Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2023, 07:34 AM
    Water Softener Adjustments ??
    Just recently had the 3 main Filters on our RO System Changed.. Hardness & Iron Content are a Big Issue in our Rural Area.. We are only 2 Adults and the Lad that changes the Filters and looks after the Water Softener made some adjustments to the Settings on the Softener.. Previously it was 775L or 14 days which ever first before a Re Gen was Triggered.. Now the Settings are 1350L or 7 days.. My Query is that previously we'd go on average 5 weeks before adding Salt. The indicator was Water showing through the salt.. Now 11 weeks and still no water showing through the Salt.. The Salt did drop approximately 7 inches and the Resin Applicator level dropped as well .. Is there more than one way to determine if Salt needs to be Added ?? Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2023, 08:07 PM
    775L or 14 days which ever first before a Re Gen was Triggered.. Now the Settings are 1350L or 7 days..
    This seems a little strange. He nearly doubled the water volume limit while cutting the time limit in half. I can only guess that the 775 liter limit (about 200 gallons) was being hit every one or two days. By doubling the volume limit, it would increase the interval to two to four days, and thus you would notice the salt level dropping more slowly because the regen would only happen half as frequently. In that scenario, the 7 or 14 days limit would be of no consequence.

I'm no expert on water softeners, but my understanding is that a regen every four to seven days is pretty much the usual timing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did my water pressure drop when I bypassed my water softener? [ 3 Answers ]

I bypassed my water softener and the water pressure in the entire house dropped. I though the opposite usually happens? Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Water softener resin clogging water supply lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have a water softener that has a resin filter that has broken numerous times due to surges in water pressure. This time we didn't realize it had broken in time to bypass the softener and avoid getting resin in the lines again. We've already flushed the resin out of the 2 toilets and 2 sinks...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Salt from water softener contaminated hot water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since I could not lift bags of salt to fill the container of my water softener, I just unplugged the softener instead of turning off the main valve; therefore, apparently the water continued to flow through the remaining salt until it was gone. In the last year, I have been through two brand new...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

View more questions Search