Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2023, 03:47 AM
    Afghanistan ;the rabbit hole that keeps on giving.
    A new report by the 'Special Inspector General for AfghanistanReconstruction (SIGAR)' discloses that since our disgraceful exit from Afghanistan ,the US has shelled out $2.35 billion in war reparations to the Taliban.

July 30, 2023 Quarterly Report to Congress (sigar.mil)

There is $1.7 billion on the table to disperse under the reconstruction plan even though John Sopko ;head of SIGAR ,reported to Congress that they could not assure us that the money wasn't going to the Taliban's coffers.

'We Simply Do Not Know' If U.S. Taxpayer Dollars Are Funding Taliban, Watchdog Says - YouTube

He also accused the Biden Administration of obstructing his investigation by refusing to hand over documents that could show if the Taliban is being propped up by American cash.

USAID is the agency that gives Afghanistan the funds.

According to the report;

Taliban interference with NGO work escalated, leading to a steady decline in humanitarian access in 2023, with a 32 percent increase in incidents between January and May 2023 as compared to the same period in 2022,

The Taliban is "comfortable accepting foreign support insofar as they can closely monitor the organizations, including restricting and controlling them, and claim some credit for the provision of the benefits," SIGAR reported. USAID said that "Taliban interference in humanitarian assistance is the main barrier to beneficiaries accessing aid in 2023."

These funds are designated for food education and women's education ;all a top priority for the Taliban </sarc>

And here is the Billion dollar question .......How much monopoly $$$$$$$$$ has the US spent on the country for Afghan reconstruction and building their security forces since 2002 (not including the money spent fighting the Taliban and AQ ) ???????
    SIGAR says
    Approximately $147.06 billion has been appropriated for Afghanistan relief and reconstruction since 2002. These funds are used to build the Afghan National Security Forces, promote good governance, conduct development assistance, and engage in counter-narcotics and anti-corruption efforts.

About SIGAR

Check out some similar questions!

Clueless Joe giving $300 million to Taliban controlled Afghanistan [ 17 Answers ]

This on top of the almost $500 million previously sent since the Taliban takeover . Statement by NSC Spokesperson Emily Horne on the United States Providing Additional Humanitarian Assistance to the People of Afghanistan | The White House <sarc> I bet the Taliban is distributing this...

My rabbit has given birth to 1 rabbit but it was dead. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice. I found 2 rabbits, 1 male ,1 female about two months ago. I took them to the vets and they we're healthy. So I took them home and separated them about a month ago because I saw the male mount the female. I couldn't have separated them sooner as I had nowhere to put the...

Down the Rabbit Hole; how do I break out of the cycle? [ 7 Answers ]

Uh Hi. Im not really sure how to word this so I'm just going to give it a shot. I'm 23, (almost 24), and living in my fiance's parents' basement. My fiancé and I were heavy drug users for three years, and his parents, who are overly generous, let us live here, fed us and pretty much took care...

John Deere F525 is giving black smoke, oil indication light and running rabbit speed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here! First of all, thank you very much for answering any question for your new Dutch member. I bought JD F525 1996 and only after 300 meters of mowing: 1) engine started to run wild 2) black smoke from exhaust 3) oil pressure lighted. ***. Help!!

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.