Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2023, 05:35 AM
    Trump is the best golfer ever

1. No one cares
    2.IF that was your score it was on the front 9 holes or you were playing a par 3 course.

3. Here are some scores of the PGA tour .
    TOUR Championship 2023 Golf Leaderboard - PGA TOUR

A round of 67 puts you in the middle of the top ranked golfers in the world .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2023, 08:21 PM
    I went to the grocery store yesterday. I hardly ever go, but man was I shocked at the costs! Baking potatoes were 2 dollars a pound, and ribeye steak was 20 bucks a pound. Just looking at the various prices made me decide I would be willing to learn to ignore Trump's many irritations in exchange for a country run properly.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2023, 04:18 AM
    We are far away from a solution. The Fed tampering in the margins is no solution. Incremental stabilization of inflation rates will not bring prices back to where they were. Think Reagan. He forced a hard recession on the nation to make his economic policies work

Short term very high interest rates ;high unemployment along with budget cuts(except military which was Reagan's version of the Inflation Reduction Act) was the bitter pill the nation swallowed for a year and a half to fix the inflation of the 1970s. Later he phased in tax cuts

This one could be worse because we are coming off a a 2 decade ,loose money, zero interest, high spending folly .
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2023, 04:30 AM
    Trump is a big government type so he is not what is needed .For all his talk ,where were the cuts in the nanny state ? Since Trump continues to command the conservative movement I have to ask if conservatives believe in small government anymore ? Where is the outrage over the debt ?

It appears to me that Trump populism is a coalition of big government social conservatives .
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2023, 04:53 AM
    Trump positives.
    1. He is committed to securing the southern border.
    2. He appointed three SCOTUS justices and 230 other fed judges, the great majority of which are young and conservative.
    3. We became energy independent.
    4. The country set record lows for unemployment.
    5. Inflation was negligible.
    6. He at least attempted to get China to play fair economically.

That's not a bad list by any means. The spending issues are very real as are debt issues, so there is work to do, but compared to what we have now, I'll jump on board if he is the nominee.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2023, 04:59 AM
    That is a given . But that is for the general election. I want a debate of the ideas and the best candidate to emerge. At this point I don't put Trump near the top. What people did in the past is all well and good . I want to know what's next.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2023, 05:09 AM
    I would agree with that. I hope the repubs will have a truly meaningful debate on the future direction of our country. I thought the first debate was a pretty good exchange and largely absent of the potshotting and interrupting that usually goes on. What is needed is for three or four of the ultra-longshots to drop out so the exchanges can become more connected.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2023, 05:34 AM
    Yes and I just as soon have Trump sit them out . I already know his campaign . He is running the martyr grievance campaign. He takes the slings and arrows so we don't have to. If he participates it will all be about him. The proof of that was in the question posed if the candidates on stage would support nominee Trump if convicted . It was DeSantis' weakest moment . He looked around the stage before raising his hand.But only Asa Hutchinson had the courage to not raise his hand. Even Christie has been the strongest vocal opponent raised his hand sorta (he later told Baier that he was waving a sign of disapproval.......lame )
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2023, 06:48 AM
    Never thought I'd see myself post this, but I sometimes miss Athos. I frequently didn't have much regard for his thinking (nor he mine, I'm sure), but at least he was willing to engage in the battle of ideas, and for that I give him credit. Same would hold true for Tal.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2023, 08:30 AM
    May Athos rest in peace (and I suspect Tal also .He was hard core in 2 fantasy sport leagues I participate in . He dropped out of sight a year ago from those leagues and have tried contacting him through his email . )

I learned a lot from both . Regards to both of them ;Excon was the toughest of the group .He is still kicking around enjoying the good life on the Baja peninsula .
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2023, 05:37 AM
    Don't recall Excon. Sorry to hear about Tal. We had some enjoyable exchanges.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2023, 06:20 AM
    Excon has libertarian views . As his name suggests he had an interesting life. He was very influential in changing my views about America's role in the world . He was hard to argue with because he left skin in the game in Vietnam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Golfer at the dentist [ 5 Answers ]

A man and his wife walked into a dentist's office. The man said to the dentist, "Doc, I'm in one heck of a hurry. I have two buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go play golf, so forget about the anesthetic, I don't have time for the gums to get numb. I just want you to pull the tooth,...

Golfer and the priest [ 1 Answers ]

A fellow was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a Second golfer approached and asked if he could join him. The first said that He usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome. They were even after the first few holes. The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how...

View more questions Search