Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2023, 04:44 AM
    RFK Jr is a threat . So the swamp smear machine has been unleashed
    There are many references of this . I will stick to the NY Post.

Jon Levine references an off the cuff off the record Kennedy made in a "raucous booze and fart-filled dinner" conversation .

The charge is that "conspiracy theorist" (oh they love that smear ) Kennedy said that covid was engineered in the lab to make ethnic Chinese and JEWS immune. Ah a 2 for 1 . He's a "conspiracy theorist" and an "antisemite."

RFK Jr. says COVID was 'ethnically targeted' to spare Jews (nypost.com)

According to Levine's account

“‘COVID-19. There is an argument that it is ethnically targeted. COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,’ Kennedy said. ‘COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.’

“‘We don’t know whether it was deliberately targeted or not but there are papers out there that show the racial or ethnic differential and impact,Kennedy hedged.”

Kennedy has researched disease and vaccines for many years .

What he was saying between drinks and farts is that it is a fact that diseases have in fact been bioengineered in labs to target specific groups of people.
    World must prepare for biological weapons that target ethnic groups based on genetics, says Cambridge University (telegraph.co.uk)

Those who know will tell you that diseases have different impacts on races and ethnicities. The CDC said as much in their publications

EmbraceRace | The racial impacts of COVID-19: Articles

Oh it is ok to mention it when the matter of 'health equity ' is the topic of conversation in swamp gatherings .

Do they really believe that a cabal of Chinese and Jews got together in Wuhan to come up with a virus that makes them immune ? The fact that his father was murdered by a Jew hating Palestinian terrorist makes the charge against him laughable.

Israel shut down as tight as any country during the pandemic. Why would they need to do so if they were immune ? China imprisoned their entire population longer than any other country to prevent outbreaks .

Israeli scientist worked desperately to develop a vaccine , We beat them to it ;but it wasn't for lack of trying ,

Israeli scientists: 'In a few weeks, we will have coronavirus vaccine' - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Kennedy countered by skewering Levine on Twitter

The insinuation by @nypost and others that, as as result of my quoting a peer-reviewed paper on bio-weapons, I am somehow antisemitic, is a disgusting fabrication. I understand the emotional pain that these inaccurate distortions and fabrications have caused to many Jews who recall the blood libels of poison wells and the deliberate spread of disease as the pretext for genocidal programs against their ancestors. My father and my uncles, John F. Kennedy and Senator Edward Kennedy, devoted enormous political energies during their careers to supporting Israel and fighting antisemitism. I intend to spend my political career making those family causes my priority.
    I will fight relentlessly alongside my Jewish brothers and sisters and friends against Jew-hatred and the demonization of Israel. I have just recorded an interview with
    @RabbiShmuley
    , whom the same New York Post just this month called, “the most famous Rabbi in America.” I have called upon the Biden Administration not to consummate a second Iran deal that would give that genocidal government a legitimized nuclear program. In the same interview, I called upon the Democratic Party to return to the strong, unconditional support of Israel that was the hallmark of the party under the leadership of my uncle and my father. Today I had a great conversation with Rabbi Shmuley on Judaism and anti-Semitism. He had this to say: “Two things bothered me about the reports I had read about what you had said at that dinner on the upper east side. I said number one, again, this perception that you’re anti-Semitic. I know you’re not. And in fact, I know precisely the opposite is true. I know that in your heart you feel a great closeness to the Jewish people, to the Jewish community, and to Israel. And the second thing that bothered me is, that you’re being portrayed as you said before, a crank, as a loony toon…but you’re brilliant. You know your facts.”

Robert F. Kennedy Jr on Twitter: "The insinuation by @nypost and others that, as as result of my quoting a peer-reviewed paper on bio-weapons, I am somehow antisemitic, is a disgusting fabrication. I understand the emotional pain that these inaccurate distortions and fabrications have caused to many Jews who… https://t.co/QY4BSNuP4v" / Twitter

He demanded a retraction. He won't get one.

The smear works for the swamp . Kennedy is a gadfly challenging them on vaccine mandates and the rush to war against Russia. (it's Russia Russia Russia all the time) .
    They don't even like or trust their standard bearer but cannot allow a challenger until at least they decide on a suitable replacement .
    That is the real reason for this smear against RFK Jr.
    The swamp is in a take no prisoners mode. Even All Out Crazy has signed on.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports Biden's reelection bid | CNN Politics

For her it's jump on board or get thrown under .She knows where her bread gets buttered .

The Post was one of the last holdouts . But they are owned by the Murdoch family and they too have determined it is better to switch than fight.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2023, 04:46 AM
    This FiveThirtyEight article suggests that Clueless Joe will not get a serious primary challenge .

