said that Adam was non-binary.
    I never said you did.

In case you have forgotten, and can't understand what it is I'm talking about. You said that you have never said such and such. And you went on to say; that you would have never mentioned whether anybody else from this site has said such and such because you couldn't possibly know what somebody might or might not have said, in the many discussions coming from this forum. Yet you keep saying that! you continue to say that nobody from this site has ever said that. As if you wouldn't be involved in a discussion with such dribble

And what business do you have saying - "I never said" - when you said; "I never said; No one here has stated that or said anything to that effect...not even once, have I ever made such a statement."

And I just posted you saying that. I quoted that very statement in one of your earlier posts in a different thread.
    In what way do you think I see it?
    Exacly! You are looking with your eyes.
    This might help search.
    The two of you were discussing the Gospel being binary or nonbinary.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2023, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Please explain what that means. Living things, not books or teachings, are binary or non-binary. (Do you know what binary/non-binary means?)

And please give us the title of the AMHD question this "discussion" is in.

Sep 17, 2023, 06:03 PM
    And please give us the title of the AMHD question this "discussion" is in
    It would not be in your best interest to find it. It would only prove you wrong.
    At this point, I really don't care. Neither you nor JL knows what you're talking about.

Regardless if we find it or not, the two of you will stick to your guns and deny anything was ever mentioned (just like the above statement that JL said he never!).

It's the same thing when I mentioned Paul's body was non-existent. You don't get it. you will pretend you don't know what it is I'm talking about. When in fact Paul didn't know if he was in his body or not ("or not" -The possibility of his body not existing for that moment, seemed utterly blasphemous to you). When you run into a burning fire to rescue your cat, you might not pay any attention to the fire or your body. But when God tells you to run into a burning building, you will always consider what the fire will do to your body...unless you are walking with God. How likely are you going to convince somebody to run into a blazing furnace? How likely are "you" going to verbally convince a nonbeliever that God exists? can't be done... that's why apologetics is a miss. It's good for some things, but it is not where we should put our hope.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2023, 06:17 PM
    Waltero, your avoiding my question sounds like you don't know what binary and non-binary mean. Gender binary, not mathematical binary.

Sep 17, 2023, 06:26 PM
    In your discussion with JL, it sounded like you didn't know the Gospel.
    You yourself didn't understand the Gospel as being binary.

(really, do we need to go through this again?)

I never know where you're coming from WG. So I try to avoid you whenever possible...sorry.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2023, 06:49 PM
    Waltero, how is the Gospel binary? Or non-binary?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2023, 07:36 PM
    In case you have forgotten, and can't understand what it is I'm talking about. You said that you have never said such and such. And you went on to say; that you would have never mentioned whether anybody else from this site has said such and such because you couldn't possibly know what somebody might or might not have said, in the many discussions coming from this forum. Yet you keep saying that! you continue to say that nobody from this site has ever said that. As if you wouldn't be involved in a discussion with such dribble

And what business do you have saying - "I never said" - when you said; "I never said; No one here has stated that or said anything to that effect...not even once, have I ever made such a statement."
    It has been explained to you. You choose to ignore the explanation. Your choice.

You said earlier, " Like I said before, and keep on saying...You can't convince (not in the way in which you think) an unbeliever." I'm just wondering what you believe I'm thinking about convincing unbelievers since I don't know what you mean by that.

This might help search.
    I looked up every place I have mentioned "non-binary". At no place is there a reference to a "Gospel being nonbinary", so I don't know what you are referring to. To call the Gospel "non-binary" makes no sense to me.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...rchid=15305045

Sep 18, 2023, 12:46 PM
    To call the Gospel "non-binary" makes no sense to me.
    Well, at the time - you seemed to have a hard time convincing WG that it was a binary Gospel... until I entered the discussion (hard to believe, right).
    Do you know that tomorrow you will forget 40% of what you were doing today?
    You choose to ignore the explanation
    An explanation would only work for you. The fact of the matter is; that you said - X - and you claimed you had never (not even once) said - "X."Nothing you say can divert the fact that you have been proven a liar. I use the word "liar" because you are in denial. Because you honestly believe an explanation can put you in the right...when you have been proven wrong. You've been engaging in some pretty silly discussions...this is one of them...Convincing yourself that you are not in error is tragic. Continuing to try and convince others is detrimental.

What good is that link?

Maybe try searching "Binary Gospel"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2023, 01:05 PM
    Waltero, we were discussing binary people, not Gospel.

Please quote what JL said, or at least tell us where it is.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 01:07 PM
    Well, at the time - you seemed to have a hard time convincing WG that it was a binary Gospel... until I entered the discussion (hard to believe, right).
    Do you know that tomorrow you will forget 40% of what you were doing today?
    I gave you a search link above to show that I have not mentioned a "binary Gospel". I can do no more for you. Now you and WG talked about it as the search below will show you if you have the time to look at it. You will note that I was not involved in your conversation. Is this part of the 40% you are mistaken about???

