Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2023, 07:06 AM
    Vivek posted "Truth" He cites 10 truths

TRUTH. 1. God is real. 2. There are two genders. 3. Human flourishing requires fossil fuels. 4. Reverse racism is racism. 5. An open border is no border. 6. Parents determine the education of their children. 7. The nuclear family is the greatest form of governance known to mankind. 8. Capitalism lifts people up from poverty. 9. There are three branches of the U.S. government, not four. 10. The U.S. Constitution is the strongest guarantor of freedoms in history.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2023, 08:39 AM
    That's a great list. A few comments.

1. Not real sure about number 3. It is true for the present to be sure, but I don't regard climate change as a hoax. Poorly understood science would be correct, and an exaggeration of the truth is correct, but I wouldn't be too quick to just dismiss it as irrelevant. There are a number of promising alternatives to fossil fuels, with nuclear being at the top.
    2. What fourth branch of government is he referring to ?
    3. It is tragic that he does not include a statement on the right to life.
    4. Number 7 is brilliant.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2023, 10:55 AM
    Saying it is a hoax is too harsh a term I think hewent into the debate to get instant recognition . However , he was 100% right in saying that more people will die from the progressive solutions than the problem if climate change is even a problem. Human existence on the planet is a blink of an eye in the life of the planet . We are basing dire predictions on an experience of a few thousand years ;and even fewer if we go by recorded history . Even in modern human history we have seen many climate fluctuations that happened long before we extracted oil and invented the combustion engine.

Let's look at the effect of heat and cold on humans only in our lifetime.

This is from EPA stats
    • Between 1979 and 2018, the death rate as a direct result of exposure to heat (underlying cause of death) generally hovered between 0.5 and 2 deaths per million people, with spikes in certain years (see Figure 1). Overall, a total of more than 11,000 Americans have died from heat-related causes since 1979, according to death certificates.
    • For years in which the two records overlap (1999–2018), accounting for those additional deaths in which heat was listed as a contributing factor results in a higher death rate—nearly double for some years—compared with the estimate that only includes deaths where heat was listed as the underlying cause (see Figure 1).
    • The indicator shows a peak in heat-related deaths in 2006, a year that was associated with widespread heat waves and was one of the hottest years on record in the contiguous 48 states (see the U.S. and Global Temperature indicator).
    • The death rate from heat-related cardiovascular disease ranged from 0.08 deaths per million people in 2004 to 1.08 deaths per million people in 1999 (see Figure 2). Overall, the interaction of heat and cardiovascular disease caused about one-fourth of the heat-related deaths recorded in the “underlying and contributing causes” analysis since 1999 (see Figures 1 and 2).
    Climate Change Indicators: Heat-Related Deaths | US EPA

Less than 300 deaths/year . That compares to a total of over 3million deaths in the US every year.
    FastStats - Deaths and Mortality (cdc.gov)

How about death from cold The Compost reports that 'For every death linked to heat, nine are tied to cold. '.

Where more people will die — and live — because of hotter temperatures -Washington Post

This study from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation says the ratio of people dying from cold to heat was 4-1 .

Estimating the cause-specific relative risks of non-optimal temperature on daily mortality: a two-part modelling approach applied to the Global Burden of Disease Study - The Lancet

Almost 600,000 people die globally from heat but 4.5 million from cold conditions annually

To his point about requiring fossil fuels ;the real point is that human technology and development is very dependent on what gets extracted from the earth. So called renewables still require the extraction of rare minerals for the building of the technology to generate ,transfer ,and store the energy .

The hoax is the agenda that takes $billions of taxpayer money and hands it over to the climate rent seekers.

The 4th branch is the Administrative State ;all those unelected deep state bureaucrats who write regulations faster than Steven King writes a novel....and have the power to enforce their edicts.

check out how the DOJ is punitively suing Elon Musk owned Space X on a phony pretext (not hiring refugees aka hiring too many Americans) because he dared to expose the way they collaborated with social media to cover for the Biden Crime Family
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2023, 11:43 AM
    And even with the relatively low death rate due to heat, the great likelihood would seem to be that only a very small slice of that number could be attributed to man-made CC.

The hoax is the agenda that takes $billions of taxpayer money and hands it over to the climate rent seekers.
    That's a good point, but it could be even more than that. There is a big group in DC that want to direct the lives of everyone else. Thus we have the suggestion of no more than two beers a week, and the frequently illogical insistence on abandoning fossil fuels within a completely unrealistic time frame. It's the age-old idea that, "We will tell you peons how to live." This deep-state, attempted oligarchy is wide and deep, and it's the greatest threat to freedom I know of.

The 4th branch is the Administrative State ;all those unelected deep state bureaucrats who write regulations faster than Steven King writes a novel....and have the power to enforce their edicts.
    That's really a great point that the repubs could hammer on if not for the fact that quite a number of them are right in the middle of it.

check out how the DOJ is punitively suing Elon Musk owned Space X on a phony pretext (not hiring refugees aka hiring too many Americans) because he dared to expose the way they collaborated with social media to cover for the Biden Crime Family
    Good grief this should be alarming to everyone.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2023, 02:49 PM
    I meant to post on that a couple days ago but have been trying to get stuff done early in the morning before the triple digit afternoons .
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2023, 01:39 AM
    put in new post
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2023, 04:55 AM
    Vivek schools Chris Christie and Mike Pence on election reform.