Why Biden Probably Won’t Get A Serious Primary Challenger | FiveThirtyEight

I used to think that too.

Then RFK Jr threw his hat in the ring ;and things started happening .

Silicon Valley moguls Jack Dorsey formerly of Twitter and Elon Musk have taken an interest in his campaign and other Silicon Valley cohorts are backing him financially. This is a big break from the Valley's devotion and alliance with the swamp Dems since the emperor's reign .

RFK Jr. candidacy gets backing from Silicon Valley's loudest moguls (axios.com)

Why Silicon Valley’s Big Spenders Are Lining Up Behind RFK Jr. (thedailybeast.com)

That got Slimes columnist Paul Krugman's attention . He got on his soap box .

And to the extent that contrarian tech bros talk to anyone else, it’s to one another. The tech entrepreneur and writer Anil Dash tells us that “it’s impossible to overstate the degree to which many big tech C.E.O.s and venture capitalists are being radicalized by living within their own cultural and social bubble.” He calls this phenomenon of venture capitalism “VC QAnon,” a concept that I find helps explain many of the strange positions taken by tech billionaires lately.

Let me add a personal speculation. It may seem odd to see men of vast wealth and influence buying into conspiracy theories about elites running the world. Aren’t they the elites? But I suspect that famous, wealthy men may be especially frustrated by their inability to control events, or even stop people from ridiculing them on the internet. So rather than accepting that the world is a complicated place nobody can control, they’re susceptible to the idea that there are secret cabals out to get them.

There’s historical precedent here. Watching Elon Musk’s descent, I know that I’m not alone in thinking of Henry Ford, who remains in many ways the ultimate example of a famous, influential entrepreneur and who also became a rabid, conspiracy-theorizing antisemite. He even paid for a reprinting of “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion,” a forgery that was probably promoted by the Russian secret police. (Time is a flat circle.)

In any case, what we’re seeing now is something remarkable. Arguably, the craziest faction in U.S. politics right now isn’t red-hatted blue-collar guys in diners, it’s technology billionaires living in huge mansions and flying around on private jets. At one level it’s quite funny. Unfortunately, however, these people have enough money to do serious damage.
    Opinion | The Rich Are Crazy for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Forgetting his disgusting swipe at blue collar America ;He ignores that since at least 2008 ,the valley mega rich were firmly in the Dem establishment camp . Did they suddenly become crazy in 2022 ?

It also ignores the fact that Clueless is raising a fortune from very wealthy donors.

Biden gets big business donor support for reelection bid (cnbc.com)

The real question is why has 'Middle Class Joe' abandoned the middle class ?

Half Say Middle Class Not Benefiting at All from Biden Policies | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

The Krugman critique is that Kennedy is the ideological extemist. . But I would argue that Clueless has drifted to the extreme . Kennedy is running as a big pharma skeptic;as the Dems were in the past ; and in a more traditional Dem against foreign adventurism. Those were main stream Dem until the crazy left hijacked the party.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2023, 04:23 AM
    I was censored not just by the Democratic administration, I was censored by the Trump administration. I was the first person censored by, as the chairman pointed out, by the Biden administration, two days after he came into office.

And by the way, they had to invent a new word called "malinformation" to censor people like me. There was no misinformation on my Instagram account. Everything I put on that account was cited and sourced, the peer-reviewed publications or government databases.

No one has ever pointed to a single piece of misinformation I published. I was removed for something they call "malinformation."

Malinformation is information that is true but is inconvenient to the government, that they don’t want people to hear. And as antithetical to the values of our country.

JUST IN: Presidential Candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s FULL Opening Statement to House Committee - YouTube

Trying to prove his point ;Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., moved to take the hearing into a closed executive session.She tried to use House rules against defaming members of the House.

Wasserman Schultz Leads Dem Effort to Take RFK Jr.'s 'Degradation' to Executive Session (mediaite.com)
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2023, 05:22 AM
    So RFK Jr wears tin foil hats . That is how he is going to be smeared .

Even though he comes from a Dem legacy family ,he is running an insurgent outsider campaign. That is unforgivable in swamp land. The swamp critters are baffled because he is gaining momentum in the Dem party despite his outsider status. When did we see this before ? Oh yeah ...2016.

“I feel like my country is being taken away from me,” “I want to restore in many ways the America of my youth, the America I was brought up in.”

Inside the Very Online Campaign of RFK Jr. | Time

Could he be saying 'make America great again ' ?

When Trump said those words the swamp and the compliant press went to war.against him.
    Now Kennedy is experiencing their wrath.

