Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 02:11 PM
    The abnormal has become the new normal.
    30 years ago, if a public library had brought in drag queens for a reading time for children, the library would have been in trouble with the law. Now, when a public library in Canada does that, the guy who protests is arrested. How far we have fallen.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadi...ted-perversion
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 02:28 PM
    Not true about your "30 years ago"! People weren't as uptight and "the law" was more open-minded.

Public libraries have always loved to put on all sorts of presentations that appeal to their patrons' ranges of interests and introduce them and the public to new experiences.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2023, 04:27 PM
    Public libraries have always loved to put on all sorts of presentations that appeal to their patrons' ranges of interests and introduce them and the public to new experiences.

Not in the town I lived in ;and not in the town I live now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Not in the town I lived in ;and not in the town I live now.
    Then they aren't true public libraries. Probably not members of ALA (the national library organization) either.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 04:52 PM
    It wasn't true in anyone's town 30 years ago. That anyone would present a bunch of men dressing up as women to young children and consider that normal is criminal in my view. At the least, they should lose their jobs. Instead, the protestor is arrested. Incredible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 05:07 PM
    I was employed by a public library back then. No problem with drag queens. You shudda seen how some of our patrons and visitors were dressed!

Why on earth would drag queens reading to kids in a public library be criminal?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 05:16 PM
    I don't believe the public library you worked in was bringing in drag queens to read to children. Not thirty years ago.

Because it is portraying that which is obscene and improper as being normal, and doing that to impressionable young children.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2023, 05:39 PM
    The world is sick and getting sicker
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 05:43 PM
    We definitely would have allowed drag queens to have storytime in the YP department. We would have even welcomed Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones and Robin Williams as Mrs. Doubtfire.

When I worked evenings, I sometimes chatted a bit with an older woman who often came in to do research. "She" was a male college professor in a nearby town.

I remember another younger, nicely dressed woman who came into the ladies' washroom as I was putting in new rolls of t.p. and paper towels. "Her" deep male voice alerted me. We debated whether the t.p. should flow over the top of the roll or hang behind it. We agreed on the latter.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Because it is portraying that which is obscene and improper as being normal, and doing that to impressionable young children.
    What about it is obscene and improper?

"Impressionable children"??? You don't realize how much children love to pretend and dress up?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 06:19 PM
    Children play all sorts of games. Boys play shoot-em-up, but we don't bring convicted murderers in to read to them.

Obscene? Yeah, I'd say so. It's hardly an image we want our children being encouraged to emulate.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-03-16 201823.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  20.0 KB
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 06:27 PM
    Children play all sorts of games. Boys play shoot-em-up, but we don't bring convicted murderers in to read to them.
    Convicted murderers??? By your rules, boys should only be reading their Bible story book.
    Obscene? Yeah, I'd say so. It's hardly an image we want our children being encouraged to emulate.
    Please find and choose the most obscene, scary, most ridiculous photo possible.

Too bad you haven't had much experience being around children. They love scary stuff -- stories, people, adventures like going through the haunted house during Halloween. Of course, responsible adults warn them and talk about it beforehand.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 06:43 PM
    Convicted murderers??? By your rules, boys should only be reading their Bible story book.
    Another of your incredibly off-base misreadings.

Too bad you haven't had much experience being around children.
    Yeah. Only 34 years as a teacher and principal, most of them with K-6 kids. So your comment is absurd.

Leave it to you to bury your head in the sand. Leave it to you to defend this madness.

Name:  dq in library.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  45.8 KB
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 07:05 PM
    Another of your incredibly off-base misreadings.
    Somebody has to call you on your ridiculous posts.
    Yeah. Only 34 years as a teacher and principal, most of them with K-6 kids. So your comment is absurd.
    I've had more years of experience with children plus in a variety of locations.
    Leave it to you to bury your head in the sand. Leave it to you to defend this madness.
    There is no madness. I wonder how you have fun -- maybe stacking empty pop cans or shooting defenseless birds and squirrels?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 07:40 PM
    I've had more years of experience with children plus in a variety of locations.
    Unsurprisingly, a completely inaccurate comment. I'd have several hundred children every day.

There is no madness.
    Not in your mind, I suppose. For everyone else...

Name:  dq2.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  17.0 KB

I wonder how you have fun
    Not like you. You can be sure of that. Martin Luther would disown you.

Name:  dq3.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  17.6 KB

I just wonder what idiot came up with this idea. Was he/she just sitting around one day and thought, "Wouldn't it be a wholesome, productive activity to bring in a man garishly and obscenely dressed like a woman and let him read to the kiddos?"
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 07:51 PM
    I still want to know why you deleted your post.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 08:11 PM
    Women dress like men. Does your wife wear pants and a t-shirt or do you forbid it?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2023, 08:32 PM
    Did you not look at those photos for even two seconds? And you really want to compare that to women wearing pants and t-shirts designed and made for women? Good grief.

Why did you delete your post? Why are you afraid to answer that simple question?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 16, 2023, 08:40 PM
    That's NOT how drag queens look when they go to public libraries.

Why are you obsessing over a post I deleted?
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2023, 02:17 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this normal or abnormal? [ 4 Answers ]

I am the age of 20, who choose not to go on dates, movies, hang with friends, have a boyfriend or girlfriend nor go shopping to see the latest fashion in stores. Instead, I spend most of my time cooped up in the room and on my computer talking to my family and classmates from Facebook. I never talk...

Is this abnormal or normal for 13 year old boy? [ 2 Answers ]

My penise on some days is about 5-6 in hard one day and other days its about 6-7 in hard why iz that and iz it normal it goes back and forth with the size should I c a doctor I'm seroius need serious answer *** I'm not really worried I waz jw because its weird like one day ill have a...

Is normal or poor Semen analysis abnormal 61%. Dead sperms 45% [ 6 Answers ]

So. Please help me how much sperms count want to be normal... my normal sperm counting is 39% and abnormal sperms counting is 61%... my live sperm counting is 55% and dead sperms counting is 45%... NORMAL SPERMS 39% ABNORMAL SPERMS 61% Head Defect 51%+ Mid Piece Defect 3%+ Tail Defect 7%...

Is he normal or am I abnormal [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend a long while now, we are both in our 20s. From the start he has always vocalised sex, and told me when he is horny etc. as I had never been in a relationship I found it hard and there was tension between us, as sometimes I got embarrassed etc. now I'm finding I'm...

Abnormal Hair Test Transforming to Normal, possible? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently taken a Hair Follicle Drug Test through the Courthouse. I received my test results in the mail a few days ago. The results displayed exactly these words: * "The hair sample submitted is an unsuitable specimen that a) appears to be heavily contaminated with drug beyond that which...

View more questions Search