Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2023, 04:31 AM
    Freedom of Religion Prevails
    Joseph Kennedy was terminated from his high school football coaching position after he continued to conduct post-game prayers with students.
    Kennedy is now set to receive $1.7 million after the Bremerton School Board in Washington state accepted a settlement. He will also get his job back starting this upcoming season.
    The school board's decision follows the Supreme Court’s ruling in June that Kennedy’s prayer groups were protected by the First Amendment.
    The prayers referred to were taking place AFTER games were concluded. The coach would kneel on the field and any players who wanted to would pray with him. That the school district thought they could fire him for this was outrageous. Thank goodness the Constitution came riding to the rescue.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/high-...ion-settlement
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2023, 04:45 AM
    The whole stadium should join him in prayer . The new season starts tonight .
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2023, 03:49 AM
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 05:21 AM
    What a great pic. It does show that we better stand firm in our convictions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 09:39 AM
    The pastors and other religious leaders I have known would say this should be done privately, maybe in the locker room. Otherwise, it's show-off time.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 09:55 AM
    Jesus did most of his ministry publicly, so was he in "show-off time"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 10:12 AM
    Did that player do like Jesus did and invite the multitude to pray with him?
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 10:17 AM
    He is not a player, he is a coach. And yes, he did make it known that others could pray with him and many, as I understand it, did. Not sure why there is no one present in the pic above.

Would love to get an answer this. "Jesus did most of his ministry publicly, so was he in "show-off time"?

https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/coach-...right-to-pray/

Name:  prayer.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  84.5 KB
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Would love to get an answer this. "Jesus did most of his ministry publicly, so was he in "show-off time"?
    And I answered.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 10:38 AM
    I asked, "Jesus did most of his ministry publicly, so was he in "show-off time"?

Your "answer" was, "Did that player do like Jesus did and invite the multitude to pray with him?"

Perhaps you need to do some work on understanding the meaning of "answer"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 11:16 AM
    And you figuring out what a superfluous question is.

Answer: No! No show-off was going on. Jesus invited the multitude to pray with Him.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2023, 11:58 AM
    I could care less if he prayed by himself or if the whole stadium participated . What is important is that he courageously fought for his basic 1st amendment liberties for almost a decade and prevailed . BRAVO !!!!!
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 12:02 PM
    Tom, great answer. If we don’t stand for those rights we will lose them.

WG. Classic double standard.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 12:29 PM
    JL, you have no clue. Read your Bible.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 12:42 PM
    Double…standard. It shows why you hate to answer questions. It’s the ole backfire.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Double…standard. It shows why you hate to answer questions. It’s the ole backfire.
    I did answer.

"Answer: No! No show-off was going on. Jesus invited the multitude to pray with Him."
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 03:16 PM
    You answered after I pressed, and then your answer was wrong. Jesus prayed many times in public without inviting participation, so your observation makes no sense. Like I said, it backfired.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2023, 03:21 PM
    Were you there?

He had invited enough times, so participation was a given.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2023, 03:52 PM
    Oh? When did he invite participation? Honest question. And please don’t suggest I go look it up. You claim he did it "enough times", so you surely must be able to identify several times where he did. Please be specific, because I'm pretty sure I can point out a number of times where he did NOT invite participation, and thus would have been, in your view, showing off.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2023, 04:31 PM
    The answer is no ;he NEVER invited participation or pressured anyone to join . That being said he never refused to pray with someone .

21-418 Kennedy v. Bremerton School Dist. (06/27/2022) (supremecourt.gov)

Students, Gorsuch wrote, were not required to participate in Kennedy’s prayer sessions, and the prayers were not publicly broadcast. He wrote that Kennedy’s prayer, on the 50-yard line immediately after games ended, occurred “while his students were otherwise occupied.”
    Supreme Court sides with Bremerton coach who prayed on 50-yard line | The Seattle Times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Justice, at least in one instance, prevails. [ 1 Answers ]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christians-arrested-maskless-outdoor-church-service-get-payout-liberal-college-town

On the far too late side, but justice finally prevails. [ 5 Answers ]

"Loudoun County Superintendent Scott Ziegler fired after grand jury report on handling of sexual assaults." What happened at that school was an outrage. Two female students were sexually assaulted because the school could not figure out that boys don't belong in the girls restroom, even if one of...

Does Freedom of Religion mean that I can BE Jew one day and BE a Christian the next?? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: To clarify, my question is NOT whether a religion would accept my conversion, but whether the GOVERNMENT would? In other words, if I'm a Muslim, and they're stopping Muslims at the border, can I convert to Christianity on the plane, and then convert again to Islam in my car on the...

Can a hindu religion marriage can be performed without any religion conversion? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a christian girl who would like to get married to a Hindu boy. My guy is not willing to get converted to Christianity by baptism but he's ready to become a member, will that be allowed?? I would like to know if it's possible to get married in a protestant church(AG). Is there any...

Moonbats logic prevails again [ 3 Answers ]

Wilders Causes Another Row. Pre-Captivity Stockholm Syndrome | The Brussels Journal In November 2008 a Dutch journalist, Joanie de Rijke, was abducted by Taliban fighters in Afghanistan. She was held captive, raped repeatedly, and released after six days for a ransom of 100,000 euros ($137,000)....

View more questions Search