Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dakini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 07:01 AM
    USB not working after service pack 2
    Hi there,

I have a little problem with my laptop TCM Cytron MD40200, motherboard ACPI\PNP0C02.

I had XP Professional installed and everything worked OK but as soon as I installed service pack to the usb would not recognize any of the devices I would plug into it. I thought I needed to update the driver, so I did for my TW-Link wireless adapter, but still - as far as the system is concerned, it shows is not connected at all.

I was wondering if anyone can help. Will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dakini
    vader85 Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Try getting your motherboard's latest chipset drivers.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 3, 2007, 07:37 AM
    As a side note, "ACPI\PNP0C02" is not your motherboard model. It is a motherboard resource ID string.

Have you tried other usb devices? Are they all not being recognized?

Is device manager showing a yellow exclamation mark besides the USB hub?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Pack heating quit working [ 6 Answers ]

Well everything was working fine. At christmas I got a new thermostat that you can program to turn on and off according to when your home. I wired it up and its been working for the last month. Today it just quit working. The blower and everything else won't even turn on. I put it on auto and tried...

Service pack 2 of XP [ 1 Answers ]

Can I load safely service pack 2 over win xp?

Service pack 2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I currently have Service pack 1 and want to go to Service pack 2 but don't know how. Could someone please tell me how? Thanks

Service Pack 2 v 2096 [ 0 Answers ]

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP.

Windows XP update failures after Service Pack 2 installation [ 2 Answers ]

Since installing XP Service Pack 2, the few updates that have occurred subsequently have all failed to install after downloading. Downloading seems to reach 95% completion normally and then slows right down. 'failed' then appears against the update name.

View more questions Search