Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Wikipedia: In 1957, when Pelosi was still a minor, a car that he was driving was involved in an accident. His older brother David, who was a passenger in the car, died in the crash; Pelosi was subsequently acquitted of misdemeanor manslaughter.[14]
    I'm no wiser.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 09:05 AM
    Was alcohol involved? They were teens. Has Pelosi struggled with alcoholism his entire life? This librarian is researching.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 09:14 AM
    I have nothing else to add about his private life at this time .
    When more info makes it to the web and so called reliable sources I'll comment further

Besides ;the real thing everyone should take from this attack is how Dem controlled cites are becoming lawless. In San Fran it has gotten so bad that even the rich and powerful are not immune.

Was alcohol involved? They were teens. Has Pelosi struggled with alcoholism his entire life? This librarian is researching.
    yes and most likely involved in this incident too based on the 9-1-1 call report .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yes and most likely involved in this incident too based on the 9-1-1 call report .
    How do you figure?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 09:24 AM
    Besides ;the real thing everyone should take from this attack is how Dem controlled cites are becoming lawless. In San Fran it has gotten so bad that even the rich and powerful are not immune.
    Exactly correct.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 09:31 AM
    I have nothing else to add about his private life at this time
    Ok, good.

(alcohol) yes and most likely involved in this incident too based on the 9-1-1 call report
    You just said you had nothing further to add!!

Come on, urban areas always have high crime rates. Pelosi was not attacked because he is rich and powerful. He was attacked because he is the husband of Nancy Pelosi.

Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the Congress of the United States of America who was a target for the Trump insurrectionists who tried to overthrow the duly-elected government of the same United States of America. The Trump insurrectionists wanted to kill her along with Mike Pence. As Yogi would say, "You could look it up!".

Besides, the rural and small town Republican areas have a rise in crime rates also. How do you explain that?
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 09:56 AM
    Trump insurrectionists who tried to overthrow the duly-elected government of the same United States of America. The Trump insurrectionists wanted to kill her along with Mike Pence.
    Gross exaggeration, thy name is Athos. "Look it up?" OK, I'll take a shot at it.

So far as I have been able to find out, two of the rioters who entered the Capitol building have been charged with possession of firearms. None of them ever fired a shot. So if this was indeed an insurrection, it was certainly a pathetically weak one. There seems to have been no planning and no command or coordination. The people were essentially unarmed and never threatened any member of Congress with death or assault. I know of no evidence of any intent to kill anyone, but if anyone can point to some, then by all means do so.

Jill Sanborn, an FBI official, in her sworn testimony to a Senate committee investigating the riot said this when asked how many firearms were confiscated in the Capitol or on its grounds on Jan. 6. “To my knowledge we have not recovered any on that day from any of the arrests at the scene at this point. But I don’t want to speak on behalf of Metro and Capitol police, but to my knowledge none.”

Sanborn later noted that investigators found a firearm in a search of a vehicle that also had Molotov cocktails. The only shots fired that day, she said, were from an officer who shot and killed a woman inside the Capitol.

Fact check: FBI says bureau didn't recover guns at Capitol riot (usatoday.com)

Perhaps the great, unanswered question concerns why the security for the Congress was so weak.

If someone want to criticize Trump for taking far, far too long to tell the demonstrators to go home, then I'm with you on that one.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 10:57 AM
    Jl inconvenient facts . Most of the "insurrectionists " entered the Capitol armed with cameras to take selfies .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 11:07 AM
    Most of the "insurrectionists " entered the Capitol armed with cameras to take selfies .
    Tomder, you can't possibly be serious about this. After over a year of PROVEN documentation - visual, audio, paper, and over 800 arrests EIGHT HUNDRED!!!!!) - you still think it was just a bunch of folks "entering the Capitol armed with cameras to take selfies"? Please say it ain't so, Tomder.

When you write things like this, it makes all of us wonder what else do you have such a wildly incorrect take on.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 11:15 AM
    Excited, happy tourists on January 6!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbBIcwn6rRA

In this morning's newspaper:

WASHINGTON — The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband carried zip ties with him when he broke into the couple’s San Francisco home,
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Excited, happy tourists on January 6!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbBIcwn6rRA
    Anyone who watches that video and says it was "selfie picture taking" is a major problem. After so much time has passed, we now know the problem is less with the insurrectionists (they can be jailed, and are) but the viewers like Tomder who deny the evidence of their own eyes which has become the greater problem.

Not content with violence, they are now sabotaging any future election that don't like. It is definitely a FACT that they are trying to eliminate democracy for an authoritarian system of government which will soon become fascism. This is NOT hyperbole.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 12:12 PM
    Tomder, you can't possibly be serious about this. After over a year of PROVEN documentation - visual, audio, paper, and over 800 arrests EIGHT HUNDRED!!!!!) - you still think it was just a bunch of folks "entering the Capitol armed with cameras to take selfies"?
    If it's all so "proven", then present the documentation to bake up that claim...like I did to back up mine.

