Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2023, 04:23 AM
    Magic Bus
    Remember Kam the Sham gushing over EV school buses ?

‘Who Doesn’t Love A Yellow School Bus?’: Kamala Harris Touts Investments In Electric School Buses - YouTube

She was speaking of an EV bus made by Proterra,
    Clueless Joe gushed about the company. Their EV initiative was heavily subsidized. He "virtually " visited the plant in my adopted town of Greenville SC .He appointed the CEO Gareth Joyce to serve as a member of the President’s Export Council.

Biden virtually visits local electric bus manufacturer in Greenville (greenvilleonline.com)

Proterra CEO Gareth Joyce Appointed By President Biden To The President’s Export Council | Proterra

He praised Joyce for "growing Proterra’s EV battery manufacturing footprint in the United States and accelerating the transition of transit and other commercial vehicles to zero emission solutions."

Well Clueless is on the road touting "Bidenonics" . He just got hit with some bad news.

Proterra filed for bankruptcy Monday.

The company's stock was $17 a share when it went public. Yesterday you could buy a share for 17 cents. The company had an accumulated deficit of $1.1 billion by the end of 2022 even though it generated $749.2 million in revenue in that time selling about 1,000 EV buses.

The company will be reorganized; separated to its various components. It will concentrate on battery manufacturing even though buses were its biggest selling point.

Proterra, Bay Area-based 'Tesla of electric buses,' goes bankrupt (sfgate.com)

I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, Magic Bus)
    But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, Magic Bus)

Nooooooooo!
    I don't care how much I pay (Too much, Magic Bus)
    I wanna drive my bus to my baby each day (Too much, Magic Bus)

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

( Pete Townshend)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2023, 04:28 AM
    Thankfully, the feds have lots and lots of surplus cash to invest in losers like Proterra.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2023, 04:46 AM
    Reminds me of the emperor's reign when heavily subsidized Solyndra went belly up after receiving $535 million in federal loan guarantees
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2023, 05:14 AM
    So they were running a fleet of EV buses from Jackson County Wyoming to Teton County .

I emphasis the word "were " .

The Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit (START) system, between Jackson and Teton County, have 8 EV buses and NONE of them work.

Jackson Buys 8 Electric Buses For Transit System, But None Are Working | Your Wyoming News Source (cowboystatedaily.com)

The taxpayer subsidized company that supplied the magic buses is going out of business.

EV firm Proterra files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection | Reuters

According to the News & Guide, the eight buses in its fleet cost $2.3 million, 80% of which was covered by a Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grant in 2019. Between 2020 and 2021, similar grants provided another $2.6 million, and START plans to spend $3.3 million for four more electric buses.
    This time another company other than Proterra will be filling the order, and delivery is years away.
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2023, 04:12 AM
    Gareth Joyce, the CEO who oversaw the failure of Proterra is a paid advisor to Clueless Joe .

President's Export Council Members (trade.gov)

Senator John Barasso wants to know why ,

It appears that by retaining Joyce, you are continuing to play political favorites with a company your administration has systematically promoted time and again since you took office.

Mr. President, it is evident that the promotion and favoritism towards Proterra Inc. have resulted in significant losses for taxpayers and investors, including those in my home state of Wyoming. The bankruptcy of Proterra, despite the administration's support, raises serious questions about the reasoning behind these endorsements. The American people deserve accountability and transparency in matters of public policy and the businesses the President of the United States and his cabinet officials choose to promote.
    Given Proterra’s bankruptcy, it is clear that Mr. Joyce should be removed from your Export Council.

4C070AD9-7BA0-4B08-AE22-46E3A31C21C0 (senate.gov)

Clueless' goal is to have half of new car sales be EV's by 2030 ;

We're getting there . Last year the share of EVs sold went up from 3.2% to 5.8 % of auto sales.
    EV Sales Growth was a Highlight of 2022 - Cox Automotive Inc. (coxautoinc.com)
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2023, 04:46 AM
    it is evident that the promotion and favoritism towards Proterra Inc. have resulted in significant losses for taxpayers
    It is amazing that, with the widespread acceptance of monstrous federal debt, the wasting of federal funds is no longer considered to be a scandal. People just yawn and move on to the really important stuff like TG or the World Series.

Last year the share of EVs sold went up from 3.2% to 5.8 % of auto sales.
    That would never happen unless the feds were heavily subsidizing the whole deal. And that, of course, relates to my first comment above.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2023, 05:22 AM
    What will make it easier to achieve his goal is that no one can afford to buy a new car

New car sales have slowed amid higher prices and interest rates - Marketplace

I guess the good news is that with demand low ,interest rates high ,and inventories over stocked , the taxpayer subsidized cars will be available at give away prices.

