Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 07:52 AM
    Quora question: What evidence is there that the Bible is real?
    My response:

The Bible is a mix of parables, poetry, allegories, wisdom literature, oratory, epistles, and human stories, each with a moral. It's a beautiful interpretation of human experience from a divine perspective -- God creates the first humans and, with divine love, gives them free will, they do wrong, repent, and God forgives. That is still true to the current moment.

Is it true, is the Bible real? It definitely isn't a just science or history textbook! The most useful life-changing instruction and truth to take from it are Jesus' words, "God is love. Love one another." Thus, the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 20, 2023, 09:19 AM
    Interesting question, but not sure what is meant by, "the Bible is real". Perhaps it would be more useful to ask if the Bible is true. That, it seems to me, is the real issue.

The most useful life-changing instruction and truth to take from it are Jesus' words, "God is love. Love one another."
    If you are going to quote Jesus, please quote him accurately.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 11:21 AM
    And....??? Quote how else?
    Uber Member

May 20, 2023, 12:26 PM
    There is no "and" to it. I am simply asking you to quote accurately. You did not do that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 02:54 PM
    Then I hereby ask you for the correct quote as per which version.

In the New Testament, Jesus said the greatest commandment of all is to love God with all our heart. But He also added the second greatest commandment: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (See Mark 12:31.)

Matthew 22:37-40 New King James Version 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
    Uber Member

May 20, 2023, 07:12 PM
    Yes. Your supposed quote was not there. Thank you for showing that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 07:19 PM
    You're welcome, my dear friend in Christ. :-)
    Uber Member

May 20, 2023, 07:48 PM
    Have a good night.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2023, 07:59 PM
    You too! I slept nine hours straight thru last night. Hope I can do that again tonight as I recover from another aplastic anemia bout.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2023, 08:50 PM
    Jesus didn't say "God is love", John did in 1 John. That may have been what that was about.

Is the Bible real? Well, yeah, I have several on my shelf. They sure seem real to me. Is it accurate? Define that. Accurate in what way? Historically? Scientifically? Spiritually? Cosmologically? Terpsichorially? What does it mean in the context of the person's question? Is it true? Same series of questions. Give me clarity and accuracy or give me gerflombesnood.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2023, 04:38 AM
    Jesus didn't say "God is love", John did in 1 John. That may have been what that was about.
    Correct. And yeah, my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Bible Question [ 114 Answers ]

Can anyone provide a quote from the Bible where it is stated that unbelievers are condemned to hell for eternal punishment? The quote must contain the following: 1- "Unbelievers", not a word that may or not mean Unbelievers. 2- "Condemned", a euphemism meaning the exact same thing is...

I have a question on a search warrant and possible illegally obtained evidence. [ 10 Answers ]

If a judge signs a search warrant giving police a window of time to search, say 6pm-9pm, can anything after 9pm be taken into evidence if the time on the warrant is up?

Question regarding fees evidence and CAS for Tier 4 UK Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for the Tier 4 visa for the UK. In my CAS it's shown that my "tuition fees" are sponsored. Do I need any further evidence to prove this specific point or is CAS enough?

Ist Question in the Bible [ 11 Answers ]

What is the first question, in the Bible, asked of God by Man? And God doesn't answer. Some people think the rest of the bible is the answer. Your thoughts please.

Bible question [ 119 Answers ]

:) Hello everyone, I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things? Thanks, Happyperson

View more questions Search