Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2023, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Well, it would seem that Walter has disappeared again. It does get frustrating to try and have a discussion with a person who does not seem to like having his ideas questioned.
    A discussion doesn't include criticisms and put-downs of the other person(s). (Yes, I'm guilty of that too.) We should go with comments/questions such as, "Please explain" and "What evidence do you have?".
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2023, 12:35 PM
    It does get frustrating to try and have a discussion
    There is no discussion between us. I simply say something and you thwart it as nonsense. You simply don't understand what it is I am saying.

Take WG for instance; "you're thinking carnally." - "No I'm not, you are."

Okay, let me explain. (WG)"I wonder what the afterlife will be like." That is her Carnal body speaking. I tell you it will be much like it is (spiritually)in the here and now. Your body won't matter, and your carnality is non-existent...because in this life, we have put off the flesh (died to self, to the carnal nature).

Same thing with Paul (when he was caught up) His carnal flesh was irrelevant. He didn't know, he didn't care whether he was in his body or not...It went unnoticed... non-existent.

I believe I mentioned Enoch - He walked with God. When walking with God, you will not be swayed one way or the other. You are walking with God and all else is non-material.

I'm surprised neither of you picked up an argument when I mentioned that Jesus was only able to start his ministry once he gained the Holy Spirit...and here we have WG telling us God has been with her since she was Born. Yes, and I believe God was with Jesus before he was conceived...yet it means nothing until you receive the Holy Spirit.

I come on this site every now and again to try and set you straight. You're constantly getting into these Carnal arguments trying to convince each other...

Tomder55 posts keep me coming back to this site...keeps me informed.
    Every now and then I read one of your two posts and feel I should interject.

@jlisenbe: You sound like a Democrat when you keep saying that nobody here has ever posted anything of that nature. Just like a Dem, every time somebody mentions a fact, they simply respond - "Nope," no it isn't, isn't true.

The fact is, both of you have entertained the possibility of Adom being... When Athos was talking about being born of a sinful nature, he mentioned that God had to be married to Mother Mary in order to impregnate Her.

How is anybody able to converse with somebody who doesn't even remember a discussion they were involved in, much less deny it?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 01:13 PM
    Same thing with Paul (when he was caught up) His carnal flesh was irrelevant. He didn't know, he didn't care whether he was in his body or not...It went unnoticed... non-existent.
    But that's not what you said. You claimed, "...his body doesn't exist," so you need to agree with yourself before you post. His body was never, "nonexistent".

You sound like a Democrat when you keep saying that nobody here has ever posted anything of that nature. Just like a Dem, every time somebody mentions a fact, they simply respond - "Nope," no it isn't, isn't true.

The fact is, both of you have entertained the possibility of Adom being... When Athos was talking about being born of a sinful nature, he mentioned that God had to be married to Mother Mary in order to impregnate Her.
    I will be charitable and say that you are greatly mistaken when you suggest I have "entertained" the idea of Adam being non-binary, or that I "keep saying that nobody here ever posted anything of that nature." I never said any such thing about "nobody here", and I have never suggested Adam was non-binary. Never happened, so please stop with the fake news. As for Athos, he is dead and gone, and I certainly have no intention of defending his statements.

I believe I mentioned Enoch - He walked with God. When walking with God, you will not be swayed one way or the other. You are walking with God and all else is non-material.
    That is your opinion, but the Bible never says, "When walking with God, you will not be swayed one way or the other. You are walking with God and all else is non-material." It is an unbiblical teaching. Now if you want to say that the spiritual is of a much greater importance, then I would agree completely with that, but as you often seem to do, you take the point much too far. But if you really believe what you said, then try doing without air and food for a month and see what happens. After all, that is merely that "non-material" stuff. Right?

