Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2023, 05:20 AM
    Kangaroo court - the sequel
    Get ready for another prime time show trial

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg is set to indict Trump this week . Trump has stated he expects to be arrested Tuesday . For maximum effect they should raid his home with SWAT teams and frog tie and march him while CNN cameras record the event. Rachael Madcow wiil cheerl lead the event . It is what the public in the bluest of blue states wants . In almost every other jurisdiction in the nation the case would've been laughed out of a Grand Jury room. It has all the elements of serious news coverage that ' News Nation' looks for .....a salacious story and endless coverage of a trial.

The Justice Dept wouldn't touch it even though the only charges are about Federal Campaign finances . When John Edward was involved with more serious charges it went nowhere. The problem is Trump's celebrity status .The charge is that he paid hush money to Stormy Daniels . He probably did . But the issue is was it for election purposes or for a number of other reasons why a celebrity would shell out $$ for their reputation .

The Feds in the 2nd District already did this investigation and decided it was not worth pursuing . Before Braggs the DA was Cyrus Vance Jr . He did the investigation and decided the case was a nothing burger. Even Braggs initially rejected the case.He had prosecutors resign over that call. One of them ,Mark F. Pomerantz,wrote a book about the case .

People vs. Donald Trump: An Inside Account: Pomerantz, Mark: 9781668022443: Amazon.com: Books

The book sold . So now Bragg seeing the opportunity to become a celeb prosecutor is hell bent on bringing the case to trial The path to the Guv of NY is to be a celeb DA .

More on the spectific charges when the indictment happens . It is probably a tax case of a falsifying business records case since all the avenues of election violations have been explored and rejected .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
    I imagine it's an effort to cripple Trump's chances in the next pres election more than anything else. Musk's opinion, for what it's worth, is that this decision may very well backfire on them.

"If this happens, Trump will be re-elected in a landslide victory," Musk tweeted Saturday.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/musk...re-true-2023-3
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2023, 08:16 AM
    Here is the John Edwards link

John Edwards walks free after chaotic end to corruption trial | John Edwards | The Guardian

Yes clearly this is timed to coincide with the election season and it will probably last unttl the end of next year before charges are dismissed in January 2025 . Bragg has already missed the statute of limitations for a misdemeanor sec 175 of NY law (2 years )

Falsifying Business Records: NY PL 175.10 and 175.15 | New York Criminal Defense Lawyers (new-york-lawyers.org)

But he will try to make it a felony by linking it to Federal campaign finance laws that the Justice Dept has already decided to ignore.
    the “intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.”

New York Penal Law § 175.10 (2022) - Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree. :: 2022 New York Laws :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

The Feds gave Evita a slap on the wrist for funding the Steele Dossier and then burying it in the campaign's legal expenses ..... and did not charge Trump at all .

None of this matters . It is great theatre and should make the talking heads that spent weeks pontificating about the Murdoch murder case orgasmic . But Trump lives in a PT Barnum world where no publicity is bad publicity . There is a risk for the Dems by keeping Trump front and center . They know it too. But they just can't help themselves .
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2023, 05:27 AM
    Or maybe the Trump martyrdom serves their purpose. Is it a coincidence that Trump will be indicted in the middle of revelations about the Biden crime family distributing more than $1million of Chinese bucks amongst themselves ? A simultaneous hit may come from the Georgia grand jury's show trial .

The Biden crime family story was getting so big that even the Slimes was covering it .
    The only thing the compliant press had to balance the story was that Trump was gifted golf clubs from Japan that are now missing .

Report: $3,755 Gold Golf Club Japan's PM Gave to Trump Is Missing (businessinsider.com)

They have their stooge in soft on crime Soros funded DA Bragg ;who when entering office declared that prostitution was no longer a crime worth pursuing .

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg Says His Office Won't Prosecute Fare Evasion, Resisting Arrest, Prostitution And More Without Accompanying Felony Charge - CBS New York (cbsnews.com)

Ok so prostitution is not to be charged . But paying a prostitute to keep silent is to be charged.

And who is his star witness ? Michael Cohen who is a convicted perjurer .
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2023, 05:43 AM
    It's always struck me that any DA who decides, "We won't pursue X, Y, and Z because...well, because I just don't want to," is putting himself above the law. It's a sort of kingship.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2023, 06:26 AM
    and of course this decision was announced AFTER he was elected . Prosecutorial discretion is probably necessary when making decisions based on resource availability . In this case he refuses to also prosecute theft and some violent crimes ;but is using his resources as a political gotcha tool .
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2023, 06:52 AM
    How much you wanna bet he'd be more than happy to prosecute a pro-life protestor?
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2023, 09:43 AM
    The Bee seems to agree with Musk.

