Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2023, 10:06 AM
    NYC to pay BLM 'mostly peaceful' protesters
    Hope you don't bust a gut laughing too hard.

During the BLM riots .....oops I mean mostly peaceful protests ; significant damage was done in the city especially to mom and pop businesses. At least 450 were damaged and many remain closed to this day.
    NYC and the Courts awarded the businesses $10 thousand in compensation for having their life work destroyed by the marauders

Hundreds of New York City Businesses Were Damaged, Looted in Recent Unrest - WSJ

NYC Small Business Emergency Grant Program - NYC Business

There were some arrests made . Those arrested filed a class action suit . The court just awarded the largest payout for mass arrests in history . Hundreds of them will receive $21,500 from the city .

Get that ? $10,000 for businesses destroyed . $21,500 for being arrested during a riot.

What did the cops do that was so henious ?
    They used zip tie handcuffs and weren't wearing masks during the arrests ,(I kid you not )

New York Will Pay Millions to Protesters Violently Corralled by Police - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

“police officers responding to protests frequently failed to wear masks or to assist detained protesters in covering their noses and mouths, and on occasion even forcibly removed protesters’ masks, exposing protesters to a heightened risk of contracting COVID-19.”
    Family businesses lost everything and cops and civilians were badly wounded during the BLM riots, but the police officers didn’t always wear masks when trying to control those riots."
    BLM Rioters Get $6M Because Cops Didn’t Wear Face Masks | Frontpage Mag

(stop laughing )
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2023, 10:50 AM
    Yet another reason not to live in NYC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desperate For a Peaceful Solution, Making me ill! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here so a fast summary before I ask my question is only right. I am 43, single, no kids at home. I have ovarian cancer since 2004, with a total of 8 surgeries, six months of chemo, and just had my last one was the end of May. I have Bipolar, PTSD, OCD along with other problems I can't...

War Protesters [ 27 Answers ]

So where are those hundreds of thousands of anti-war protesters ? Shouldn't they be on the streets protesting in Europe ;and the United States over the illegal war of aggression being conducted by Russia against Georgia ? Where are the burning Russian flags and paper mache Putins hanging in effigee...

Peaceful Protest [ 4 Answers ]

What do I need to do to organize a peaceful political protest at my state capital?

Very twisted, yet peaceful [ 17 Answers ]

OK, I was in an abusive marriage for 5 years. My husband was basically the cycle of abuse to the hilt! During my twisted marriage, I reconnected with one of my friends from high school (a guy). My husband encouraged this relationship and would tell me to call my friend when he did not want to deal...

Peaceful Political Protest [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to do to stage a peaceful political protest at my state capitol?

View more questions Search