Sep 16, 2023, 02:28 PM
    You continue to live in the material world. When you simply entertain the hypothesis (WG, Athos, etc.) you fall into error.
    There is no life outside of Jesus. We do not live according to this world and its desires. This world and everything attributed to it is going to die.
    But if you really believe what you said, then try doing without air and food for a month and see what happens.
    What does that matter? See what happens, why don't you tell me what happens?
    You're living, thinking carnally. A Christian knows what will happen and would not be afraid...such as you are.
    Don't be afraid. Let it go.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 03:42 PM
    You continue to live in the material world.
    As do you and every other human being.

There is no life outside of Jesus. We do not live according to this world and its desires. This world and everything attributed to it is going to die.
    With this statement, I think you are correct. It's when you go bonkers and suggest that the body does not exist that you get into trouble.

A Christian knows what will happen and would not be afraid...such as you are.
    Don't be afraid. Let it go.
    You are cooking up stories again. I've said nothing about being afraid. Please learn to be truthful. It is just silly for me to have to correct your fables over and over again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2023, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    You continue to live in the material world. When you simply entertain the hypothesis (WG, Athos, etc.) you fall into error.
    What does this mean? -- "entertain the hypothesis"

You're living, thinking carnally. A Christian knows what will happen and would not be afraid.
    What will happen?
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 03:52 PM
    WG, I think he is referring to the made up story that you or I considered Adam to be non-binary, or that God (or someone) married Mary. He has been told repeatedly that I have not said that, and I don't believe you have either. I don't know why he persists in it. His latest maneuver was to suggest that Athos said it. Who knows?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2023, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    WG, I think he is referring to the made up story that you or I considered Adam to be non-binary, or that God (or someone) married Mary. He has been told repeatedly that I have not said that, and I don't believe you have either. I don't know why he persists in it. His latest maneuver was to suggest that Athos said it. Who knows?
    I put on my librarian hat and did a bit of research in this site -- and found this, posted on July 17, 2022, a response by WG:

"Adam and Eve used their God-given free will to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. And then the universe became subject to endless possibilities, including the fact that both sex and gender are now on a spectrum."

I can't find anything non binary posted by Athos except comments about trans women competing in sports on women's teams.

And no, I've never considered Adam as being non binary. Wikipedia defines non binary as: "Non-binary gender is an umbrella term for gender identities that are not male or female, such as androgynous, agender, bigender, or genderqueer."

It seems from reading the Genesis 1-3, the Creation story, that God had plans that a human male creation and a human female creation would mate and produce offspring so the Earth would begin to be populated.

Sep 16, 2023, 04:57 PM
    I have trouble navigating around this site. It takes me a long time to find previous posts.
    I remember all of you going on about something to do with; The nature of Sin and being Born in the nature of sin. Trying to figure out If Jesus was born in Sin. HE mentioned (somewhere along the way) that in order for the Holy Spirit to impregnate Mary, God had to be married to Mother Mary.
    I also remember the two of you going off about this or that being nonbinary or binary or whatever. I interjected that it was binary...Got a thank you from JL and we left it at that.

Maybe Neither of you was suggesting that being true or false. You might have simply been yammering on about nothing (in your mind). Do you remember when the Sadducees asked Jesus a question? They asked him a question about something they didn't even believe in.

You are so involved with your mind that you can't see straight. Your education has ruined you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2023, 05:03 PM
    I have trouble navigating around this site. It takes me a long time to find previous posts.
    I remember all of you going on about something to do with; The nature of Sin and being Born in the nature of sin. Trying to figure out If Jesus was born in Sin. HE mentioned (somewhere along the way) that in order for the Holy Spirit to impregnate Mary, God had to be married to mother Mary.
    I also remember the two of you going off about this or that being nonbinary or binary or whatever. I interjected that it was binary.
    Nope, I know how to search and navigate. Those "goings off" did not happen, or at least not the way you remember. Will continue to search.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 06:00 PM
    WG is right. I don't know who had those discussions, or if they even occurred, but it did not involve me suggesting Adam was non-binary or the silly suggestion that Jesus was born in sin and God marrying Mary.