He is not a Johnny-come-lately in his critique of Big Pharma and the nation's obsession with a vaccine for everything. He did not begin speaking about the dangers of vaccines with the covid pandemic.
    He sees the dumping of toxic chemicals in the rivers the same as injecting toxic chemicals into people.

I am not ant-vax per se. But some of his points register. He claims as an example that his voice problems were a direct result of having the flu vaccine. I don't know if that is true . But anecdotally I can say that almost a year ago my dog had a flu shot that we were required to give her due to boarding requirements . She has had a persistant cough since then that 2 vets now have not been able to cure.
    I know someone else who was given a preventive tetanus vaccine who has now fought various illnesses for years . There is no proof that the vaccine caused it . But suddenly ill after the vaccine ;perfectly healthy before ;leads to unscientific conclusions .

It should be reason to be a skeptic ;and science being science ,it should provoke study ...not hysterical condemnation for making the suggestion of a link.

You can in America self diagnose what gender you are ;but be considered a wack job for self diagnosis a vaccine induced illness .

Strange days indeed .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2023, 06:25 AM
    The vaccines bother me as well. I regret having taken the Covid vax. I could probably have some interest in RFK, but I feel sure he is pro-abortion and would appoint the usual assortment of nutty, dem SC justices, so I have to mark him out.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2023, 08:01 AM
    yes he has many Dem positions . As an example ; He is a big champion of college loan forgiveness . His pro choice with a ban after 90 days position is in line with libertarian positions .
    On other issues he breaks rank

Most of his positions can be found here .
    Robert Kennedy Jr.’s Policies on Social Issues (isidewith.com)
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2023, 11:09 AM
    (a)Under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect the following persons:

(7)Major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates and, within 120 days of the general Presidential election, the spouses of such candidates. As used in this paragraph, the term “major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates” means those individuals identified as such by the Secretary of Homeland Security after consultation with an advisory committee consisting of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the minority leader of the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders of the Senate, and one additional member selected by the other members of the committee. The Committee shall not be subject to chapter 10 of title 5.
    18 U.S. Code § 3056 - Powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

So RFK Jr is clearly within the group qualified for Secret Service protection. Add to the qualifiers that he is the son of a Presidential candidate who was assassinated on the campaign trail ;and the nephew of a President who was assassinated ,you would think he had a slam dunk case for asking for protection.

But so far Clueless Joe has refused to grant it .

RFK Jr. says Biden administration denied his request for Secret Service protection (newsnationnow.com)
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2023, 12:09 PM
    I'm really looking forward to how the whole RFK deal works out. His voice is going to be somewhat of a problem, but he'll make JB look like an old, old man even more than he looks now.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2024, 06:32 AM
    Ok so you have both parties likely to nominate the one possible candidate that is more likely to lose to the other candidate. The Dems and Repubs both would be better off than the oatmeal drooling geezers they are selecting.

Could a 3rd party candidate like RFK Jr or perhaps if the No Labels crowd selects a credible candidate ....say Joe Manchin ...win this election ? Not if they are counting on getting the 270 electors to win it outright.

But what if one or more 3rd party nominees were to siphon off enough electors so their neither Trump or Clueless Joe get 270 ?

No Labels may adopt the George Wallace 1968 strategy of sending the election to the House of Reps . The 12th amendment would kick in.

U.S. Constitution - Twelfth Amendment | Resources | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Wallace posed a problem largely because of the Electoral College, which has bedeviled American politics both before and since. To be elected president, a candidate must receive a majority of electoral votes. (Then as now, the magic number is 270.) Wallace had Alabama locked down and was likely to win several other Southern states, such as Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina. If he could swing a couple of other states elsewhere in the nation, neither Nixon nor Humphrey would win an electoral majority and, under the 12th Amendment, the House of Representatives would decide the election. Wallace hoped to do what John Quincy Adams had done in 1824 after receiving less than 31% of the popular vote: Strike a deal with the House speaker to win such a "contingent election." If that didn't work, Wallace believed he could force either Nixon or Humphrey to give him significant power in their future administrations.
    George Wallace hoped to upend the 1968 election. Then Gen. Curtis LeMay dropped a bomb | Salon.com

Here is No Labels version of the plan

"It’s possible that if you got to the Electoral College and no candidate had 270 [electoral votes], that there could be negotiation to create a coalition government where electors get traded between different candidates to get somebody over 270,” Ryan Clancy, the chief strategist for No Labels, told reporters on Wednesday. Clancy added: “There are quite a number of states that have what are called ‘unbound electors,’ which is to say: Those electors are not statutorily required to vote for the candidate that won their state at the Electoral College.”

