Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellyjoy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2004, 01:14 AM
    RAM
    Hi.
    I would like to increase the RAM of my computer from the current 64MB to 256 MB. Is it possible?
    I am not a computer whiz. so I have no idea about the inside of computers much. But the technician told me since there were no slots available, he will remove the 64MB RAM and put 128MB in its place. But I want 256MB RAM. Can it be upgraded to that?
    I have a Pentium 3, 500MHZ configuration computer. What do you recommend?
    Thank You.
    PCgamer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2004, 10:36 AM
    Re: RAM
    Well, you can buy 1 512 mb stick and replace the 64 with it, or a 256, you don't necessarily have to get a 128. One problem could be the maximum amount of ram your PC can use. I'm not sure how to find this out other then checking the manufacturers website for the model of your motherboard or PC.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jun 24, 2004, 07:07 PM
    Re: RAM
    Also, you need to make sure you can get ram in that amount. Older types of ram, like SIMM modules, only come in a maximum of like 32MB or somthgn similar to that. If you have no free slots and the ones you have are already at maximum, you won't be able to upgrade. But since a technicion said he would upgrade to 128, I'm guessing you have DIMMs (Dual inline memory modules). If so, you will in all likelihood be able to drop in two 128MB sticks if not one 256MB stick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search