Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2023, 09:23 AM
    1099 Independent contractor with benefits in NY State
    An agency is willing to hire me on a 1099, and the company I would go to work for would offer me holiday and sick days paid, plus medical insurance.
    I would be paid with a salary (no per hour) based on 36 hours per week (they can be flexible, for ex. one day I can work 4 hours, the following day 9 hours, and so on) for 1 year contract.

Would it comply with NY State law?

Can I be paid as independent contractor and have the above mentioned benefits, if there is a written agreement between the hiring agency and the company I am going to work for?

Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 student on 1099 as independent contractor [ 1 Answers ]

I just realized that I have been hired as an Independent contractor(1 week in). Though I am on my CPT period, I know it messes up my F1 status. I want to know how it will effect the follows if I continue. 1. Tax returns 2. Future attempt to get an h1

I Work for An Independent Contractor, Will I get a 1099 or a W-2? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend got her license to be an independent contractor and she hired me as her helper, she's very professional and paid me by using her business check every month last year but she never deducted anything for any kind of taxes. Will she need to pay taxes for medicare and ss and what form will I...

New independent contractor getting paid on 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I got laid off in January. In March, I got a temporary job working as a contractor for 3 months. I will be making around $10k during this period. Can I invest all in Self Employed 401k so I don't have to pay any taxes? If I invest all the money in Self Employed 401k then Do I have to pay SS and...

Independent contractor if F-1, no 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an F-1 student on OPT. I worked part-time for several companies over the past year, and I received forms (1099-Misc, 1042-s) from a couple of them. I also worked as a tutor (literacy, reading) for a couple of families. There was no discussion about taxes in the beginning, and they...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.