Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    A letter to the editor from...who knows who? That's how you know these things?
    You scream at me to add a link, to quote my source, so I obediently did so.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2023, 12:11 PM
    go Brandon go the city is much safer

Chicago Black Teen Flash Mob Riot SHUTS DOWN Armed Forces Celebration Causing Carnival Cancellation! (rumble.com)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 01:06 PM
    Now, if only Brandon would cancel the NASCAR street race in Grant Park on July 1-2. Lori musta been nuts when she agreed to that.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 24, 2023, 01:23 PM
    You scream at me to add a link, to quote my source, so I obediently did so.
    I'm beginning to doubt your claims to have been a librarian. If you believe an unsourced letter to the editor to be documentation, then you have never done work in a library. Even worse, there was not a single statement in the unsourced letter that said anything to support this allegation. "HIS way, not the way it really happened."

It's interesting how sensitive you are about having your conjecture identified as being just that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 01:45 PM
    Pppppfffffftttttt!!!!!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2023, 01:53 PM
    The fact is that STATES run education NOT some centralized College Board . Florida is NOT the only state that rejected the original Advanced Placement program .

The College Board to their credit made revisions and is still in the process of making revisions to the curriculum .

The ONLY reason that this became an issue was because of DeSantis pending run for the Presidency .

As for Florida's so call standings ; well US News and World Report has consistently ranked the state in k-12 as good and higher education as superior (as in #1 )

So it appears there is a disconnect here . The letter to the editor does not site sources . But I will

Rankings: Education - States With the Best Education (usnews.com)
    Uber Member

May 24, 2023, 02:48 PM
    It's interesting how sensitive you are about having your conjecture identified as being just that.
    "Pppppfffffftttttt!!!!!"

Thank you for verification.

As for Florida's so call standings ; well US News and World Report has consistently ranked the state in k-12 as good and higher education as superior (as in #1 )
    What??? You mean the unnamed author of the letter to the editor was wrong? Well...how about that. Maybe that illustrates what every librarian in the country already knows. Unnamed sources are actually not sources at all for anything other than speculation.

NAEP testing results, which most educators recognize as the gold standard of educational assessments, show that Florida was at or above the national average in math and reading.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 02:57 PM
    And I don't believe you are a cis male. Your bi+ching and crabbing belie that.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2023, 03:06 PM
    Really irritates you, doesn't it? Being called out for pure conjecture brings out the worst in you. "Your bi+ching and crabbing belie that." Even worse, now you have become a real misogynist by suggesting that women bi+ch and crab. How unmodern of you!!

You might want to try doing a little extra work to find some REAL documentation for your beliefs other than letters to editors. Better yet, you should consider adjusting your beliefs to fit in with reality.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 03:09 PM
    jlisenbe: Really irritates you, doesn't it? Being called out for pure conjecture brings out the worst in you.
    giggle* You ain't seed nuttin' yet, my friend!
    Uber Member

May 24, 2023, 03:12 PM
    You're right. I have seen pretty much "nuttin" from you in terms of supporting your posts.

I hope to see something more mature in the future. Keep hope alive, sister!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2023, 03:33 PM
    No support needed, am a long-time Mensan.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2023, 03:47 PM
    No support needed, am a long-time Mensan.
    Pride goeth before the fall.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2023, 04:15 AM
    I have heard often about the migration to Florida the dismissive narrative that it is the weather that draws them to the state.

I'll say it ... The weather in Florida is ok for the winter . It sucks for a lot of the year. Many days the heat and humidity are unbearable. I have been to both southern California and most of Florida . I would take southern California any day if weather were the only factor .

People are escaping California in droves to Florida and other states . Between 2020 -2022 Florida gained 600,000 residents ,,,, Texas 475,000... North Carolina 211,000 .

California ? 871,000 people fled the state .

Hundreds of thousands more left New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New Jersey for states such as Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia.

Why? Because people are sick of progressive lefty authoritarian lunacy.

DeSantis became the face of protecting personal liberty in the pandemic years while both Trump and Clueless Joe imposed draconian restrictions on liberty .Governors like Gavin Newsom, New York's il duce Cuomo, and Michigan's Gretchen Whitmer were tripping over themselves trying to become more of a dictator than the other and destroy their state's economy.

Cuomo was so sure he did a great job that he wrote a book about it. It's a sad tale of thousands of NYers dying needlessly under his watch while his staffers worked on the taxpayer's dime writing his ticket into the White House.

If weather and beautiful beaches were the criteria I would move to California in a nano-second . But I would take humid and hotter than hell Florida (and South Carolina) any day for the right to breathe free.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 04:57 AM
    the right to breathe free.
    A sadly undervalued quality in today's America. Far too many people just want the government to take care of them.

Your comments about the summer weather in FL are spot on. If not for the beaches, Florida would have far fewer incentives for tourism.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2023, 07:26 AM
    Hundreds of thousands more left New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New Jersey for states such as Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Arizona, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia.

Why? Because people are sick of progressive lefty authoritarian lunacy.

Nope, they moved in search of jobs and recreation.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 08:53 AM
    They are moving to escape high taxes, high cost of living expenses, high crime, and, in some cases, to escape liberal political agendas. Those are, of course, the same agendas that lead to high taxes, high crime, and high cost of living.

In Florida, taxes are reasonable, schools are largely good, and crime is much lower.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2023, 09:01 AM
    In Florida...plus banning books, whitewashing American history, anti-trans. The trans community is to repubs is what the Jews were to Nazis.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 10:35 AM
    banning books, whitewashing American history, anti-trans. The trans community is to repubs is what the Jews were to Nazis.
    You have about as much support for this simplistic, hateful conjecture as you do for your previous episodes of simplistic, hateful conjecture. Did this also come from an unsourced letter to an editor???
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2023, 10:50 AM
    The alphabet soup demographic is heavily populated in the Miami area . I don't see them packing and leaving in droves

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The End Of The Republican Party [ 35 Answers ]

Steve Schmidt is a long-time (decades) strategist for the Republican Party dealing at the highest levels in politics and presidential campaigns. Today, June 21, Schmidt renounced his party affiliation and urged voters to vote for the Democratic Party in November. Here is Schmidt's statement: ...

From democrate to republican [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Lourdes lightle, and I am a democrate. I want to change to republican. Please send me a new ballot. Thank you. I don't have registration with you.

What did you think about the Republican convention? [ 13 Answers ]

What did you think about the Republican convention? Was it better or worse than the Democratic one?

The Republican campaign [ 55 Answers ]

Conservatives and Republicans Does the endorsement of Mitt Romney by National Review (long time publication founded by William Buckley ) mean anything to you ? Will it have any influence on who you support ?

View more questions Search