Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kylev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
    A new motor for my 95 civic
    I am trying to find a used motor for my 95 civic. I had some questions about what type of motor I can use. Does it have to be the same stock motor in order to line up with the transmission? Or could I put in a 1.6 vtec or a B16 or B18 motor? Will these motors line up with my stock transmission?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Same year and model would be easier.
    If you Find Nice Motor that fits, Make sure you get associated electronic system parts.
    If you don't get them then, you will probably have to get later.
    I would get manual for your own car and look at prospective Engine Manual and compare
    Talk to a couple of Honda Mechanics. If getting cars side by side for comparison not possible. Take pictures of your Engine and parts layout, compare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic Blower Motor [ 3 Answers ]

I need to change the blower motor on my honda Civic It us under the dash on the passanger side. It has 3 screws. I have all 3 of them off, but the floor-board is too close to let the motor drop down. And of course the fan is attatched to the motor. How do I get the motor out?

3ph motor [ 5 Answers ]

I'm having only a single phase supply. How can I run my 3phase motor without using A phase converter?

GE motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE motor that I believe is from an old washer. It has 5 wires. Black to white is 0 ohms, red to white or red to black is 3.9 ohms, yellow to blue is 2.0 ohms. There appears to be "no" centrifugal switch, so I don't think it's a capacitor start but with all the wires I think it might be a...

Honda Civic 95 run motor on stand [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I Have a running 95 Honda civic that was hit. I am trying to take the motor out and make it run out of the car. I unplugged the computer and moved it to the engine compartment and tried to do the same with the wiring on the driver side. What wires are absolutely necessary to make the...

AC Motor [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Rewire a AC Motor that is used on Conveyors?

View more questions Search