Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2023, 10:01 AM
    Independent Contractor and benefits
    I am interested in understanding the fringe benefits available to an independent contractor working on a long-term project in New York State.

I want to know if the contractor can access these benefits (health insurance, and paid sick and vacation days) through an agreement with the employer for a long-term job.

Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Independent contractor with benefits in NY State [ 0 Answers ]

An agency is willing to hire me on a 1099, and the company I would go to work for would offer me holiday and sick days paid, plus medical insurance. I would be paid with a salary (no per hour) based on 36 hours per week (they can be flexible, for ex. one day I can work 4 hours, the following day...

Independent Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have been unemployed this year and received benefits through NY State and at my option I have not had any taxes withheld in the belief that I would deal with that by next April 15th (no wife works and gets taxes withheld and I have substantial of job search expenses). I am negotiating to take...

F1 CPT - Independent contractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student under F-1 Visa status. I am interested in working for a company under part-time CPT. The employer however is not ready to give me a W-2. They want me to work as an independent contractor and fill a W9 form. (I am sure that I am not a US Person as described on...

Hello, I will be an taking on an independent contractor position with an at-home call center company. This will be a part-time job. I have never been an independent contractor before and want to make sure I don't get myself in trouble or receive a big tax bill. Do I need to let the IRS...

Fall 2006,I found a great job through a staffing agency. The job is Office Manager with a very small service firm. After 2 weeks the company "bought" me from the agency for several thousand dollars. To meet their budget needs, they offered to bring me to their staff as an independent contractor...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.