Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2022, 03:54 AM
    Should the US be committing it's resources in Haiti rather than Ukraine ?
    Haiti is in our back yard . Strategically it sits at the gateway to the US soft under belly .(just look at a map and see where it is in the island chain at the approach to the US southern border )

Right now it is an ungovernable basket case . Gang rule is replacing civil order .
    A gang warlord is consolidating power

Who’s behind Haiti’s powerful gang alliance? | PBS NewsHour

The compliant press don't devote much ink reporting this . However this is another clear policy failure of the US

Another posting mentioned US coalition building successes .

Recently Clueless Joe went to the UN with a proposal that a coalition of nations under UN managment should go the Haiti to help stabilize it .

Not one nation stepped up to the plate ....... Well almost no nation.

So far, no country has offered to lead the force, though The Bahamas has said it could send troops or police if asked to do so.

U.S. confident of U.N. resolution, multinational task force on Haiti in early November | Reuters

There ya go ! That 1st class military nation of Bahamas is willing to send police.

But they did adopt that tried and true alternative to action .......sanctions

World powers at U.N. unanimously adopt arms embargo, travel ban and sanctions aimed at Haiti criminal gangs - CBS News

How this helps the people of Haiti escapes me . Thier needs are immediate . While the war party in the US wrings it's hands over the destruction of Ukraine , Haiti ;a nation right in our back yard ,and in our strategic sphere of interest has been destroyed for many years now .

Check out some similar questions!

Committing my son [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have an answer but a question. My son is saying on a daily basis to us that he has so many visions in his head that my husband abused him that it has to be true. It is not. My daughter who was there has told him repeatedly that this is not true. We were not a family that didn't have...

Haiti [ 34 Answers ]

I know it is old news now but I find it interesting that Haiti hasn't rated a mention here Could that be that it is offshore to some insignificant little nation

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.