MANHATTAN, NY — Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has announced a brilliant new plan to get Trump elected President in 2024.
    "I will stop at absolutely nothing to put Trump back in the White House where he belongs," said Mr. Bragg. "I'm about to charge up his base like you've never seen!"
    https://babylonbee.com/news/manhatta...m_medium=email
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2023, 03:36 AM
    A letter from star witness Michael Cohen's attorney Stephen M Ryan to the FEC ,destroys Cohen's alleged testimony to the grand jury in NYC, and his direct testimony to Congress. Yesterday the grand jury session was abruptly halted without explanation . This may be why.

Cohen told Congress that Trump directed him to make the payment so it could not be traced back to Trump. This letter says the opposite.

It could be that Cohen lied to his lawyer about the payments and Cohen was covering for Trump before Cohen flipped and became a state's witness. So when was he lying.....then or now ?
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2023, 03:35 PM
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2023, 03:42 PM
    I wonder if the dems are going to pay her "un-hush" money?
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2023, 06:41 PM
    Robert Costello is a former legal advisor to star witness Michael Cohen.
    Cohen has waived attorney client privilege
    He was a surprise witness testifying to the Grand Jury. He may have put the nail in the coffin of the case.

According to Costello Bragg neglected to give the Grand Jury pages and pages of exculpatory evidence emails about the case.He claims Bragg cherry picked about a half dozen of the docs he submitted and used them to make the case against Trump.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2023, 05:27 AM
    The Dems and the compliant press are turning sour on this case. Why ? Not because of the injustice of perseucting Trump . They are afraid that Bragg's case is so weak that it could potentially undermine other efforts to 'get Trump' .

It’s unwise to get Trump on a technicality | Financial Times (ft.com)
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2023, 05:08 AM
    Will the indictment go down ? Maybe Bragg will get the message that it is a bad play now that il Duce Cuomo has attacked him for the prosecution.

On a radio interview ,Cuomo said that both the politically motivated Bragg and Georgia investigations of Trump were part of a “cancer in our body politic.” He said prosecutors bringing “partisan” cases confirms people’s “cynicism.”
    “I don’t believe a Democratic prosecutor just happens to be attacking a Republican. I don’t believe a Republican prosecutor just happens to be attacking a Democrat. I think it’s all politics, and I think that’s what the people of this country are saying”

Andrew Cuomo slams NY, Georgia investigations into Trump as feeding ‘cancer in our body politic’ (yahoo.com)

Dan Abrams made an interesting observation on “This Week”.
    “So when people say to me sometimes, well, this had been me, I would have been prosecuted for sure. My response is, if this had been you, I don’t know if, seven years later, they would have revisited this misdemeanor and try to turn it into a felony. So it is a challenging legal theory. They may be able to do it, but there are problems here.”
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2023, 03:18 PM
    And it happened . The whole nation is retreating for Easter /Passover break . So what better time to indict Trump . They will let the details stew for more than a week with the compliant press reporting ..... "the first former President indicted " .
    Clueless will talk of his favorite ice cream as he has in the last couple days during the Nashville shooting story.
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2023, 03:19 PM
    Easter is next weekend.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2023, 03:31 PM
    New York grand jury investigating Trump will take a break for part of April : NPR

Check out House and Senate April schedules .
    2023CongressionalCalendar.pdf (nab.org)
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2023, 03:35 PM
    Easter is not a fed holiday? That's surprising. I guess when they are not in session, it doesn't make much difference.

At any rate, I need that job. Cushy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2023, 03:53 PM
    The only person in the nation with more time off is Clueless Joe He takes long weekends . 40% of his time.

Joe Biden, 'vacationer in chief' | Washington Examiner
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2023, 03:51 AM
    Last year Bragg reduced 53% of felonies to misdemeanors.

The indictment is allegedly 30 counts . Probably more than just the Stormy Daniels payoff. This trial will be the greatest reality show of all times .

https://tenor.com/view/al-paciono-pa...r-gif-13807224

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kangaroo Court exposed [ 27 Answers ]

Unfiltered video that the Jan 6 Kangaroo court sham hearings did not bother to show in their slick produced narration of events on January 6 reveal a different tale of the riot . True it was a riot . But that is only part of the story Jacob Chansley; the so called “QAnon Shaman.” who walked...

Kangaroo Movie [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys I saw this movie about 8 years ago if I remember correctly it was this kangaroo ninja movie wheres this kid goes into the sewers to do graffiti because of peer pressure and he has to cross this pipe to get to the wall and there's this whirlpool under it the boy falls in and meets these...

Kangaroo movie? [ 1 Answers ]

There's this movie with kangaroos and this boy gets pushed doan a drain or something and gets in this magical world with a book that he can only read. The kangaroos are like earth,wind,fire,metal,and this other one. Its kind of cheesy but does anyone know the name? Its either late 80s or early...

Is there a sequel to Rosemarys Baby? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a sequel to Rosemary's Baby, if so are they the OMEN movies?

View more questions Search