Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2023, 03:22 PM
    Repubs no longer the neo-con party
    Oh there are some hold overs like Lindsey Graham and much of the Repub leadership like Yertle the turtle and former Rep Liz Cheney in the swamp. But with Ron DeSantis coming out against an endless war in Ukraine ;about 75 % of Repub voters support candidates that are not too keen on a US interventionist foreign policy .

Ron DeSantis Says Protecting Ukraine Is Not a Key U.S. Interest - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

DeSantis saying Ukraine support is not 'vital' national interest sparks backlash in GOP | CNN Politics

Trump has long made his views on foreign intervention clear . DeSantis has removed the issue from the head to head debate against Trump . Nikki Haley is still in the interventionist camp.

Vivek Ramaswamy on Ukraine ? He's noting how our concentration on Ukraine is diverting our attention from the real threat .......China . I agree .
    The main thing should be the main thing: focus on China. China wants the Ukraine war to last as long as possible to deplete Western military capacity before invading Taiwan. It’s working: we think we *look* stronger by helping Ukraine, but we actually *become* weaker vs. China.

Vivek Ramaswamy on Twitter: "The main thing should be the main thing: focus on China. China wants the Ukraine war to last as long as possible to deplete Western military capacity before invading Taiwan. It’s working: we think we *look* stronger by helping Ukraine, but we actually *become* weaker vs. China." / Twitter
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2023, 04:50 PM
    Flashback 2016

Obama Sees Ukraine as Putin's Client State - Atlantic Council
    Obama’s theory here is simple: Ukraine is a core Russian interest but not an American one, so Russia will always be able to maintain escalatory dominance there.

“The fact is that Ukraine, which is a non-nato country, is going to be vulnerable to military domination by Russia no matter what we do,” he said.

I asked Obama whether his position on Ukraine was realistic or fatalistic.
    “It’s realistic,” he said. “But this is an example of where we have to be very clear about what our core interests are and what we are willing to go to war for. And at the end of the day, there’s always going to be some ambiguity.”

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

REPUBS have left an opportunity for the Dems [ 2 Answers ]

Will they seize it ? Probably not . Veronique DeRugy in Reason Mag says that since the Repubs seem hell bent on becoming Dem lite ;there is an opening for the Dems to grab the baton from the Repubs to become the party of opportunity . Very often, the better approach is to create the best...

Are Virginia Repubs stupid ? [ 0 Answers ]

Don't answer that was a rhetorical question . Of course they are . How do I know ? Because they allowed that Democrat activist posing as a newsman Chuck Todd to moderate the debate between the Governor candidates Dem Terry McAuliffe and Repub nominee Glenn Youngkin . Virginia Gubernatorial...

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search