This evening, I am respectfully educating my colleagues and professional politicians in this race on existing U.S. Laws and how to reunite *all* Americans. I am offering a practical solution to address widespread concerns about U.S. election security that will help move the nation forward:1. Make Election Day a National Holiday 2. Single-Day Voting on Election Day 3. Paper Ballots 4. Government-issued photo ID matched to the voter file.In an interview on NewsNation yesterday, Mr. @GovChristie
    criticized my proposal, calling me the ‘worst of what politicians are characterized to be’ and called me ‘dangerous…Chat-GPT.’ (I kinda like this one, Chris.) The Pence campaign also stated that my proposal reflected a ‘shocking and concerning lack of understanding of how our system of government works.’While these comments reflect desperation, and they are also dead wrong. It’s a shame that Establishment politicians require basic civics lessons from a political outsider, but here goes: Consistent with the 10th Amendment, I favor advancing Congressional legislation like the conservative American Confidence in Elections Act (ACE) to set national benchmarks, even as elections continue to be managed by the states as is primarily designated by Article I, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution. For states that do not comply and use congressional authority over Washington D.C. as a laboratory for model election integrity legislation, he would also claw back already-distributed Help America Vote Act (HAVA) funding.This proposal prevents U.S. elections from poisonous federal overreach but also delivers robust, permanent reform to ensure election integrity and the peaceful transition of power do not again come into direct conflict.To Mr. Christie and Mr. Pence: you’re welcome. Please don’t make the law schools at Seton Hall and Indiana University cringe so badly for their alumni.

Vivek Ramaswamy on X: "This evening, I am respectfully educating my colleagues and professional politicians in this race on existing U.S. Laws and how to reunite *all* Americans. I am offering a practical solution to address widespread concerns about U.S. election security that will help move the…" / X (twitter.com)

Uber Member

Aug 30, 2023, 05:58 AM
    Too much sophomoric rhetoric. He needs to just put forward his ideas and leave the sniping to others. This kind of comment makes him look non-serious. "To Mr. Christie and Mr. Pence: you’re welcome. Please don’t make the law schools at Seton Hall and Indiana University cringe so badly for their alumni."

The revelation that VR has only voted in two pres elections was concerning.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2023, 06:41 AM
    He's rich millennial . It is not surprising to me that he had no interest in voting for the likes of the emperor ;McCain ;Mittens Romney Evita et al . He was too busy making a fortune.

As to his comments ; he is taking his cues from Trump who has been politically successful with that model.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2023, 07:00 AM
    I wouldn't advise anyone to take their campaign cues from Trump. Trump couldn't beat a candidate afflicted with senility who couldn't get out of his basement.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2023, 09:16 AM
    speaking of which . They are setting up a part deux with the opening salvos of mask and vaccine mandates.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2023, 10:32 AM
    I took their vaccine the first time around and rather regret it now, so I'm thinking that the wifey and I will pass on this one.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2023, 04:42 AM
    BTW Trump got almost $10 million in donations mostly from the purchase of mug shot shirts and coffee mugs . In the month of August donation topped $20 million. Vivek ;Pence and Haley got boosts in donation in the $million range .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compliant press finally figures out Herr Doctor [ 20 Answers ]

How Fauci Fooled America | Opinion (newsweek.com) Mounting evidence indicates that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity. we now know that lockdowns failed to protect high-risk older people. When confronted with the idea of focused protection of the...

Compliant Press getting ready to throw President under the bus [ 32 Answers ]

A rare example of journalism integrity and honest reporting can oly mean one thing . They are getting ready to throw Quid under the bus . The whole report by CBS included . IRS whistleblower testimony reveals sweeping misconduct in the Hunter Biden investigation - CBS News Meanwhile...

Durham beginning to identify the compliant press [ 29 Answers ]

Special council John Durham has obtained hundreds of emails between the Evita campaign and the compliant press. These emails contained what Durham says "triggered a sizeable outflow of unverified derogatory information into the media, the government, and the public about Donald Trump,that the...

Did you hear it in the compliant press ? [ 0 Answers ]

In a weeks time , 2 New Jersey Repub lawmakers were gunned down . Eunice Dwumfour from Sayreville was shot execution style February 1 . Russell Heller ,a Milford Borough Councilman was gunned down one week later by a disgruntled employee . There are plenty of local wire copy ,and the news may...

Twitter files the compliant press addition. [ 1 Answers ]

“I think we need to just call this out on the b***sh*t it is.” That was the response by Yoel Roth to requests by 'Hamilton 68', a digital “dashboard” that claimed to track Russian influence and was the source of hundreds if not thousands of mainstream print and TV news stories in the Trump...

View more questions Search