Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 10:15 AM
    Sanity is prevailing..,for now,.
    World Athletics has banned transgender women from participating in women's sports at the Summer 2024 Paris Olympics to "protect the female category."
    That means all the work French native Halba Diouf has done is all for naught.
    Diouf, born a male, had been looking forward to running for her home country in France, training for the 200-meter race.
    It is refreshing to see this international organization finally taking a stand for what everyone has known to be true for millennia. Might add that someone might want to tell this guy that his efforts to look female have been in vain.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-05-10 120857.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  58.2 KB
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 10, 2023, 10:20 AM
    Needs a third category for those that have changed from birth.
    Reminds me of the Eastern European shot putters back in the day....
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 02:06 PM
    I guess it would require a third (men who think they are women) and a fourth (women who think they are men). Then there could be a fifth for those who claim to be...whatever. Where does it stop?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2023, 02:36 PM
    A baby's external organs tell the sex. The baby's brain tells its gender.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 02:46 PM
    People come under quite a number of delusions, and there is no compelling reason to believe that a person's gender can be different from his/her birth sex. It's like saying our brain tells us our age, our race, or our species. "No, I can assure, sir, you that you are not actually a dog, no matter what your feeling on the subject might be."

Baby's brains, pre-birth, are not "bathed" in hormones. We don't all start off female. Everyone's sex is determined genetically at conception. The mistruths put out about this topic are practically endless and are, generally speaking, thoroughly unscientific.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2023, 03:24 PM
    Inject regular doses of hormones into the pg mother to prevent a miscarriage and VOILA! they are absorbed into the fetus's body to make gender changes.

Yes, we all start out female.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 03:55 PM
    Inject regular doses of hormones into the pg mother to prevent a miscarriage and VOILA! they are absorbed into the fetus's body to make gender changes.
    It would have an impact. I don't doubt that, but there is not one shred of evidence to suggest it will "make gender changes". That is just pure conjecture on your part because (perhaps?) you wish it to be true. Besides, if it is true, then everyone woman injected with hormones to prevent a miscarriage would give birth to a TG child. We all know that does not even come close to being the case.

Everyone starts out either female (XX) or male (XY) with the very rare exceptions of some who have a genetic abnormality in that area. But even then, they do not show a tendency to develop into TG individuals.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2023, 04:04 PM
    Yes, it happened between the '40s and the '70s. The hormone was DES.

Diethylstilbestrol (DES) is a synthetic form of the female hormone estrogen. It was prescribed to pregnant women between 1940 and 1971 to prevent miscarriage, premature labor, and related complications of pregnancy.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 07:26 PM
    As we have discussed before, events prior to 1970 (50+ years ago) cannot account for TG in this current generation. Even worse, the evidence for DES being able to "make gender changes" is simply not there, so I have no idea why you continue to bring that up. The primary risk from DES, and the reason it was discontinued, was that it was thought to be a cancer risk. That being the case, it's an absolute dead end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol

There is a long list of side effects from this hormone at the bottom of the article. Please note that TG is not listed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2023, 08:45 PM
    Isn't it fun to discuss something with someone besides tomder???
    Uber Member

May 10, 2023, 10:29 PM
    It is always nice exchanging ideas with you and everyone else here. We are a small, select crowd!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2023, 02:52 AM
    No need to add a new catagory . They can add a new Olympics like they did for Special Olympics. Good luck coming up with a set of rules when anything goes.

Reminds me of the Eastern European shot putters back in the day.
    yes it was called cheating then and it is cheating today also.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2023, 04:18 AM
    No need to add a new catagory . They can add a new Olympics like they did for Special Olympics. Good luck coming up with a set of rules when anything goes.
    You can be certain of this. That solution is not what the TG crowd is after. They will not be happy until everyone agrees to join them in believing their delusions.

Saw this today.
    Children's hospital director says 'revolutionary' sex change clinic for kids is the same as treating diabetes. 'There are plenty of possibilities of gender. There's not just a he and a she, there's a they, there's other options,' Dr. Angela Goepferd said."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2023, 11:46 AM
    Transformer Olympics except that unlike the East German testosterone munchers the measure will be how much progesterone is consumed .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary Vs prevailing wage [ 6 Answers ]

My employee is on a weekly salary, he currently was on a job that pays prevailing wage.. the prevailing wage is more than what he gets per hour on salary.. how do I pay him? Deduct the 20 hours of regular pay and add the prevailing hourly or? Regards, Ron

Prevailing wages & Bids [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a Janitorial Company. I've done some post construction cleaning on and off also. I have the opportunity right now to work with a very good construction company doing post construction cleaning. Their requirements are: prevailing wages, insurance form CG2010 11/85 and weekly certified...

Salary and prevailing wage [ 1 Answers ]

I am an employee on salary. We work on prevailing wage projects all the time and I do the work of a general laborer and pipelayer yet my hourly salary is less than that of the prevailing wage. Is this legal? Do I have any recourse?

In need of sanity! [ 1 Answers ]

For those of you that have read my previous questions/answers , you are aware that I am going through a divorce with a very bitter man. OK so today I found out that he has stolen my address book , no ordinary address book in it is every ounce of identity data for myself. Every last account from...

View more questions Search