You really need to learn to tell the truth before speculating on education ruining others. What caused you to start posting so much fake news?

Sep 16, 2023, 06:17 PM
    but it did not involve me suggesting Adam was non-binary or the silly suggestion that Jesus was born in sin and God marrying Mary.
    I never said you (you specifically) suggested anything of the sort.
    The Jesus Born in or Out of Sin was me making reference to the discussion that was taking place...to help you find the thread. WG going off about nonbinary, Alagory, unconditional love, etc. Is her usual stance.

You have entertained such discussions. And you might have simply (for the sake of argument) entertained the premise.
    There was a discussion where Athos mentioned God being married to Mother Mary - the discussion went on and nobody picked up on it. Much the same when DW asked a question and I jumped right in, asking if it was an honest question. You all declared I was ridiculous and that it was 100% an honest and valid question...when two threads down, DW said (unbeknownst to all) that it wasn't even a question! It was right there in black and white, I quoted said post and you all simply acted like it didn't matter what he said.

Do you realize people jump into these discussions not reading the 20 pages before a statement is made?
    Why entertain such silly discourse?
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 06:37 PM
    I never said you (you specifically) suggested anything of the sort.
    Walter, you most certainly did.

"What gets me is when the two of you go off on some cockamamy discussions about God married Mary, Adom was non-binary."

"The fact is, both of you have entertained the possibility of Adom being..."

Thankfully, you have now seen your error. Your statements are completely false.

You have entertained such discussions. And you might have simply (for the sake of argument) entertained the premise.
    There was a discussion where Athos mentioned God being married to Mother Mary - the discussion went on and nobody picked up on it.
    You have much to learn about honesty. Nobody picked up on it? Well, maybe that was because nobody agreed with it. Anyone here will tell you that I was no ally of Athos. We disagreed far more than we agreed. Learn to be accurate in your observations,.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 06:49 PM
    @jlisenbe: You sound like a Democrat when you keep saying that nobody here has ever posted anything of that nature. Just like a Dem, every time somebody mentions a fact, they simply respond - "Nope," no it isn't, isn't true.
    Another wild tale. Not only have I not kept saying that "nobody here ever posted anything of that nature," I never even said it once. My statement concerned WG, me, and no one else. It had nothing to do with "nobody here". If you really think you can, "come on this site every now and again to try and set you straight," then maybe you need to set yourself straight first.

Sep 16, 2023, 06:53 PM
    "nobody here ever posted anything of that nature," I never even said it once
    You didn't use the word "Nature." but you most certainly said it.

When talking to a flat Earhter, DO you find it entertaining? Is it at all educational?
    Or maybe you wouldn't even attempt talking to a flat earther? My point is simple; How are you going to explain to somebody that hell is real? Have you ever been to hell? Do you believe in hell...I mean believe in hell the same as you believe in God?
    You are trying to convince others because you need to convince yourself. We all need to seek a personal relationship with God. It has been said that you can become closer to the Bible than you can to your own wife. You must believe the Bible is the seed of life...beyond all understanding. Your flesh is of little value. Discard the flesh and live in the spirit. when living in the Spirit, you will not be concerned with air, food, or time. Time has no relevance, your death means nothing.
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2023, 07:03 PM
    You must believe the Bible is the seed of life...beyond all understanding.
    So you are saying you don't understand the Bible?

I believe in hell because Jesus clearly taught there is a hell.

You didn't use the word "Nature." but you most certainly said it.
    I said it, but I didn't use it? Do you realize what a contradictory statement that is? And I don't say that to be mean, but in hopes that you will see how incoherent sometimes you are. At any rate, the key element was "nobody here", not the word "nature". Please pay attention.

