Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2022, 02:14 PM
    Republicans Offer FRAUD to Congress
    George Santos TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY LIED about his experience and got elected as a Republican. The ever-vigilant press outed him and published his incredible series of lies including his being a criminal in another country, his false Jewish faith, his made-up education, his complete fabrication about his job as an executive - and more.

Here's the kicker - today he admitted that he "embellished his resume", but he's still "a good person". Can you believe it?

Kicker #2 - Nary a peep from McCarthy or any other Rep. They will DO and ALLOW ANYTHING TO KEEP THEIR slight lead in Congress. The nation be damned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, you right-wingers - Here's your chance to do your usual whataboutism - like, What about the Clinton Crime Family? What about the laptop? You're all TOO predictable.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2022, 02:52 PM
    The strange thing is how that "ever-vigilant press" managed to not find out any of this until weeks after the election. The lying was pretty widespread, so how did they miss it until now?

It certainly would be much better if he was a genuinely honest person like the Clintons, Warren, Biden, Pelosi, and the rest of the highly ethical democrat crew that the "ever-vigilant press" (and Athos) keep such an accurate eye on. Note: That is intended to be recognized as sarcastic. But I'll tell you what. I'll be glad to swap this dishonest repub for a dishonest dem of your choice.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2022, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The strange thing is how that "ever-vigilant press" managed to not find out any of this until weeks after the election. The lying was pretty widespread, so how did they miss it until now?

It certainly would be much better if he was a genuinely honest person like the Clintons, Warren, Biden, Pelosi, and the rest of the highly ethical democrat crew that the "ever-vigilant press" (and Athos) keep such an accurate eye on. Note: That is intended to be recognized as sarcastic. But I'll tell you what. I'll be glad to swap this dishonest repub for a dishonest dem of your choice.
    Hahahahahalolololol............................... .........

Whataboutism AND deflection AND sarcasm - but not a peep about the fraud!! like I said, TOTALLY PREDICTABLE.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2022, 05:20 PM
    I'm just following your example. Tom posted this instance of far worse fraud several days ago. You have ignored it completely, so in what way are you setting a good example?

The Clueless Bureau of Labor Statistics outright lied when prior to the elections that the economy had created 1,047,000 jobs in the 2nd qtr of the year. Clueless boasted it during the campaign season as evidence that his economic plans are working . July 8 he bragged
    We have more Americans working in the private sector today than any day during the former president's time in office. In the second quarter of this year, we created more jobs than in any quarter under any of my predecessors in the nearly 40 years before the pandemic. We have more Americans working in the private sector today than any day during Donald Trump’s Presidency – more people than any time in our history.
    Statement by President Biden on the June Jobs Report | The White House

But now the Philadelphia Fed estimates that the REAL job growth was 10,500 jobs.
    1 million difference cannot be a statistical anomaly . It is more like a fraud of the election interference variety . It is another example of the deep state promoting the preferred candidates.
    In the typical words of Athos, "Hahahahahalolololol............................... ........."

I knew you would fall for it. You always do.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2022, 06:35 PM
    I wonder what the blond haired blue eyed Cherokee Brahmin has to say about it . She parlayed her lie into a decade long Senate seat .She was once a leading candidate to be the Dem nominee for President .

How about stolen valor Richard Blumenthal ? He rode the claim of serving in Vietnam during the war into decade long Senate seat .

If Santos won't resign as Warren and Blumenthal did then I'm sure the Repub leadership will force him to .....as the Dem leadership force the 2 Senators to resign .<sarc>

Short of that there is no qualification that our Reps must be honest . The Repubs need his vote as the Dems need the Senator's votes.

The difference I believe is the the Long Island Repubs will most likely primary Santos and he will be a one termer.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2022, 06:39 PM
    As is always the case, this is the great unanswered challenge.

"
    But I'll tell you what. I'll be glad to swap this dishonest repub for a dishonest dem of your choice.
    "
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2022, 06:49 PM
    I'm just following your example. Tom posted this instance of far worse fraud several days ago. You have ignored it completely, so in what way are you setting a good example?
    Good Lord!! This has NOTHING to do with the issue! NOTHING! NADA! Talk about diversion and deflection - this takes the cake!

In the typical words of Athos, "Hahahahahalolololol............................... ........."

Hardly typical. They were meant for YOU and ONLY you, as you well know. Hahahahalolol.

I knew you would fall for it. You always do.
    Hahahahaololol.

This is the clearest case of projection ever seen on this page. "Projection" means that the projectOR, here Jl, is PROJECTING his own internal feelings about the way he often falls for traps set by others to make him look foolish or wrong. JL thinks that by accusing another of the very thing he is suffering from will alleviate that suffering and divert the accusation to the accuser.

