Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 10:50 AM
    You are too fearful to answer such a question. It's your usual MO.

Every time I read this, I think about you. Like them, you are smart enough to spot a question that, if answered honestly, would prove to be damaging to your beliefs, so you just avoid it. Sad.

they discussed it among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’ 26But if we say, ‘From man,’ we are afraid of the crowd, for they all hold that John was a prophet.” 27So they answered Jesus, “We do not know.”
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You are too fearful to answer such a question. It's your usual MO.
    Fodder for discussion, Sir!!!! Fear has nothing to do with it!

"How was Jesus raised from the dead?' Discussion point #1 -- Was He raised or did He raise Himself?
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 10:57 AM
    As usual, the fearful person tries to answer a question with a question. Like I said, it is your MO.

It's why you consistently avoided the question until you could not do otherwise. As I said, it's a sad sight. Fear makes us act in strange ways.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 11:16 AM
    As usual, the fearful person tries to answer a question with a question. Like I said, it is your MO.
    Apparently, you do not understand how discussion works. It isn't a war of flat-out belief statements from each participant.

To continue the discussion, Bob joins in with:

Hmmm, "Was He raised or did He raise Himself?" Well, Jesus is God so He very likely raised Himself, yet various Bible verses say God raised Him. Soooo, why couldn't Jesus raise Himself and save His Father the work? Was Jesus REALLY God? And why would Jesus lay back and let His Father do all the work?
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 11:19 AM
    Thank you for an answer to a question that has not been asked. This is the question you claim to be "discussing", but in reality are doing anything but.

How was Jesus raised from the dead? Can you explain that naturally?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 11:24 AM
    Thank you for an answer to a question that has not been asked. This is the question you claim to be "discussing", but in reality are doing anything but.

How was Jesus raised from the dead? Can you explain that naturally?
    I added more to Bob's discussion point in Post #24. Yes, discussion.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 11:31 AM
    Yes, you have done all you could do to avoid answering a simple question, including conducting a fantasy "discussion" with an imaginary person.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 11:46 AM
    Yes, you have done all you could do to avoid answering a simple question, including conducting a fantasy "discussion" with an imaginary person.
    Discussion does not always answer a question, but brings up additional points of view, things to consider. Discussion is not the same as answering.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 11:48 AM
    Discussion is not the same as answering.
    With you it certainly is not.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 11:52 AM
    With you it certainly is not.
    So, I gather you aren't interested in discussion. You want an answer that, no matter what it is or how correct it may be, you will then stomp on it. I get it.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2023, 12:10 PM
    You want an answer that, no matter what it is or how correct it may be, you will then stomp on it. I get it.
    Why is it always someone else's fault with you? Can you not take some responsibility for your own actions/inactions? You have refused to answer which is your privilege, and I'm not surprised. Really, there is no point in this continued waste of time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2023, 12:21 PM
    Why is it always someone else's fault with you? Can you not take some responsibility for your own actions/inactions? You have refused to answer which is your privilege, and I'm not surprised. Really, there is no point in this continued waste of time.
    The question has several possible answers (not just one). It would be fun to explore the possibilities!

You want an answer to that question? Okay, I will answer. I will give $100 to Athos if I answer and then you tell me what I suspect you will, that it's wrong.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2023, 03:11 PM
    lisenbe
    You want an answer that, no matter what it is or how correct it may be, you will then stomp on it. I get it.
    So let's hear your answer. That might make a good starting point.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2023, 03:57 PM
    If you had kept up with this thread, then I think you would have seen that answering the question was not really the point. WG had mocked evangelicals with this. "Fundamentalist/evangelical taking the path of least resistance: "You ask, how did Noah feed all those animals on the ark for over a month? My answer: Doesn't matter. God took care of it."

My point in asking her about the resurrection was to show that God raising Jesus from the dead makes all other events in the Bible possible. That's why, I think, she did not care to answer it. Too dangerous.

As to my answer, it would be this. "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2023, 04:24 PM
    As to my answer, it would be this. "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."
    Why didn't Jesus, being part of the Godhead, raise Himself?

Please explain what "quicken your mortal bodies" means?
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2023, 04:43 PM
    So now I'm supposed to do all the answering? Oh well.

1. It makes no difference, but I would imagine that it had to do with the total dependence on his Father that his life exemplified for us.
    2. Quicken is an old English word that means to bring to life.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2023, 04:48 PM
    So now I'm supposed to do all the answering? Oh well.
    No. This is a discussion. You answer, then ask a related question of your own.
    1. It makes no difference, but I would imagine that it had to do with the total dependence on his Father that his life exemplified for us.
    2. Quicken is an old English word that means to bring to life.
    Thank you. I like your first answer and agree wirth it. As for "quicken", I wasn't sure where you were going by citing that verse.

Now, please ask a related question.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2023, 04:50 PM
    "How was Jesus raised from the dead? Can you explain that naturally?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2023, 04:56 PM
    "How was Jesus raised from the dead? Can you explain that naturally?"
    Since He was a Person in the Trinity, I would have expected Him to raise Himself -- as a proof He's God. His Father raising Him did, as you stated, indicate the total dependence He had on His Father and thus gave us an example.

My question: Why three days in the tomb?
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2023, 04:59 PM
    So why you could not have done that days ago is just a mystery. But since His Father was fully able to do so, then I would think feeding a bunch of animals on the ark would have been a piece of cake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Nature of Religious Fundamentalism [ 11 Answers ]

Fundamentalism apparently is a part of all religious traditions. In what ways (if any) are these fundamentalist traditions similar? In Christianity, for example, there is a tendency to view its sacred writings as literal. Is that true of other religions?

From Religious Affiliation to No Religious Association [ 17 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if there are people here who have chosen to leave a certain religious community and did not replace it with another...like going from Christianity to atheism for example... If so, what was it like to tell your family? Did they push you away, try to change you, or accept...

Fundamentalism [ 3 Answers ]

What are the differnces and similarities between fundamentalism in in Abrahamic religions?

Fundamentalism and religion [ 6 Answers ]

To be fundamentalist about religion is considered fanaticism, which leads to extreme stands and actions to protect one's beliefs and to uphold them above all else. This sounds like something to be avoided at all costs... is there any other way to read this?

View more questions Search