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...rchid=15306921

I have already search for it and came up with the link above. But you are secure in your fantasy world, so I can't help you.

When you find that place where WG or I spoke of "Adom" being binary, or of God marrying Mary, be sure to let us know. I will patiently wait.

Sep 18, 2023, 01:10 PM
    Paul's body did not exist??? Just nonsensical.
    So you're going to straighten Paul out?
    If believing the Bible is being deceived, then I plead guilty.
    Jl, It's more than a belief, it's much more than believing. It's more than a doctrine, it's more than a creed, it's more than a body, it's a life. A living being that is in you. You don't believe in it, you live it. A Christian doesn't say [to themselves] "I love God," Their heart cries aloud - why don't I love God more than I do?

Look at what? the link is blank. Besides, I could care less what it is you're going on about. The fact of the matter is, there is a lot of silly goings on around here...And you are just as guilty as the lot of us.
    When you find that place where WG or I spoke of
    Here we go again. What happened to "Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect"???

Give it up already.

Good day
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 01:15 PM
    Please quote what JL said, or at least tell us where it is.
    Don't hold your breath, WG.

So you're going to straighten Paul out?
    Paul never said his body did not exist. You're simply making that up. What he DID say was that he was taken up into the presence of God (the third heaven), but he did not know if it was just his spirit or if he was still in his body, a body which you absurdly claim does not even exist. The text reads, "I know a man in Christ who was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know; God knows."

Jl, It's more than a belief, it's much more than believing. It's more than a doctrine, it's more than a creed, it's more than a body, it's a life. A living being that is in you. You don't believe in it, you live it. A Christian doesn't say [to themselves] "I love God," Their heart cries aloud - why don't I love God more than I do?
    What does that have to do with believing the Bible, a Bible which, as usual, you did not bother to refer to? For instance, where does the Bible tell us, "A Christian doesn't say [to themselves] 'I love God.'"
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 01:27 PM
    This whole thread is in the same place the thread about hell was in. When told by some here that hell was not a real place, I quoted over thirty passages of scripture, involving more than a hundred verses, which affirmed it does exist, only to be told I was "cherry-picking". In your case, Walter, you simply ignore what you don't like. Your beliefs do not seem to me to be based on Bible teaching at all.

Here we go again. What happened to "Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect"???

Give it up already.
    Just trying to give you a chance as did WG. I knew in advance that you would not take it.'

This link works fine for me. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...rchid=15306921

Sep 18, 2023, 01:50 PM
    "Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect"???
    This is only one example. In an earlier post, you stated that you never said this (above). I did a search and here it is (see above)
    The text reads, "I know a man in Christ
    Who's body was he in?

your link
    I get nothing but a blank page. Maybe you could tell me what thread it is under?

As far as the (Athos) Mary being married to God thing. Maybe this will help. - So that Mary could bear Jesus. Jesus could not have been born from a sinful mother.

WG, I don't know verbatim what was said. I don't know what thread it was under.

@JL. When I mentioned (earlier thread) why I believe in the Bible, and you brought up Circular reasoning - in that thread somebody had mentioned that apologetics had brought them back (saved them). Come to a later thread you said - "Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect." That is what started all this. Out of respect to the blogger, I didn't want to repost his (diminishing a heartfelt experience) emotional response. I'm sure if you do a search you will easily find it. Or if I do a tedious search, I'm sure I can find it. I already posted a thread from you that you said you never (not even once) said.

If it will shut you up, I will gladly Search and destroy your entire argument. The fact is, WG had taken the position (for the sake of argument or whatever) that Adam [might] had been created Non-binary. Also somewhere along the discussion (entirely different), Athos had dropped in there - God was married (with his spirit) to Mary, in order for a mother (to be a legit mother, I assume) to give birth to a sinless child.

Everything thought up and discussed (here) is carnal in nature. Apologetics is largely to convince the carnal mind to believe...believe in what? To convince your mind that the Bible is the actual word of God? So what, even the demons believe that.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 02:35 PM
    Who's body was he in?
    You mean Paul? Whose body was Paul in? Is that what you are seriously asking?

You set the parameter "the two of you". I was responding to that. My response was imprecise, so I will happily plead guilty to that. I guess I just assumed everyone here would know that neither I nor anyone else has a full knowledge of what dozens if not hundreds of people have posted on this site. At any rate, you have failed to point out a single quote where either of us said what you alleged.

Or if I do a tedious search, I'm sure I can find it.
    I encourage you to do that. Searches on this site are actually very easy. The search app is very good.