It's a totally transparent strategy well-known to psychologists, but JL is completely unaware of how it manifests itself, even tho' he fancies himself as a sharp-tongued observer of human nature. If he weren't so pathetic, it could be a learning moment for him.

Taking a cue from dwashbur, I will now end my participation in this farce to save JL from any further embarrassment as he struggles to recover and attempts to finish with what he undoubtedly will consider a devastating final comment. We can all have a good laugh at it.

God, sometimes this page can really be fun!!

Others are welcome to comment on the topic.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2022, 08:04 PM
    Good Lord!! This has NOTHING to do with the issue! NOTHING! NADA! Talk about diversion and deflection - this takes the cake!
    Yet another calm, well-reasoned reply.

I will now end my participation
    Unfortunate, but I do wish you well. I realize that having your beliefs questioned is hard for you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2022, 08:15 PM
    having your beliefs questioned is hard for you.
    I figured out that's why you constantly change the subject and don't address the one on the table.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2022, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I wonder what the blond haired blue eyed Cherokee Brahmin has to say about it . She parlayed her lie into a decade long Senate seat .She was once a leading candidate to be the Dem nominee for President .

How about stolen valor Richard Blumenthal ? He rode the claim of serving in Vietnam during the war into decade long Senate seat .

If Santos won't resign as Warren and Blumenthal did then I'm sure the Repub leadership will force him to .....as the Dem leadership force the 2 Senators to resign .<sarc>

Short of that there is no qualification that our Reps must be honest . The Repubs need his vote as the Dems need the Senator's votes.

The difference I believe is the the Long Island Repubs will most likely primary Santos and he will be a one termer.
    Whataboutism followed by diversion followed by another diversion. At least you admitted honesty is not a requirement for election as a Republican.

Otherwise, you performed exactly as expected. No surprise there.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 02:42 AM
    Whataboutism meaning that you would condemn one but not the other for doing exactly the same thing based on which side you support . Have I seen your condemnation of those far more influential Dems as you have shown about a freshman backbencher ?

Nope .

OK double standards then.

You would think that the Dems would've /could've punished the 2 Senior Senators in some way for their lies. Warren's DNA test clearly showed she's been lying. All she did with her lie is corruptly misuse affirmative action provisions to skip to the front of the line and rode that lie through academia and into the Senate .

Blumenthal's stolen valor should've disgraced him for all time. He was in the Senate when the Stolen Valor Act was passed by unanimous consent. Instead he was just easily reelected to a 3rd term

At least I suggested that the Repubs would/should deal with Santos by challenging him in the primaries.

What can I say ? The classic line for the hypocrisy the Dems are showing is that if it wasn't for double standards the Dems would have no standards at all. After all they elected the plagiarist in chief who was ' almost arrested visiting Nelson Mandella' .

Biden’s ridiculous claim he was arrested trying to see Mandela - The Washington Post

But that's just crazy ole Joe. His lies are legendary ,well documented ; and he continues to repeatedly tell them without consequences .

Oh yeah ...his biggest oft repeated lie. He had no knowledge of Hunter's business practices.
    Some of his others
    he was arrested at a civil rights march'
    he was once a truck driver
    he was once a star football player
    he once worked in a timber company
    he won a fight against a drug dealer named cornpop ( a classic !)
    his son was killed in Iraq.

Glad we elected to President the student who was top in his class; got 3 degrees with a full ride scholarship.

Nothing to see here. Just Joe being Joe.

Santos is joining a club that doesn't function without liars . He is the perfect swamp critter. On Fox he even tried to justify his lies.

As far as criticism of the Repub Congressional swamp leaders goes .... fire away. The whole group of them need to be replaced.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 05:24 AM
    Where was the Dems vaunted oppo research ? Where was the local press doing due diligence investigative journalism ? He was a candidate in 2020 also . So for 2 election cycles Santos ran and no one figured it out until after the election and he is ready to be seated ?

What is obvious is that resumes are far less decisive in campaigns than issues .
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2022, 06:18 AM
    Whataboutism meaning that you would condemn one but not the other for doing exactly the same thing based on which side you support . Have I seen your condemnation of those far more influential Dems as you have shown about a freshman backbencher ?

Nope .

OK double standards then.
    Exactly correct, and it's what makes Athos so angry. Point that out, and the invective starts to flow. The truth is, most people are willing to give a little more slack to people of a similar political philosophy. It's just how the world works.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 07:16 AM
    I know why the Dem oppo research was so lame that they did not pick up on the fact that he identifies as a gay Jewish former banker. Instead of doing their research on his background they were concentrating on his ties to Trump and his anti-abortion stance.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2022, 11:23 AM
    don't address the one on the table.
    What, in your view, was on the table?
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2022, 04:09 PM
    And yet another asked but unanswered question.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 04:19 PM
    Whataboutism meaning that you would condemn one but not the other for doing exactly the same thing
    Absolutely NOT the same thing! Santos' lies were the most bizarre thing ever seen in a Congress candidate- bar none. Your two comparisons were light-years less than what Santos claimed. LIGHT YEARS!!

