Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cossack Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2005, 06:25 PM
    Abdominal hernia
    Hey everybody. I'm a 14 year old guy and I'm pretty sure that I have abdominal hernia. Please guys, help me. I need to know how much it would cost to get rid of it at the min and at the max in $. See, I didn't even tell my parents yet because I'm kind of embarrassed but its not the main reason. We're not really that rich, if you know what I mean. I don't even have a med insurance, so I'm kind of concerned about the money, you know?
    And yes, I know that it's dangerous to play with the health and all that stuff, but its just the surgery cost that's kind of scaring me.
    Speaking of which, is the only possible way to getrid of it a surgery, or can a doctor do somepin else?
    Thank You Sooooo much.
    jj2546 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2005, 07:42 PM
    I have had 2 hernia operations but I am a older guy, the best way is have a doctor look at it and he can tell you for sure if it is a hernia, what happens is the muscle tears and let the intestines bulge out and it can be dangerous. The price can vary a lot but most of the time they can be done and you can go home the same day The only way they can be fixed is by surgery but there are belts you can get to prevent it from bulging out more. Some things you can do is loose weight if you are over weight avoid heavy lifting. But most importand is see the doctor I put it off to long and it stranglated and it was bad , but good luck and get it taken care of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hernia: preventing testicle pain while lifting! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

Abdominal Pain! Help! [ 4 Answers ]

I know this may sound gross but please bare with me... I have pain in my abdominum when I have intercourse, when I have bowel movements, when I urinate, and when I have gas... it really hurts now and I don't think I can ignore it. I don't have insurance to go to the doctor that is why I came...

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

View more questions Search