Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2023, 04:03 AM
    Go Woke Go Broke
    Three corporate giants who cast their lot to the woke crowd ;Khol's Anheiser-Bush ,and Target have collectively lost $28.7 billion in market value since April.

Pride month, war on "woke" weighs on Corporate America's stocks (axios.com)

Axios says “Corporate America is finding itself trapped between society’s progressive impulses, and the conservative backlash.”

Nice spin. The facts are that those companies would not be taking such a hit if the reaction to the fringe wokeism that they are trying to shove up out keisters was not main stream majority America..

Corporations play the long game . If they think the pressure on them is temporary then they will take the short losses. For these boycotts to work then America must make them know that there will be a permanent backlash against them whenever they try to make radical fringe mainstream.
    Do we really want people who can't figure out what bathroom to use making policy and life decisions for us and our kids?
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2023, 04:45 AM
    The live action remake of 'The Little Mermaid ' is being watched by Americans who really should know better.
    Based on the story by Hans Christian Anderson from Denmark ;a land virtually totally white in population ; the woke Disney created a rainbow version of the famous tale that has a Black Mermaid ;a drag queen Ursula ;an environmentally conscious King Tritan mixed race mermen and an ode to sexual affirmative consent mied into the song 'Kiss the Girl'
    The original lyrics :

Yes, you want her
    Look at her, you know you do
    Possible she wants you too
    There is one way to ask her
    It don't take a word
    Not a single word
    Go on and kiss the girl
    The new lyrics "
    Yes, you want her
    Look at her, you know you do
    Possible she wants you too
    Use your words boy and ask her
    If the time is right
    And the time is tonight
    Go on and kiss the girl

Other songs were rewritten also to cater to the woke mob.

The movie is doing modesty well in the US market . Not so much in the foreign market .

2023 Worldwide Box Office - Box Office Mojo

The world wide market is by far the bigger audience . So the movie should be doing much better over seas .

Maybe this video from a South Korean explains why

Wall Street Silver on Twitter: "Korean explaining why Woke movies are failing so often in South Korea 🤔 🔊 https://t.co/6HDvqrrwit" / Twitter

Americans who would boycott woke corporations ;and indeed have taken Disney to task ,should not be patronizing woke garbage disguised as entertainment .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2023, 09:51 AM
    Great insights into "wokeness" in about one minute.

https://youtu.be/2MA4oBtSOZM
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 30, 2023, 09:56 AM
    I Am Offended.
    Bring back Politic Correctness. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2023, 04:40 AM
    The battle that DeSantis wages against Disney in Florida would be supported by all the lefties if there wasn't woke agendas involved .
    You hear many on the left complain about corporate welfare and crony capitalism . Both were deeply ingrained in Disney's special relationship with the state .

Being the state's largest employer gave them leverage and a state sanctioned monopoly . They set the rules by lobbying for special favors that were granted to them by politicians of both parties. Disney World was built after a special tax district called the 'Reedy Creek Improvement District' (RCID) was created in 1967 . Disney was basically given a 25,000 acre township in 2 counties to administer as they saw fit,. Disney was given almost total control over the roads, public utilities, zoning and building codes.

Thier power in the state increased unchecked as pols sucked up to their demands until DeSantis took them on. June of this year He stripped them of the RCID provisions. A new state appointed board was created to oversee RCID ;which was renamed 'Central Florida Tourism Oversight District'.

Republicans complain about big government and corporations and have done very little about it . Trump used it as a negotiation position often giving in . Big government grew under Trump even as he rolled back the log to expose the critters ,

I know of no reason why Disney should keep it's autonomy and special tax status ;woke or no woke .Making a level playing field should be a goal of capitalism . That means businesses play under the same rules.

In Florida Disney got special favors from Repubs and then used their influence to trash Repubs. DeSantis put a stop to that .

To do that by itself took courage. He takes a lot of hits for his anti-woke stand ;and his efforts to protect children in the class room from predatory indoctrination . To do it on the eve of throwing his hat in the ring to run for President took some elephant size brass ;displaying the type of leadership the nation needs.

That puts him front and center in my book over Trump . DeSantis took action . Trump didn't .

Trump campaign knocks DeSantis over Disney’s cancelled Florida expansion | The Independent

or Nikki Haley

Even Nikki Haley Is Dunking on Ron DeSantis for His Feud With Disney | The New Republic
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2023, 05:20 AM
    I find myself sometimes hoping Trump is put in jail for no other reason than to get him off the political scene and open the door for DeSantis or someone like him.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2024, 05:06 PM
    GO WOKE GO BROKE

The Sports Illustrated edition

The once must have sport magazine ;that had an iconic annual swim suit edition , has announced it is laying off pretty much it's entire staff . It comes after it missed a$3.75 million payment which broke a licensing agreement.

Circulation has plummetted . Part of the reason is that they published shoddy unvetted AI generated articles .

“The Worst That It’s Ever Been”: Inside Sports Illustrated’s Winter of Discontent | Vanity Fair

But I suspect that they destroyed their brand after twice featuring trasnformers on the cover of their swim suit issue.

Sports Illustrated faces backlash for transgender pop star Kim Petras' swimsuit cover (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2024, 07:43 PM
    Good riddance to them.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2024, 03:41 AM
    update

Disney lost it's attempt to prevent DeSantis from removing Disney's RCID self government zone.

The compliant press is spinning it as a "settlement" .

Disney agrees to settle Florida lawsuit backed by DeSantis (cnbc.com)

In truth DeSantis kicked their a$$ !

Disney's efforts to out-maneuver DeSantis fall short under new settlement, lawsuits to be dismissed (flvoicenews.com)

In a sane world DeSantis would be the Repub nominee for President .
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 04:35 AM
    In a sane world DeSantis would be the Repub nominee for President .
    Very true. The Trump devotees have developed such a case of tunnel vision that no amount of reason can prevail. He borders on being viewed as a Messiah with many of them. I guess he can use, "Vote for me. I'm better than the current fuzzy-headed pres." as his campaign slogan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silicon Valley Bank woke and broke [ 9 Answers ]

Remember 2008 ? This week we saw the 2nd largest bank collapse in history. The repercussions are not yet realized . Silcon Valley Bank (SVB) has been shut down by regulators who cited both inadequate liquidity and insolvency. SIVB’s $209 billion in assets are roughly 2/3 of Washington Mutual...

The NY Slimes is woke....but not woke enough [ 0 Answers ]

The Slimes completely bought into the woke agenda .But for the cancel culture you cannot be too woke . As predicted when Jacobins run out of enemies to feast on ;they turn on each other . They are accused of editorial bias in covering the transformer et al community by various contributors to the...

NFL Goes with Woke Helmets [ 2 Answers ]

The NFL has announced that players can use these messages on their helmets. "End Racism," "Stop Hate," "It Takes All of Us," "Black Lives Matter," "Inspire Change" and "Say Their Stories." Why not, "End Abortion", or "Promote Two Parent Families", or "All Lives Matter", or "Latino/Asian Lives...

I am woke [ 264 Answers ]

Yes I am woke . I know I am woke. How do I know I am woke ? Well I learned my lessons from the Kavanaugh hearings that a women ;no matter how uncredible she may be ;when she makes a charge ,she is to be believed . So I have been listening to the Dem static the last few days . White ,Blonde hair...

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

View more questions Search