Warren's DNA test clearly showed she's been lying.
    Another FALSEHOOD! Her DNA proved conclusively Warren had native American blood several generations back which was the family lore that Warren relied on. Easily verified. She got where she is on her own merits, outstanding that they are. Her financial savvy makes her a candidate for high federal office.

Blumenthal's stolen valor should've disgraced him for all time.
    If you think Blumenthal's "stolen valor" should have disgraced him for all time, then 98% of the elected Congressional Republicans deserve a worse fate. Howzzat for Whataboutism?

Santos is the perfect swamp critter.
    You got that right.

As far as criticism of the Repub Congressional swamp leaders goes .... fire away. The whole group of them need to be replaced.
    Done.
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2022, 04:31 PM
    Absolutely NOT the same thing! Santos' lies were the most bizarre thing ever seen in a Congress candidate- bar none. Your two comparisons were light-years less than what Santos claimed. LIGHT YEARS!!

Another FALSEHOOD! Her DNA proved conclusively Warren had native American blood several generations back which was the family lore that Warren relied on. Easily verified. She got where she is on her own merits, outstanding that they are. Her financial savvy makes her a candidate for high federal office.

If you think Blumenthal's "stolen valor" should have disgraced him for all time, then 98% of the elected Congressional Republicans deserve a worse fate. Howzzat for Whataboutism?

Gotta LOVE these calm, RATIONAL replies.

As to E. Warren, the problem is not that she claimed some very slender Native heritage, but that she claimed to be Native American which is laughably, ridiculously wrong.

On Tuesday, Warren’s claims took a major hit: The Washington Post reported on a Texas bar registration card from 1986 in which, clearly and apparently in her own hand, the Massachusetts Democrat had written “American Indian” when asked to identify her race.Neither Warren nor her office denied either the authenticity of the document nor that it was the senator’s signature on it. “I can’t go back,” Warren told the Post in an interview Tuesday. “But I am sorry for furthering confusion on tribal sovereignty and tribal citizenship and harm that resulted.”
    Here’s why this all matters so much: Prior to the Post’s report of this bar registration card, Warren had maintained some level of plausible deniability about claiming herself as a Native American.
    Additionally, she was listed as a minority in a faculty directory at Harvard Law School and also at Penn. The Cherokee nation did not view her claims with charity.
    Not only was that something short of foolproof evidence, but it also angered the Cherokee Nation, which argued that defining ethnicity via DNA and bloodlines was a dicey proposition. Last week, seemingly out of the blue, Warren apologized to the tribe for using the DNA test as an attempt to prove her heritage. That apology makes much more sense in light of the Post reporting on Tuesday.
    Elizabeth Warren's Native American problem just got even worse | CNN Politics

So evidently Tom's claims about Warren were TRUTHFUL.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 04:41 PM
    If Warren is native by some DNA from past generations then perhaps Santos really is Jew-ish
    .Cultural appropriation is acceptable then if one identifies as someone who merits special consideration by claiming to be in a culture race or gender that can gain special consideration during admission. That fraud sorta throws the whole concept of affirmative action on it's head .
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2022, 04:47 PM
    If Warren is native by some DNA from past generations then perhaps Santos really is Jew-ish
    Santos has already denied he is Jewish.

Cultural appropriation is acceptable then if one identifies as someone who merits special consideration by claiming to be in a culture race or gender that can gain special consideration during admission. That fraud sorta throws the whole concept of affirmative action on it's head .
    Complete and utter nonsense. OK, Tomder, you don't like Affirmative Action, Warren, or Blumenthal. We get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The war on Republicans [ 80 Answers ]

From the mythical war on women to hating blacks, children and old people, the war on Republicans continues from the top. Instead of discussing solutions, the man who would restore civility to politics has perfected Rule for Radicals number 12, “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and...

Hope for Republicans [ 4 Answers ]

I nearly lost faith in the Republican party during the whole tea party and debt crisis situations, but with Mitt Romney nearly certain to get the nomination, it looks like there may be hope for the party after all, nice to see voters coming to their senses. I think he could beat Obama, hope he...

Republicans: Who do you like so far in the GOP Field? [ 20 Answers ]

With Candidates surging and then falling from the top spot, it looks like Newt Gingrich is staying on top with over 34% Popularity. Who do you like and why?

Is congress and homeland security doing any thing to stop and revoke green card fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Can green cards and immigration status be revoked

. If there is collision between the president and Congress, can Congress restrain the [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help on this topic? I have to find all the information I can on this, so I can write a 2 to 4 page essay about. Thanks!

View more questions Search