In the event that an effort to swing unbound electors fails and no candidate receives 270 Electoral College votes, the 12th Amendment of the Constitution stipulates that each state’s House delegation votes for one of the presidential candidates. In order to secure the presidency, one of the presidential candidates must receive the support of 26 state delegations. The Senate would select the vice president.
    When asked if No Labels has looked at state delegations that could potentially side with the No Labels ticket in a contingent election, Davis responded, “Of course. Of course. Of course. We’ve mapped all this out.”
    He noted, as an example, that a state with one House member could “hold out” on its initial support of a ticket.
    “[They could] say, ‘Well, I’m not going to — I’m not going to be the 26th state on this unless you make certain concessions,’ or ‘I’m going to need a Cabinet [post]. I’m going to need a judgeship,’” Davis said, emphasizing: “The point is: The Constitution allows for that kind of potential to do those kinds of things.”
    No Labels floats coalition government, House selecting president (nbcnews.com)
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2024, 05:50 PM
    another no label scenario . Nikki was successful in Iowa for luring Dems to switch party for the purpose of the caucus attendance . She is the sole remaining Wall Street Repub .Her biggest donors are from that group.

Suppose she drop out after New Hampshire (yes it would have to be before SC because she can't afford to get blown out in her own state ) Then she teams up with say a non-radical Dem like Joe Manchin .

Remember from above. The goal is not to win the electoral college .The goal is to deprive Trump or Clueless from getting 270 .
    This is the only way a 3rd party candidate could win.
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2024, 02:39 PM
    No Labels are now the victims of the Dem suppression machine. You see ;the Dems fear any 3rd party challenge will help Trump So apparently there is a coordinated effort to remove No Labels from the ballot.
    Democratic groups file complaint in push to force No Labels to reveal donors | The Hill

No Labels filed a complaint with the Justice Dept (good luck with that )

No Labels alleges a group of activists, operatives and party officials of violating federal criminal law, “including the RICO statute and a number of criminal civil rights provisions, not to mention the freedom of association rights that No Labels and all Americans enjoy under the U.S. Constitution.”
    No Labels Asks U.S. Department of Justice to Investigate Racketeering Conspiracy to Subvert Americans’ Voting Rights - No Labels

If they really wanted to shake the tree they would recruit Nikk Haley to be their candidate . She is getting plenty of corporate donor bucks to fund her campaign into the fall .
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2024, 12:16 PM
    1st requested in May ;to date RFK Jr still does not get the Secret Service protection he is entitled to.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2024, 03:25 AM
    No Labels update

Yesterday they put up their 'Help Wanted ' sign .

That is because their "presumed" candidate ;Joe Manchin took a "firm stand " about running ......or not.

He says he's not campaigning, so what is Joe Manchin doing in New Hampshire? - CBS News

Joe Manchin suggests Mitt Romney, Rob Portman as potential running mates as he flirts with third-party ticket | Fox News

Joe Manchin could upend Biden’s reelection campaign – and blow up No Labels along the way | CNN Politics

But but but ;in typical Joe Manchin fashion ;just when you were sure he was going one way ;he reversed course ;breaking the hearts of those who counted on him.

"I will not be seeking a third-party run. I will not be involved in a presidential,"

"I will be involved in making sure that we secure a president that has the knowledge and has the passion and has the ability to bring this country together. And right now, we're challenged and we've got to see if we can move people in that direction."
    Sen. Joe Manchin announces he won't run for president in 2024 - ABC News (go.com)

This leaves No Labels (aka no positions ) in a bind. They are on the ballot and have no presumptive candidate . No name candidate for No Labels

No Labels national co-Chair Ben Chavis said Sunday that the organization is “talking with several exceptional leaders” about potential bids for the White House.
    Ben Chavis: No Labels ‘talking with several exceptional leaders’ about possible runs | The Hill

If you are unfamiliar with them ,I can't say I blame you . They claim to be centrists .

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you
    And I'm wondering what it is I should do
    It's so hard to keep this smile from my face
    Losing control, yeah I'm all over the place

Clowns to the left of me
    Jokers to the right
    Here I am stuck in the middle with you
    (sung by Stealers Wheel)

The only defining position they appear to take is that they take no positions .
    They can't even claim bipartisanship because that would assume some original partisan positions .

No Labels chief strategist Ryan Clancy said that No Labels is not acting like a party because it is "not specifically advocating for or against [a] candidate."
    "A group like No Labels has a right to get on the ballot without being considered a political committee," he said.
    Social welfare organization or political party? Why No Labels may need a label - CBS News

They were counting on Manchin who is a perfect candidate because you really can't tell what he's thinking .

