Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 4, 2023, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But tell your friends that they could be up against organized crime and competing in the same space.
    Trust me, they're well aware of that.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2023, 04:24 AM
    Shoplifting cost retailers $100 billion in losses in 2021

It is organized crime. Author of this op-ed Jared Klickstein says that he was recruited to steal and did so to support his drug addiction. He writes that in 4 hours he could get $350 in untaxed money to support his habit.

He says that it used to be fences who recruit .But now it is organized crime. They take the merchandize and sell it on Amazon;eBay and Fakebook .

The shoplifting epidemic taking over America (nypost.com)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retail theft over 300 [ 3 Answers ]

Well me and my husband went to walmart the other day and when I walked away to get a soda he tried to walk out the door with everything we had in the cart I wasn't with him when he walked out cause I guess as soon as I went to get a soda he hurried out the door. I went back to the garden center...

Retail theft [ 0 Answers ]

Arrested for retail theft, on survelliance, booked on misdemeanor. Now calling me to come back to store to talk. Never read me rights. Can additional charges be added should I go in store? No previous record need some input. Will I get probation? Can I get court supervision? Can't sleep feel...

Retail Theft [ 7 Answers ]

My husband recently received a claim for retail theft of which he is not guilty but still got accused and fired for because of. They are asking us to settle outside of court and pay $350. We are wondering if we settle will it still tarnish his work record.

Retail theft [ 2 Answers ]

What is the offense for a retail theft under 40 dollars, after they accused me of stealing personal pictures, I paid for them after the citation was given to contact the court. My question is will I get jail time for a first offense of a small amount of retail theft, even though I paid for the...

Retail theft under $150, in PA [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I got caught for doing something very stupid retail theft... my gut said don't do it and I still did. I was just trying to see how people do it and not get caught heard from other people, watching TV no one ever gets caught. People who do it first time and don't know how to do it get caught....

View more questions Search