Sep 17, 2023, 01:56 PM
    At any rate, the key element was "nobody here", not the word "nature".
    If the keyword was not nature, then how does it become contradictory?
    The key element was "nobody here
    That's what we were talking about. And yes you did say it. I was amazed that you said it when you said it. And it appears to me every time you say something to that same effect..." I never said that"...nor has anybody on this site.

Quote by JL (jlisenbe); "No one here has stated that or said anything to that effect."
    Topic: Quora question from an agnostic/atheist regarding the Book of Revelation.
    post 2:10

This would not be the First time you said this.

You are involved in so many discussions on this Forum, that you Couldn't possibly remember what has been said by you or others.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2023, 03:31 PM
    You had claimed, "What gets me is when the two of you go off on some cockamamy discussions about God married Mary, Adom was non-binary." I replied, "No one here has ever claimed either of those to be the case, so I have no idea where you got that from." Neither WG or I (the two of you) ever said such a thing. Period. Then you tried to claim it was Athos, but you don't really know if that's true either. For that matter, it seems you can't point out any place where anyone here ever made that claim.

As to the hundreds of others who used to post here, I don't know what they have said, but since the topic involved only, "the two of you", then your statement is wrong. I don't think either of us ever said anything of that sort. Your imagination has gotten away with you.

Nearly three years ago I posted, "You flippant attitude is unappealing. There are no "non-binary types" in the Bible. It plainly condemns sex outside of marriage and plainly defines marriage as between a man and a woman." Now how you got from there to me suggesting that Adam was non-binary must have been quite the adventure. WG's claim has been that after Genesis 3, the whole non-binary deal was set in motion. That might very well be true since sin does a lot of things, but it doesn't amount to her saying that Adam was non-binary. Yet even if it did, we discuss things here. It's what we do. If you don't like the discussion, then don't engage in it.

And why we are even talking about this is beyond me.

Sep 17, 2023, 04:16 PM
    JL Quote: Not only have I not kept saying that "nobody here ever posted anything of that nature," """I never even said it once""" (At any rate, the key element was "nobody here", not the word "nature".)
    JL Quote:"No one here has stated that or said anything to that effect."
    You just said you had never posted such a statement...Here it is.
    Topic: Quora question from an agnostic/atheist regarding the Book of Revelation.
    post 2:10
    JL posted - quote: "No one here has stated that or said anything to that effect." - And he continues to believe he never said any such thing - JL posted - Quote: "I never even said it once." end Quote.

You continue to waver JL. Now you're back to your original "nobody here has ever said such a thing".

As long as it's settled in your mind...This is your Carnal mind speaking.

I'm sure if I did some research I could find it. But the fact of the matter is - your response would be the same as you are doing here. Like I said before, and keep on saying...You can't convince (not in the way in which you think) an unbeliever.

Your heated discussions have run you ragged.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2023, 05:05 PM
    I have never once said that Adam was non-binary. What is so difficult about that for you to understand? I am wavering about nothing.

I'm sure if I did some research I could find it.
    I don't think you can do the research, but if you did, you would find nothing from me. (Hint: I've already done it.)

Like I said before, and keep on saying...You can't convince (not in the way in which you think) an unbeliever.
    In what way do you think I see it?

To this day, I cannot figure out what you are so upset about. This ("What gets me is when the two of you go off on some cockamamy discussions about God married Mary, Adom was non-binary.") can't be it since "the two of us" have not said that Adam was non-binary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Afterlife and about spirits [ 6 Answers ]

Why do I feel spirits and not see the? Why do they come when I'm sleeping? What does it mean when I can't move,cant speak, heart beats fast and my eyes role back?

I want to know if there is shopping in the afterlife? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that when I fall asleep at night, I visit the astral world. Sometimes, I am hanging out with deceased friends by swimming and exploring areas of the this world. One thing that baffles me is that I see shops and restaurants that I enter with my friends. They sit down to eat or shop but I can...

Is there an afterlife? [ 54 Answers ]

Do you believe in a life after death? Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life? I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard...

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search