So where do they go from here ? As you saw they appear to want a fusion ticket . The plan was M&M Manchin and Romney . Why Romney would want to be second fiddle without a bow is beyond me.
    So does Romney throw his hat in the ring ? That is doubtful.

There are 2 candidates still sorta seriously in the race.

RFK Jr is one . He is a Dem who is running an independent campaign

The other is Nikki Haley . She is a Repub running an impossibly long shot race against Trump . Dem and Repub as the No Label blueprint desires .

No Labels: We’d consider Haley on our ticket. Haley: No thanks. - POLITICO

Could the two form a fusion candidacy ?

Nah that wouldn't work . They both take positions on the issues. That's not acceptable.

Trying to make some sense of it all
    But I can see it makes no sense at all
    Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
    Cause I don't think that I can take anymore

Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2024, 04:02 AM
    RFK Jr has picked his Veep ;and in doing so has exposed his own hopelessly lefty agenda.

His Veep pick is California lefty lawyer Nicole Shanahan. She was married to Google co-founder Sergey Brin until last year and has money to burn . She financed his Super Bowl ad.

RFK Jr’s Super Bowl ad (youtube.com)

Meet the Woman Who Helped Pay for That R.F.K. Super Bowl Ad - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Guess her selection is the price.

She is a heavy radical left donor having given in the past to Clueless Joe ;Mayor Pete and to the Soros backed DA George Gascón during his recall.
    Follow the Money - Recall DA George Gascon

This seems to be a pattern.....selecting a radical lefty from California as a Veep running mate
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 05:11 AM
    It's easy to see why the dems fear him so much. In a close race, if he pulls even 1 or 2 percent, then the Biden campaign would have to find even more fake votes than last time in order to win. At some point it would become a little too obvious.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2024, 06:21 AM
    Yes but there are a significant number of conservative Repubs that are against Trump ;that have libertarian leanings and buy into his conspiracy rhetoric ,who could ignore Kennedy's left instincts and cast a protest vote for him.

Also looking to see who No Labels peels votes from IF they actually choose someone to run. Then there is Jill Stein and Cornell West ... don't forget those misfits .
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 07:47 AM
    I don't see conservative repubs voting for RFK in protest. Certainly that person would lose all claim to being truly a conservative if he/she did so. More likely those folks will just stay home. The result will be the same. One vote less for Trump.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2024, 11:50 AM
    Depends . The common issue is controlling illegal immigration .

RFK Jr.: Stop The Border Crisis (youtube.com)

The Dems are making hay over the fact that Kennedy and Trump's biggest donor appears to be Tim Mellon ;the great grandson of banker Thomas Mellon and grandson of former Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon.

Mellon gave Kennedy $20 million to Kennedy backed PACs and $15 million to date to Trump backed PACs .

Browse Individual contributions | FEC

Mellon's big concern is the border .

Before this election cycle Mellon had been a modest contributor for a tycoon. But in this cycle ;since he's upped his donations to mostly conservatives to the tune of over $80 million.

He gave $1,5 million to the defense fund of Arizona Guv Jan Brewer ;who office was fighting lawsuits based on her border policies. (he tried to give it anonymously but word leaked ) He recently gave Texas Guv $53 million for his 'Operation Lone Star 'campaign to build a Texas wall.
    Wyoming banking heir donated 98 percent of private funds for Abbott's Texas border wall | The Week

As far as who's campaign is impacted by Kennedy ;we have to wait for exit polls to find out
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2024, 01:14 PM
    Kennedy sure has the Dem's panties in a knot . Clueless Joe is dedicating a staff to attack him.

DNC files complaint over RFK Jr. super PAC's efforts to put him on state ballots (nbcnews.com)

They are putting up billboards calling him a stalking horse for Trump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How the swamp works [ 1 Answers ]

The charge in the Sussman trial is simple . He lied to FBI council James Baker in a text that he had information to give the FBI that they could use to develop a case ;and that he was acting as a good citizen and NOT as a representative of a client. It is straight forward and slam dunk except...

The Fix is in .....the swamp protects it's own [ 10 Answers ]

Because "no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case." "In a report released Thursday, the DOJ's Office of the Inspector General said its probe found that Comey violated department policy. "Upon completing its investigation, the OIG provided its factual findings to the Justice Department...

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

The Salomon decision was a scandalous one and it unleashed a tid [ 3 Answers ]

The Salomon decision was a scandalous one and it unleashed a tidal wave of irresponsibility in commercial world.Discuss

View more questions Search