Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2023, 05:02 AM
    Clueless Joe's competent leadership and empathy .
    That is what he ran on in 2020 .

Joe Biden's endorsers highlight the same trait: Empathy | CNN Politics

Joe Biden's Empathy Offensive In the Wake of George Floyd | Time

He had decades of public service and could always give you personal tragedy sob stories.

Has he shown any of those traits as President ?

2 years ago in Kabul his leadership was demonstrated in a chaotic exit from Afghanistan and evacuation of 125,000 people. During the evacuation there was a terrorist bombing at Kabul Airport that was being used because the US had foolishly abandoned the secure Bagram base ;slipping away in the dead of night ;leaving countless US miliary hardware behind. They never even bothered to inform the base commander of the exit.
    US left Afghan airfield at night, didn't tell new commander | AP News

The attack on the Kabul airport left 13 US military personnel dead.

Clueless waited a week to address the incident . When he finally did ;he spent more than 20 minutes calling the evacuation and extraordinary success.

Remarks byem President Biden on the End of the War in Afghanistan | The White House

He showed a callous indifference to the gold star families of the incident then. They made public comment about it in Congressional testimony earlier this month.

Biden's treatment of Gold Star families under renewed scrutiny: 'Total disregard' (yahoo.com)

The Administration still denies that there is any merit to the criticism of their performance.
    John Kirby ;one of the Administration's spokespersons said
    "For all this talk of chaos, I just didn't see it, not from my perch,"

This is part of a pattern of a lack of empathy to victims of tragedy by Clueless Joe .

February a Norfolk-Southern train derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, causing the spillage of thousands of gallons of hazardous chemicals into the air(from a "controlled burn " that for many miles looked like a nuclear mushroom cloud . The chemicals seeped into the soil and water in Columbiana County, Ohio. It took Clueless 18 days to make any public comment . He finally did in a tweet. He eventually promised to visit the site after facing days of criticism for not doing so. He has yet to visit even though that region is where he claims his roots.

Joe Biden on X: "Empathy matters. Compassion matters. We have to reach out to one another and heal this country — and that’s what I’ll do as president. https://t.co/XVDnUc32Ij" / X (twitter.com)

While Maui burned ,Clueless Joe was tanning on a beach in Delaware. The death toll piled up over 100 and there are over a thousand unaccounted for .Instead of saying something resembling care and compassion for the people of Maui he said 'no comment ' when asked about it.
    Many days later a tweet was made on his behalf.
    President Biden on X: "As residents of Hawai'i mourn the loss of life and devastation taking place across their beautiful home, we mourn with them. Like I've said, not only our prayers are with those impacted – but every asset we have will be available to them. Here's the latest:" / X (twitter.com)

The White House then announced he was travelling to Lake Tahoe where he vacationed AGAIN .This time at the $18 million home of Dem donor Tom Steyer.

But Hawaii is after all the home of his boss ,the emperor . So he briefly cut his vacation short for a quick photo op in Maui. He got a chance to yuck it up commenting on the hot ground.
    Libby Emmons on X: "Biden jokes: “That’s a hot ground” while visiting Maui. https://t.co/wNq8ZrddAN" / X (twitter.com)

But he knows what they are going through because he once had a house fire that almost cost him his Corvette.

Joe Biden Comparing Maui Fires to Almost Losing His Corvette Sparks Fury (newsweek.com)

Remember the grief GW Bush got for his response to Katrina . Imagine if he had compared the flooding of New Orleans with a basement flood in his home.

What do you expect from a slug of a person who denied the existence of his granddaughter until the political pressure on him from a Slimes reporter got to him.

Watch ....if he runs again he will use the themes of competence and empathy again. But now you know the rest of the story.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2023, 06:01 AM
    While Maui burned ,Clueless Joe was tanning on a beach in Delaware. The death toll piled up over 100 and there are over a thousand unaccounted for .Instead of saying something resembling care and compassion for the people of Maui he said 'no comment ' when asked about it.
    Yeah, the "no comment" comment was just beyond belief. Makes you wonder if perhaps he had forgotten the entire incident.

But he knows what they are going through because he once had a house fire that almost cost him his Corvette.
    Just incredible.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2023, 05:41 PM
    The people of Lahaina lost their homes their families ;their life's memories went up in smoke. Clueless told then he would help them build back better .

“We’re gonna build back better. Better than you had. But what YOU want. What YOU need.”