WASHINGTON — The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband carried zip ties with him when he broke into the couple’s San Francisco home,
    Uhm...that had nothing to do with the 1/6 conversation. Besides, that man was a Green party, pro public nudity dingbat and hardly a right winger.

As to your video, it was certainly disturbing and should never have happened. However, did you notice guns? Did you notice any real organization? Did you notice any armed attack resembling an insurrection? Did you see the part where a congressman/woman was threatened? In other words, where were the elements of a true insurrection???

How about the part where police reinforcements were called in, or where the National Guard, having wisely been prepositioned, were called in to help? Yeah, I didn't see that either. Wonder why not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If it's all so "proven", then present the documentation to bake up that claim...like I did to back up mine.
    Yep, gotta "bake up" those claims.
    As to your video, it was certainly disturbing and should never have happened. However, did you notice guns? Did you notice any real organization? Did you notice any armed attack resembling an insurrection? Did you see the part where a congressman/woman was threatened? In other words, where were the elements of a true insurrection???
    You want the video where the members of Congress are herded to safety? The part showing where pee and poop are splashed and smeared on floors and walls? The insurrectionists climbing ladders outside in order to break Capitol windows and gain access? The entering of offices and trashing them, especially the video of the guy who plopped himself down into Pelosi's desk chair and paged through papers and journals? And so much more.
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 12:39 PM
    No, I'd just settle for some answers to these questions. Now since you never have the courage to do that, then I know you won't. Still...

How about the part where police reinforcements were called in, or where the National Guard, having wisely been prepositioned, were called in to help? Yeah, I didn't see that either. Wonder why not?
    Of course, you do have an excellent point about the poop and pee. As we all know, all successful insurrections have been led by the "poop and pee" brigade. [SARC]

In case it has gone unnoticed, my objection is not to calling the 1/6 riot a terrible incident. I completely agree with that. My objection is to describing it as, "Trump insurrectionists who tried to overthrow the duly-elected government of the same United States of America. The Trump insurrectionists wanted to kill her along with Mike Pence." That is just childish hyperbole.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 12:40 PM
    800 mostly trespassing arrests . The most prominent charges is "Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building." some have disorderly conduct added . I don;t see any charges involving firearms .

and this guy should be charged with inappropriate attire in the Capitol
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 12:44 PM
    I don't know about that. Doesn't E. Warren dress that way sometimes in honor of her 1/10 of 1% Native heritage?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 12:46 PM
    JL, what was that mob doing at the Capitol on that lovely January day?

Typical tourist. Geez, give him a break, tomder!

"Hang Mike Pence!"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GuCysTdbn94

The guy sprawled in Pelosi's desk chair:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1dsex9dMZ60
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 12:47 PM
    JL, what was that mob doing at the Capitol that lovely January day?
    The vast majority were peaceful protestors. A significant number were basically rioting, you know like the rioters in Ferguson and a dozen other cities that you have been so critical of??? NOT!

No one will ever accuse you of being an equal opportunity criticizer.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The vast majority were peaceful protestors.
    Yeah, watch the videos of those peaceful protesters. Would you want them at your birthday party?
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 01:43 PM
    4 x Emmy Award winning ;3 x Edward R Murrow Award winning reporter Bill Melugin is reporting that according to his ICE sources ; DePape is an illegal immigrants as a longtime visa overstay .

He must be one of those 'sparks of divinity' that Madam Mimi refers to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brutally honest boyfriend [ 90 Answers ]

I have been with my current boyfriend 1 and a half years and we just moved in together. He has a lot of obsessive compulsive tendencies with keeping the house tidy and he has never lived with a girl before so he is set in his ways so if I do not do something his way it is the wrong way or stupid....

My boyfriend is brutally honest and it hurts. [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 4 years now. When we met I was 10 pounds lighter. I'm 5'5 and weigh 120 I used to weigh 110. No matter how much I diet it just won't come off. I work at a children's gym and am constantly burning calories. My boyfriend has issues with affection. He...

Girlfriend taking a break - she's brutally honest about everything [ 21 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years now and she now decides that she doesn't know if she's ready for a relationship. So she wants time. I'm not okay with breaks but I gave it a try. I decide its best not to talk to her because this is the best chance of us working it out. Her ex boyfriend...

Which path do I follow? I need brutally honest advise. [ 8 Answers ]

Two summers ago, I had met one of my best guy friends Jack. We have had tremendous chemistry since day one. We’ve always been able to talk and laugh about anything regardless of how simple or how complex. The first night we met, we were already talking about God, life, friends and things like that....

View more questions Search