New Car Market: Prices Are About To Plummet — Is Now the Right Time To Buy? (yahoo.com)
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2023, 06:19 AM
    All of this government induced inflation reminds me of Paul's comment in 2 Corinthians. "For you tolerate it if anyone enslaves you, anyone devours you, anyone takes advantage of you, anyone exalts himself, anyone hits you in the face."
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2023, 12:45 PM
    that we do . We also tolerate the intollerable like killing babies for convenience.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2023, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that we do . We also tolerate the intollerable like killing babies for convenience.
    How did those babies get there? Perhaps it's time reversible vasectomies are required when a male begins puberty.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2023, 01:28 PM
    Perhaps it's time reversible vasectomies are required when a male begins puberty.
    Typical liberal dem reply. In the golden age of birth control for females, that's about as silly an idea as can be imagined, and especially considering that "reversible vasectomies" are strictly a maybe situation as opposed to a definite.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2023, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Typical liberal dem reply. In the golden age of birth control for females, that's about as silly an idea as can be imagined, and especially considering that "reversible vasectomies" are strictly a maybe situation as opposed to a definite.
    Women (I know several it happened to) can carefully use even as many as three forms of birth control, all of which failed to protect them from a pregnancy. If no reversible vasectomies, then, men, keep your hands in your pockets and your fly zipped up.
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2023, 03:42 PM
    typical to come up with a Mengele solution to a failed cultural problem
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2023, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    typical to come up with a Mengele solution to a failed cultural problem
    No Mengele, just common sense for birth control (not sweaty palms and heaving chests).
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2023, 06:37 PM
    Women (I know several it happened to) can carefully use even as many as three forms of birth control, all of which failed to protect them from a pregnancy. If no reversible vasectomies, then, men, keep your hands in your pockets and your fly zipped up.
    Don't much believe that birth control story. Still, I would be happy to join you in calling for both men AND women to keep their fly zipped up until marriage. You, of course, will likely pass on that since it would entail women having to exercise responsibility along with men.

No Mengele, just common sense for birth control (not sweaty palms and heaving chests).
    Your "common sense" involves forcing teen age boys to have surgery they do not wish to have. It is perfectly in line with Mengele's ideas.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2023, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would be happy to join you in calling for both men AND women to keep their fly zipped up until marriage.
    Those women were regulars on this site.

And I have always encouraged getting married before having sexual relations.

Your "common sense" involves forcing teen age boys to have surgery they do not wish to have. It is perfectly in line with Mengele's ideas.
    Why do you think there are so many people in the world?

And by not controlling themselves, males get females pregnant with babies no one wants.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2023, 08:11 PM
    So your insane "solution" is to force teenage boys to get vasectomies against their will? Why am I not surprised? I guess the genuinely common-sense, freedom-loving idea of simply telling women that avoiding sex will automatically result in them avoiding pregnancies is just a bit too complicated, so forcing free Americans to have unwanted surgeries is the way to go.

Oh brother. The liberal dem has spoken again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2023, 08:15 PM
    No forcing teen boys. They will be greatly rewarded.

At least this country won't be in the terrible mess it would be in if the self-righteous repubs get hold of it.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2023, 08:22 PM
    No forcing teen boys. They will be greatly rewarded.
    I'm glad you've changed your tune. Perhaps you forgot that your original whacky idea was, "Perhaps it's time reversible vasectomies are required when a male begins puberty."

What will the reward be? And what will happen if the great majority of teen boys reject the "Wondergirl Forced Sterilization" program and continue to live as they choose?

The last time the repubs ran the show, we had the greatest economy in decades. Is that the terrible mess you referred to?
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2023, 04:20 AM
    babies no one wants.

that about says it all The lefts evil agenda summed up in 4 words If only we exterminated 4 or 5 billion people all our problems would be solved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with magic [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up with me a month ago and says she just wants to be friends. I think the reason for the breakup was because I wasn't trusting her before but I trust her now. It's a long distance relationship and I'd like to give the relationship another chance. When I ask her to give us...

Magic Purple Creature Takes Boy To Magic Land [ 0 Answers ]

This movie I believe played on Nickelodeon or Disney in the 90's. I remember a little boy always being bored. After Dinner he goes to his room with this puzzle box and opens it and a little Purple Creature comes out and tells the boy that he is going to take him to a Magic World... The Boy Said...

What is magic? [ 31 Answers ]

Could someone please explain that: Magic is different than Magick which is different than devil worship. I'd explain my view of the difference, but don't want to get "thumped" anymore. Thanks in advance

Magic Eye [ 1 Answers ]

For my art subject, I want to create a magic eye where you can see a logo I have designed. Does anybody know where I can download a magic eye creator that lets you incorperate your own designs into the magic eye?

View more questions Search