If it will shut you up, I will gladly Search and destroy your entire argument.
    First of all, I don't even know what "argument" you are referring to. But even at that, if you mean your idea that "the two of us" might have suggested that "Adom" was non-binary, then I would like to see it. We have asked you to do so repeatedly. Please do.

I don't know why my search link is not working unless it has to be logged in as me to work. But the search is simple. Go to "search" at the top, select "advanced search", and then put in the word(s) and user ID you want to search for. Do yourself a favor and tell it to search for "posts". The results are much easier to deal with.

Of course, the alternative would be for us to discuss something meaningful. Perhaps this.
    Paul never said his body did not exist. You're simply making that up. What he DID say was that he was taken up into the presence of God (the third heaven), but he did not know if it was just his spirit or if he was still in his body, a body which you absurdly claim does not even exist. The text reads, "I know a man in Christ who was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know; God knows."
    Even better, maybe you could tell us what it is that you find so irritating. I've seen angry people on this board before, but I could always tell what they were angry about. With you, and I say this respectfully, it is difficult.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 02:42 PM
    This must be the "circular reasoning" post you are referring to. You were definitely guilty of circular reasoning in that post, but even at that, I don't see what it has to do with the present thread.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...10#post3891810

This was the post.

Circular reasoning, is it not?

"Why do I trust the Bible?" "Because I trust God."

"How do I know about God?" "I discover God in the Bible which I trust."

"But how can I know I should trust the Bible?" "By trusting in the God I read about in the Bible."

And on and on it would go.

Sep 18, 2023, 02:48 PM
    With you, and I say this respectfully, it is difficult.
    Because I know I don't need to be on this site. Because every time I leave, it draws me back in... much like Sin. The discussions here are fruitless. The earlier ones (with Athos) I enjoyed. But with the three or four supposed Christians?
    Neither I nor anyone else has a full knowledge of what dozens if not hundreds of people have posted on this site.
    Then why would you ever respond ("Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect") as if you have full knowledge of whatever comes down the pike?
    Whose body was Paul in? Is that what you are seriously asking?
    Are you in Christ? Whose body are you in?
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 02:57 PM
    Then why would you ever respond ("Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect") as if you have full knowledge of whatever comes down the pike?
    Because you had limited it to, "the two of you", as has been explained to you ENDLESSLY. But as I said, my language was imprecise, so I plead guilty to that. As I said, I would imagine that any thinking person would know that no one has any idea what perhaps hundreds of people have posted over the past ten or twenty years. Still, I should have been more careful.

Are you in Christ?
    I am in Christ and Christ is in me.
    Whose body are you in?
    I am in my body. Paul was in Paul's body. Jesus was in his body. Peter was in Peter's body. Is this really difficult??? For you to suggest Paul's body did not even exist was just ridiculous. I can only assume you meant to say something else.

1. Now this man acquired a field with his unrighteous wages. He fell headfirst, his body burst open and his intestines spilled out.
    2. Acts 5:6
      The young men got up, wrapped his body, carried him out, and buried him.
    3. Acts 9:40
      Peter sent them all out of the room. He knelt down, prayed, and turning toward the body said, “Tabitha, get up.” She opened her eyes, saw Peter, and sat up.
    4. Romans 4:19
      He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body to be already dead (since he was about a hundred years old) and also the deadness of Sarah’s womb.
    5. Romans 6:6
      For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be rendered powerless so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin,

Now yes, I am part of the body of Christ, but clearly that was not Paul's reference in the 2 Corinthians passage, for we Christians are ALWAYS part of that body.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2023, 03:04 PM
    But with the three or four supposed Christians?
    What makes you question that?

Sep 18, 2023, 03:14 PM
    I am in my body.
    I don't have time to explain the Body of Christ. Chances are your Carnal mind and body wouldn't pick up on it anyway.
    What makes you question that?
    Because I have to question whether any (including me) Christian should be engaged in such a waste of time, as here. There might have been a time when I learned something while coming here. That time has long passed. This Forum will slowly wither away, and I can't help but think of the poor souls that are going down with the ship.

You act as if every thread is a separate topic. All "Christian" topics (in this forum) are of the same thread. So when you say "here," as in - Nobody here has ever said anything to that effect. - it encompasses all threads of the same category, nature, and book (for me anyway).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Afterlife and about spirits [ 6 Answers ]

Why do I feel spirits and not see the? Why do they come when I'm sleeping? What does it mean when I can't move,cant speak, heart beats fast and my eyes role back?

I want to know if there is shopping in the afterlife? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that when I fall asleep at night, I visit the astral world. Sometimes, I am hanging out with deceased friends by swimming and exploring areas of the this world. One thing that baffles me is that I see shops and restaurants that I enter with my friends. They sit down to eat or shop but I can...

Is there an afterlife? [ 54 Answers ]

Do you believe in a life after death? Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life? I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard...

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search