Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2023, 03:52 PM
    reparations insanity
    Name:  rep plan.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  59.6 KB

I keep waiting for a rep plan that involves white people, and especially those descended from slave owners, to have to fork over 5 or 10 grand every year for the next twenty years to fund these insane plans. But that won't happen since it would involve those who are guilt ridden having to actually DO something painful to assuage their guilt.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64965277
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2023, 04:13 PM
    And yet another liberal idea. Let's appoint a person in charge of equity and diversity who is herself an intolerant racist. Great idea!!

Wing was put under probe by the Pentagon on Sept. 17 over tweets which referred to White people as "Karen[s]."
    "I'm exhausted with these white folx in these [professional development] sessions," she wrote.
    "[T]his lady actually had the CAUdacity to say that black people can be racist too… I had to stop the session and give Karen the BUSINESS… [W]e are not the majority, we don't have power," Wing said in a tweet.
    "Caudacity" is a slang term that is used to describe audacity demonstrated by White people.
    On another occasion, Wing responded to a user who said, "I am exhausted by 99% of the white men in education and 95% of the white women. Where can I get a break from white nonsense for a while?"
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/pentag...ti-white-posts
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2023, 03:44 AM
    Imagine this scenario .... a Black college educated person with a student loan ,residing in San Fran ,who has over $250,000 deposits in SVB , can count on having the loan forgiven ,the total amount of the deposit reimbursed AND get $5 million ; a lifetime $97,000 income and purchase a $1 home . What a great country !!!

Maybe the San Fran NAACP has a better idea
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2023, 05:21 AM
    Conspicuously missing so far in this plan is how SF plans to pay for it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2023, 05:30 AM
    They have plenty of billionaires to fleece. But more likely they will be looking to the Federal Government for a bail out .
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2023, 08:35 AM
    Cali has all the appearance of a disaster looking for a place to happen. Let's just hope it doesn't drag the rest of the country down with it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 25, 2023, 09:10 AM
    How long are these claims going to continue for, seeing that slavery was abolished over 150 years ago ?
    By the normal scale of measuring, that's over 6 generations having now passed....

If equality and fair treatment is the end goal, why continue to drag up this unsavory part of history, this action just continues the divide that is crippling America.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2023, 09:16 AM
    Too many whites refuse to consider and treat Blacks as equals. Maybe we should give that a try....
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 25, 2023, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Too many whites refuse to consider and treat Blacks as equals. Maybe we should give that a try....
    Completely agree, but it's a two way street and we should all be treated fairly and equally, no race based spacial interest groups or handouts.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2023, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Completely agree, but it's a two way street and we should all be treated fairly and equally, no race based spacial interest groups or handouts.
    Perfectly stated!
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2023, 03:59 PM
    But that has little to do with reparations, and especially with the insane proposal from SF.

The first equality to be tackled is equality under the law. That's a battle that has been largely won. The issue of treating each other "fairly and equally" is more a matter of individual hearts. I'm not sure that's a significant problem at this point. Perhaps it is, but it is far down the list of problems which are holding black black progress.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2023, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    the list of problems which are holding black black progress.
    Please tell us three problems from that list.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2023, 07:12 PM
    In the religion of woke equality is no longer a desirable outcome. It has been supplanted by equity . Equality provides equal opportunity . The new Marxist goal is ensuring equal results .The irony is that the only way to obtain the egalitarian presumption of the goal is to abandon equality . For government it means that if a policy meant to obtain equality results in unequal outcomes it becomes a discriminatory policy .

Explain to a white laborer from families who were destitute in Europe and arrived in the US in the 20th century how that person will be paying taxes to pay reparations to a Black Stanford U engineer residing in San Francisco who's family arrived here from Africa in the 20th Century . Tell the 1st generation immigrant from Latin America how it is fair for them to pay taxes so that Stanford U grad can be paid reparations.

Chief Justice Roberts in a 2007 SCOTUS decision wrote "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2023, 08:00 PM
    1. The near total disintegration of the black two-parent family which plays a significant role in the next two.
    2. Poor educational outcomes in public schools.
    3. Black criminal activity, the great majority of which impacts other black individuals.

The wonderful news is that black Americans can solve all three of them with very little need for government or white involvement. The starting point is #1.

Explain to a white laborer from families who were destitute in Europe and arrived in the US in the 20th century how that person will be paying taxes to pay reparations to a Black Stanford U engineer residing in San Francisco who's family arrived here from Africa in the 20th Century . Tell the 1st generation immigrant from Latin America how it is fair for them to pay taxes so that Stanford U grad can be paid reparations.
    Great observation.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2023, 04:10 AM
    Imagine the irony if descendants of John Carruthers Stanly
    , Marianne Dragon, Andrew Durnford, Sally Seymore were to receive reparations. (All 4 were free Blacks who owned slaves.)

What is really needed is to free Blacks from the Democrat's plantation of dependency, especially in cities like San Francisco.Chicago and New York .
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2023, 04:51 AM
    It's the problem of freedom. In order to be free to succeed, we must also be free to fail. Those who succeed should not be held responsible for those who fail.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2023, 10:08 AM
    Well documented road out of poverty. 1. Graduate from high school. 2. Get a job. 3. Do not have children until you are married.

Over 95% of those who do those three things get out of poverty. So simple, but it does require a person to take responsibility for his/her own actions. Can't just whine and point a finger at others.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2023, 04:48 AM
    Activists met with the reparations committee and claimed the $5 million is not enough.

"I believe that 5 million in reparations is too little for the work that foundational Black Americans have done for this country and as well for other countries,"

'Five million is too little!' California reparations taskforce told black residents EACH get $7.6m | Daily Mail Online

Black Californians may be owed $800bn in reparations, economists tell state | California | The Guardian

Meanwhile Reverend Tony Pierce said that residency requirements for reparations should be waived .
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2023, 05:05 AM
    I guess it's only right for SF to purge its sinful participation in slavery. Weren't they a part of the old Confederacy? I think Lee was raised in Cali. [SARC]
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2023, 05:26 AM
    lol California entered the union as a free state after the 1850 compromise. 17,000 Californians served in the Union Army during the Civil War out of a total population of less than 400,000.... the highest per capita of any state.

There was some Confederate sympathy and even some slavery in the state. But over all it was pro-Union. If any group has grievances against the state it would be Native Americans
    Nome Cult Trail (arcgis.com)

Many of the new Union forces from California were sent to fight Apache's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Definition of Insanity ala Trump [ 30 Answers ]

Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. So Trump resubmits basically the same executive order and is shocked when a judge again stops it nationwide. Trump still refuses to understand the First Amendment - probably because he hasn't read it yet. By his own admission he reads one...

Has anyone here tried Insanity Workout? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in my 3 week of Insanity, today I have my 15day Fit Test. Obviously I do not see any big changes, its only been 2 weeks, but I do feel better, and I am not doing the diet they give you, I am just watching what I eat, no pop, no fast food, eat smaller portions, water all day. I know they say...

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Insanity [ 3 Answers ]

How does one get an insane wife committed?

Government insanity [ 242 Answers ]

Ahhh... our ever-efficient government strikes again. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich A couple of questions. 1) Who is the schmuck that complained that his neighbor was watching other people's kids? I want to find that idiot and just...

View more questions Search