Biden tells Lāhainā fire survivors: ‘We’re gonna build back better … but what you want’ : Big Island Now

Then he fell asleep .

of course the fact checkers dispute that .

PolitiFact | Video doesn’t show President Joe Biden dozing during event with Maui, Hawaii, wildfire survivors
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2023, 05:54 PM
    Have you ever bowed your head and closed your eyes at a funeral? During a prayer?

(Trump would be grinning broadly while looking around at the crowd, hoping lots of cameras were pointed his way.)
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2023, 06:32 PM
    “We’re gonna build back better
    Another vacuous promise by a liberal dem to spend someone else's money in order to prove his charitable bonafides. Even worse, it will have to be printed money since D.C. long ago forgot how to balance a budget.

Have you ever bowed your head and closed your eyes at a funeral? During a prayer?
    Very plausible explanation except that this was not a funeral and no one was praying. A man was making a speech.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1693899396767752461
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2023, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Very plausible explanation except that this was not a funeral and no one was praying. A man was making a speech.
    Have you ever bowed your head and closed your eyes in respect and even in grief when someone was making a speech at a funeral?

Wish you'd been at our younger son's funeral in 2018 and heard my husband's speech.
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2023, 07:37 PM
    Have you ever bowed your head and closed your eyes in respect and even in grief when someone was making a speech at a funeral?
    Watch the video and see if it appears that way to you. You will notice that everyone around him was wide awake and listening. The man was dozing off.

I preached my dad's funeral, my mom's funeral, and a beloved nephew's funeral. Those events are very difficult. I would love to have heard your husband's comments.
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2023, 07:46 PM
    To make matters worse, he tried retelling the wild story about his house in Delaware supposedly burning and endangering his life.

While visiting the fire-ravaged remains of Maui, Biden recalled the fire that started at his Wilmington home due to lightning.

"I don’t want to compare difficulties, but we have a little sense, Jill and I, of what it was like to lose a home," Biden said. "Years ago, now 15 years, I was in Washington doing ‘Meet the Press’. … Lightning struck at home on a little lake outside the home. Not a lake. A big pond. It hit the wire and came up underneath our home, into the … air condition ducts.

"To make a long story short, I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette and my cat." Biden has recalled the story multiple times in recent years in an apparent attempt to connect with victims of natural disasters.

A 2004 report from The Associated Press, archived by LexisNexis, said lightning struck the Bidens’ home and started a "small fire that was contained to the kitchen." The report said firefighters got the blaze under control in 20 minutes, and they were able to keep the flames from spreading beyond the kitchen.
    The story appears to be on about the same level as Hillary's Kosovo tale.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2023, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I preached my dad's funeral, my mom's funeral, and a beloved nephew's funeral. Those events are very difficult. I would love to have heard your husband's comments.
    His message was based on Micah 6:8, a verse Jeremy lived by with all his heart.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2023, 04:51 AM
    Yes but that is not what Clueless was doing . He was dreaming of his interrupted vacation at Lake Tahoe and planning his next beach week . I give him credit for not snoring loudly . Even the compliant press could not have covered for him if he snored

I don't begrudge him time at the beach . He is a geezer who should be retired ;going to the beach and playing with ALL his grandchildren. He may be like the Godfather ;trapped into a criminal organization he can't get out of .
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2023, 09:29 AM
    What is truly amazing is to consider how anyone could possibly bring him/herself to put forward a defense of this guy.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2023, 11:03 AM
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in. - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How young can a competent gas safe plumber be? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently had a gas boiler moved and employed a company that is described as gas safe locally. They sent two young lads aged 18 and 20years. These lads though pleasant and willing did not appear confident and broke several items and drilled through the wall shattering the bricks. They put...

Seeking transmission for H3011 . Would consider a rebuild by a competent te [ 0 Answers ]

Have H3011 that has sprung oil leek in transmission around one axel seal. I'm seeking a used one that works, or a competitant technician to rebuild mine. I can take it out of the frame and ship it. John Savannah, Ga

Empathy - guess who just got some? [ 37 Answers ]

Hello: And, guess who didn't? The IDEA of empathy being part of the law is not NEW. It's alive and well, and is embodied in the concept of "equity" and "jury nullification". So, it was refreshing to see that empathy is NOT dead on the Supreme Court, either. The idea in practice, allows...

View more questions Search