Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 05:50 PM
    The evangelistic association reported 2013 revenues as $106.5 million and 2014 as $112,893,788.
    I think there is a general problem with salaries in charitable organizations including one you have never objected to known as the Clinton Foundation. Even at that, Samaritan's Purse gives out several hundred million dollars a year to a number of different causes. I just don't see that as a "kerplop". He has also taken a principled stand against abortion in the same manner that his father worked against racial discrimination. And he is a consistent preacher of the Gospel, so what's the problem?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And he is a consistent preacher of the Gospel, so what's the problem?
    And his Gospel says what???
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:06 PM
    John 3:16.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:10 PM
    John 3:16.
    And if a person hasn't heard that Gospel or doesn't believe, then what does Franklin say?
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:33 PM
    I have no idea.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:40 PM
    I have no idea.
    Franklin Graham ... says Hell isn't a concept but a "reality." He says it's important not to doubt it because it's the reason Jesus died on a cross to save us from our sins.

"Jesus spoke about it a great deal. The Bible describes it as a 'blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.' It will not change with the maturing of human culture, or anything else we might dream up. Hell is a very real place that will be the eternal destination of souls who reject the forgiveness and salvation that a loving God offers us through His Son, Jesus Christ," Graham writes in a Facebook post. (from an article on 09/23/2018)
    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...eternal-debate
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:41 PM
    So he disagrees with you and agrees with the Bible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:44 PM
    So he disagrees with you and agrees with the Bible.
    That's not what Jesus was talking about.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:45 PM
    And you know this how? How is it that you somehow magically know that Jesus did not mean what he plainly said a number of times?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:47 PM
    And you know this how? How is it that you somehow magically know that Jesus did not mean what he plainly said a number of times?
    Read ALL of what Jesus said IN CONTEXT without twisting and shouting.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:49 PM
    Wonderful, generalized, non-specific answer that is actually not an answer at all. It basically amounts to saying that it is so because you say it is. And then there is the utterly predictable, hysterical reference to "twisting and shouting".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 06:55 PM
    Are Muslims and Hindus and Jews and Native Americans who believed in the Great Spirit and Sikhs and Buddhists and Roman Catholics saved?
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 06:57 PM
    And now the answer is a question. Great. But I knew already you would not provide an answer. It is your usual practice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 07:04 PM
    Ah! You don't know the answer to my question! I suspected you wouldn't. Or don't dare answer.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 07:06 PM
    I'm just copying you.
    don't dare answer.
    The WG theme song.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 07:11 PM
    The answer is LOVE.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2022, 07:15 PM
    jlisenbe
    It's a shame his son has taken such a massive kerplop on the man's legacy. It makes me sad.
    So running a charity that annually reaches out to hundreds of thousands of people suffering from natural disasters is a kerplop?
    He has told LGBTQ people that they don't have a right to exist. His charitable giving is to a very narrow range of recipients, only those he deems worthy and that won't upset his sexual apple cart. He has been very clear about that.

Being anti-abortion is hardly the same thing as being anti-racism. We know racism is evil, but you have never been able to prove biblically or otherwise that abortion is. You assume it and manipulate the evidence to fit your assumption. We've all seen you do it and you're still wrong. Franky Graham is not anti-abortion. He is anti-woman. He wants women to be second-class citizens, to not hold jobs, to not speak for themselves, to be subservient to their husbands to the point of accepting abuse, and if a woman dies for lack of an abortion, well, that's a shame. He gets zero respect from me, and his charity is a joke. Look into Samaritan Purse's finances. You'll be appalled if you look with an unjaundiced eye. Look into Franky's personal life. Ditto. He's not a good person.

You complained about the Clinton Foundation. They don't claim to represent Jesus and hold the cornered market on truth. Franky does.

Wondergirl
    Ah! You don't know the answer to my question! I suspected you wouldn't. Or don't dare answer.
    To be fair, he asked you first, and your answer was kinda lame.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 07:19 PM
    The answer is LOVE.
    What does John 3:16 say the love of God did?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2022, 07:22 PM
    What does John 3:16 say the love of God did?
    What do WE do in joyful response to that love? What do we do in His name when we see someone who is in need of love?

To dwashbur: I was going to bring up Frankie's "Christian" hatred of the LGBTQ community, but decided not to overwhelm JL.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2022, 07:33 PM
    He has told LGBTQ people that they don't have a right to exist. His charitable giving is to a very narrow range of recipients, only those he deems worthy and that won't upset his sexual apple cart. He has been very clear about that.
    That's not true. When SP does disaster relief, they don't exclude gay individuals. I think you are guilty of hyperbole on a grand scale.

Being anti-abortion is hardly the same thing as being anti-racism. We know racism is evil, but you have never been able to prove biblically or otherwise that abortion is. You assume it and manipulate the evidence to fit your assumption.
    The abortion industry in America was founded by the ultimate racist, Margaret Sanger. Even worse, racism does not usually involve the loss of life, while abortion always does, and the loss of an innocent human life at that. It is not an assumption. It is an easily demonstrable fact.

Franky Graham is not anti-abortion. He is anti-woman. He wants women to be second-class citizens, to not hold jobs, to not speak for themselves, to be subservient to their husbands to the point of accepting abuse, and if a woman dies for lack of an abortion, well, that's a shame.
    I don't think that's true. At any rate, you seem upset at the prospect of a mother dying, and yet have no concern for the death of her unborn child. That's puzzling to say the least.

He gets zero respect from me, and his charity is a joke. Look into Samaritan Purse's finances. You'll be appalled if you look with an unjaundiced eye. Look into Franky's personal life. Ditto. He's not a good person.
    I wish I had a dollar for every time on this site a person with no specifics asked me to look it up for them.

To be fair, he asked you first, and your answer was kinda lame.
    Thank you for that.

What do WE do in joyful response to that love? What do we do in His name when we see someone who is in need of love?
    And once again you refuse to answer a question. Note DW's comment above.

To dwashbur: I was going to bring up Frankie's "Christian" hatred of the LGBTQ community, but decided not to overwhelm JL.
    Provide a quote showing that. It is just so much nonsense. If a person says the Bible provides no support for a gay lifestyle, it magically becomes a shrill accusation of "hatred"!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? [ 60 Answers ]

What Does It Take To Be A Christian? So many churches say different things, And I want to know what your opinion is.

To what extent should nationalism be sacrificed in the interest of internationalism? [ 0 Answers ]

This is my essay question that I need to write. I need ideas and examples for this idea.

Christian [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am Mich3. I was looking for a Christian page. Is there one here?

Black     ural Nationalism [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the formulation of a black aesthetic have been necessary at the moment in history of the Civil Rights / Black Power movement; and is it still a useful ?

View more questions Search